Author Topic: DEER IN THE FIELDS  (Read 4443 times)

Offline Out4Trout

• 8 Pointer
  • Out4Bucks in November
DEER IN THE FIELDS
« on: Sep 08, 2004, 06:46:52 PM »
I was painting on the back of the house late this afternoon and happened to see a doe and lamb feeding down in the field.  :o I have a small field behind the house and the deer are finally starting to come out. The past few years they have been out there all summer long, but haven't seen them much this year.

Offline bear baiter

• Nubbie
Re: DEER IN THE FIELDS
« Reply #1 on: Sep 08, 2004, 08:13:03 PM »
yeah i am just starting to see the deer coming out into the fields i usually start seeing them towards the end of sept. in the fields usually after they hay for the last time

Offline Out4Trout

• 8 Pointer
  • Out4Bucks in November
« Reply #2 on: Oct 25, 2004, 07:49:47 PM »
Well I think they have flown the coop  :( I haven't seen hardly anything since my last post. I live in district 23 where there is supposed to be a lot of deer but they are not near my house. I've taken a few walks down back and there is not much sign - and less that one week to go!  ??? Maybe once the season starts, other hunters will push them back into my area.  :-\

Offline Out4Trout

• 8 Pointer
  • Out4Bucks in November
« Reply #3 on: Apr 04, 2005, 12:12:00 PM »
Just went out my back door at lunch time today and there were 4 deer standing in my back field looking at me. They were about 75 yards away. Maybe this will be a good year.

Offline oldfox

• Spiked
  • Jerry
« Reply #4 on: Apr 08, 2005, 03:52:24 PM »
Always a good sign! ;D...had 2 out back of the house today...just munching on the new young tree shoots..:)

Offline Out4Trout

• 8 Pointer
  • Out4Bucks in November
« Reply #5 on: Jun 02, 2006, 06:58:35 AM »
Well a deer finally showed itself behind the house this morning, so I guess they are around, but few and far between. It was an easy winter so hopefully I'll be seeing more.
I also found fresh tracks where a moose walked accross my lawn up my driveway either last night or early this morning. I wish I'd seen him.

Offline oldfox

• Spiked
  • Jerry
« Reply #6 on: Jun 03, 2006, 01:05:59 PM »
Well a deer finally showed itself behind the house this morning, so I guess they are around, but few and far between. It was an easy winter so hopefully I'll be seeing more.
I also found fresh tracks where a moose walked accross my lawn up my driveway either last night or early this morning. I wish I'd seen him.

I just saw 3 out back last evening...first I've seen this year....last year by this time I had seen a total of 8....lots of sign...it should be a great season this year!

Offline Out4Trout

• 8 Pointer
  • Out4Bucks in November
« Reply #7 on: Jun 20, 2006, 12:26:08 PM »
I happened to look out today at lunch time and saw this deer walking up toward the house. I thought it was a doe at first - seems that's all that ever comes out, but it was a small buck. He had a couple of spike horns in velvet, I don't know if they will branch out into crotch horns or not. Here's a few pics.

He was just on the edge of my back lawn.

He stuck around for about a half an hour before heading back into the woods.

Always fun to watch.

Offline oldfox

• Spiked
  • Jerry
« Reply #8 on: Jun 20, 2006, 03:49:06 PM »
nice pictures !.... :)

Offline adkRoy

• 12 Pointer
  • Beware, the Ghost Deer are going to get you!!!!
« Reply #9 on: Jun 23, 2006, 06:25:45 AM »
Awesome pictures. ;D
Tresspassing on my land is bad, Tresspassing on my land with an ATV will get you shot!

Offline Out4Trout

• 8 Pointer
  • Out4Bucks in November
« Reply #10 on: Jul 20, 2006, 05:07:42 PM »
I think it may turn out to be a good fall. I've been seeing deer almost daily. There was a doe and fawn still in spots yesterday. That little thing was running around and kicking up it's heels like a young calf..........or like a young fawn I guess. A lot of fun to watch. Too far away to get any pics.

Offline chillywillie

• 6 Pointer
  • Buxton, Maine
« Reply #11 on: Jul 26, 2006, 08:21:39 AM »
I saw the smallest fawn I've ever seen a few days ago behund the house.  It's head was barely visible aboce the grass.

Offline oldfox

• Spiked
  • Jerry
« Reply #12 on: Jul 28, 2006, 02:45:48 PM »
Mom aand two cute fawns (some spots left) out back this early AM....came within 20 feet of the cabin!....they wanted to nurse, but mom was starting to shy away from them...you have to love nature at this time of the year!  ;D

Offline killditrite

• Forked
« Reply #13 on: Aug 17, 2006, 08:25:24 AM »
had 2 does and 2 fawns this morning in the field behind my house...i usually see turkeys there and havent seen them in a while...my little girl was tickled to see the fawns

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal