Author Topic: how did the days hunt go  (Read 15344 times)

Offline sharpshooter

• 8 Pointer
Re: how did the days hunt go
« Reply #15 on: Nov 07, 2005, 04:59:05 PM »
went out friday didnt see anything but moose sat we saw one moose 3 of the guys saw one deer each went out and watched the field this afternoon nothing woods are still noisy for me as i still hunt most of the time and still a lot of leaves on the trees yesterday would have been a good day with that light rain my brother saw a buck and doe in a field on his way home from work so sad he didnt have a gun with him

Offline sharpshooter

• 8 Pointer
« Reply #16 on: Nov 11, 2005, 09:48:04 PM »
pushed 3 deer to my brother got one shot off but he ended up hitting a bull pine with the shot the hunting partner with him could get off a shot my youngest brother got and his hunting partner shot a 9 inch spikehorn this morning 138lbs iam thinking its time to try and use my doe tag if i dont see any bucks sat.

Offline Scott Wright

• Forked
  • shotgun, rifle or bow... I LOVE to hunt!!
« Reply #17 on: Nov 13, 2005, 06:40:00 AM »
Waited in my blind for 5 hours, after spreading doe in heat buck lure... made a few bleat calls, now and again.. its a good area, full of sign...

Stayed til dark, without seeing anything but a couple walking hunters... which was ok as I figured they might move the deer around...

climbed out and packed up in the moonlight....

walked 200 yards...

stopped to take a leak....

zipped up, took 2 steps and jumped a big ol' shadow about 20 yards from where I was peeing...

It's been THAT kind of season, so far..

Let\'s go get \'em

Offline chillywillie

• 6 Pointer
  • Buxton, Maine
« Reply #18 on: Nov 14, 2005, 07:36:08 AM »
Sounds like me too.  I was out all day Saturday and didn't see anything.  Sunday around noon, I was laying under my snowmobile trailer repacking the bearings and a big doe came trotting out in my field about 50 yards from me.

Offline Scott Wright

• Forked
« Reply #19 on: Nov 14, 2005, 12:01:04 PM »
sheese... what a season... hope they start going crazy with the rut this weekend..
Let\'s go get \'em

Offline sharpshooter

• 8 Pointer
« Reply #20 on: Nov 14, 2005, 12:39:54 PM »
the hunting has been fun but the lack of seeing deer this year stinks i havent seen a deer sience the fist 1/2 hr opening day we have found around 10 deer skulls /bodies in the woods this year 3 of wich have been spike horns i think the winter took a toll on the deer heard last winter or the dogs we arnt jumping any yearlings this year and thats one thing we always see

Offline Out4Trout

• 8 Pointer
  • Out4Bucks in November
« Reply #21 on: Nov 14, 2005, 05:43:49 PM »
I'm glad you guys are posting what you are or aren't seeing at least. I wish I had more info to offer this year, but the deer have moved out on me. I used to write down on a calender every time I saw a deer in my back field. In past years, the calender has been abou 3/4 full. This year......zero. It's been getting worse the last few years.  ??? I think coyotes and turkeys have taken over.  >:(

Offline chillywillie

• 6 Pointer
  • Buxton, Maine
« Reply #22 on: Nov 15, 2005, 07:01:50 AM »
Where I hunt in Buxton, the deer are learning that if they stay in the woods or fields they get shot.  I've been jumping them right behind houses where it's hard to get permission to shoot so close.

Offline sharpshooter

• 8 Pointer
« Reply #23 on: Nov 15, 2005, 09:19:02 AM »
a frind of mine. got a 10 point buck sat at 7.30 hes been chasing this deer for 3 years trying to get a picture to post 197lbs 1 shot the deer droped in its tracks if the antlers are as big as his past drops it should be a beauty went out behind the house yesterday afternoon deer sign everywher but couldnt lay my eyes on one a field here in town known for the heard thats in the fields at dusk has been empty this year as well last year i would see 8-12 deer an evening just after legal shooting time a guy that has been sitting my stand sience the fist day of the season saw 2 small does the fist monday and nothing since.I have an uncle that lives in buxton and 6 cousins ill try to call him and see how things are going up that way

Offline Scott Wright

• Forked
« Reply #24 on: Nov 18, 2005, 03:17:03 PM »
went out this morning... 19 degrees at 5:10 am... spread scent in the moonlight... got set up in my blind... didn't move a muscle for two hours.. finally, freezing, I stretched a little... crunch, crunch, crunch.... just saw the tail....

Its been one of those years.... I just can't catch a break... decided to come home and paint my ice shack... painted it camo...

hope the camo doesnt jinx my ice fishing season.... like it seems to have with my hunting.... ::)
Let\'s go get \'em

Offline sharpshooter

• 8 Pointer
« Reply #25 on: Nov 18, 2005, 06:09:53 PM »
BEEN ONE OF THOSE YEARS FOR ALOT OF US SCOTT TOTAL KILL FOR THE STARE IS DOWN IN THE WOODS TODAY BEFORE LIGHT CAME OUT IN THE DARK I MYSELF SAW NO DEER HOWEVER MY YOUNGER BROTHER NOT MORE THEN 40 YARDS FROM ME JUMPS A BUCK AND 2 DOES IN A STRIP LOT HE FIRES 2 SHOTS AT THE BUCK WHEN I GET TO HIM SAYS I KNOW I GOT HIM HE WAS RIGHT IN THE CROSS HAIRS WELL HE MISSED I CHASED THOSE DEER FOR 2 HOURS THE ONLY GOOD THING WAS THE BUCK SPLIT FROM THE DOES SO MAYBE HELL BE LOOKING FOR THEM WE HAD HIM FIRE HIS RIFLE NO DOUT THE SCOPE IS DEAD ON  I THINK I BETTER DIGOUT THE BLACK POWDER SUNDAY AND HAVE IT READY TO GO LOOKS LIKE IAM GONNA NEED THE X-TRA TIME TO TRY AND SAVE THE YEAR THAT MAKES TEN DEER HES SEEN THIS YEAR MY SON INLAW HASNT SEEN ONE YET SO IF YOUR SEEING THEM YOUR DOING BETTER THEN MOST

Offline Scott Wright

• Forked
« Reply #26 on: Nov 19, 2005, 09:04:29 AM »
Well.... I'm seeing tails....

I think I'll do black powder, too... if I don't tag one this week... I'm hoping its a late rut and the cold weather will get'em moving...

HOPING...
Let\'s go get \'em

Offline sharpshooter

• 8 Pointer
« Reply #27 on: Nov 19, 2005, 08:52:00 PM »
well that younger brother of mine taged out with a baby doe this morning mother and yearling came walking right out to him untill he clicked his safty off they didnt wait to see what the noise was they took off on the fly fired at the dig doe hit the little one in the neak dont think he was taking a lead on the big doe and the little fella ran into the bullet that would have made the11th,12th deer hes seen this year plus 2 he saw in a field on his way home from work but didnt have his gun with him saw some nice bucks go by the house to the tagging station today there was one guy there with a40 lb doe said it was the fist deer the 4 of them have seen all yearthe only good thing abot taking that small deer is that it wouldnt have made the winter if we get a great amount of snow and the meat if any should be tenderyou know what i saw [b]nothing[/b]this has been the worst year ive had seeing deer since i was a teenger

Offline sharpshooter

• 8 Pointer
« Reply #28 on: Nov 19, 2005, 10:43:49 PM »
if i did this right we should have a picture of my brother with his deer

Offline sharpshooter

• 8 Pointer
« Reply #29 on: Nov 19, 2005, 11:50:12 PM »
this is the fork horn my youngest brother got the fist day about 15-20 min after the season opened

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal