Author Topic: Shotgun season so far  (Read 16810 times)

Offline Bassmaster16

• Spiked
Shotgun season so far
« on: Nov 29, 2017, 07:05:54 AM »
I shot my first Massachusetts buck yesterday, 6 pointer. How's everyone else season going so far?

Offline The Jigger

• Forked
Re: Shotgun season so far
« Reply #1 on: Nov 30, 2017, 10:01:55 AM »
Good Job
Still using the bow. One 3 pointer for  so far another 5 pointer for the coyotes found the next morning.

Offline Bassmaster16

• Spiked
« Reply #2 on: Nov 30, 2017, 06:39:41 PM »
That sucks when the yotes get to them. sorry to hear bout that. I've only been seeing one or 2 vehicles all week in the parking lots. Went 11 miles scouting today for another buck and the woods were a ghost town. Gonna try little further south on the res and see how that goes.

Offline The Jigger

• Forked
« Reply #3 on: Nov 30, 2017, 07:00:09 PM »
That sucks when the yotes get to them. sorry to hear bout that. I've only been seeing one or 2 vehicles all week in the parking lots. Went 11 miles scouting today for another buck and the woods were a ghost town. Gonna try little further south on the res and see how that goes.

Good Luck
Rain setting in tonight and ending in the morning. I think Ill sit in my blind. Only have night photos but with the rain they might show up.

Offline Bassmaster16

• Spiked
« Reply #4 on: Dec 01, 2017, 05:05:02 PM »
I couldn't believe it. after the last 2 years of hunting on greylock and never seeing a person other than at the parking lot i saw 5 hunters in the woods today. No deer sign or activity. I think they've been driven over the hill. Time to try another area.

Offline The Jigger

• Forked
« Reply #5 on: Dec 01, 2017, 09:17:09 PM »
Stuck a doe tonight but couldn't find it. left a decent blood trail but got into a thicket and screwed us up. Will go check it out in the morning.

Offline ActiveTrapChecker

• Forked
« Reply #6 on: Dec 02, 2017, 07:07:32 AM »
Stuck a doe tonight but couldn't find it. left a decent blood trail but got into a thicket and screwed us up. Will go check it out in the morning.

Good luck. Hopefully the yotes don’t beat you to her

Offline buckblaster

• 10 Pointer
« Reply #7 on: Dec 02, 2017, 12:00:03 PM »
Hope you found her. The yotes are getting braver every year. Twice this year they ran in on us while we were tracking. Could see them with head lamps
icefishinman88 on the shanty

Offline The Jigger

• Forked
« Reply #8 on: Dec 02, 2017, 07:19:29 PM »
No luck finding her. I shot from a blind for the first time and I'm wondering if the side of my crossbow hit the side wall of the blind and deflected my shot.
I believe it was a flesh wound. I found my bolt and it was just covered with fatty substance rather than blood.
  Nothing tonight.Try again Monday.

Offline deerhunter

• 6 Pointer
« Reply #9 on: Dec 05, 2017, 09:39:45 AM »
come on dick. I haven't been seeing anything and its not from the lack of trying. but with this cold weather coming in for muzzleloader i'll be staying in bed in the morning. lol

Offline The Jigger

• Forked
« Reply #10 on: Dec 05, 2017, 05:49:20 PM »
come on dick. I haven't been seeing anything and its not from the lack of trying. but with this cold weather coming in for muzzleloader i'll be staying bed in the morning. lol

I'm still using the crossbow behind the house. Getting a lot of night photos. I'm hunting from a blind. I think using the crossbow from the blind you have to watch that the bolt fletching doesn't hit the side of the opening. I believe that's what happened. We should of threw in a tree stand, although it was nice and dry tonight in the rain.   ;D ;D Anything yet this year Bill?
« Last Edit: Dec 05, 2017, 05:56:19 PM by The Jigger »

Offline deerhunter

• 6 Pointer
« Reply #11 on: Dec 07, 2017, 08:21:52 AM »
no dick. and im getting frustrated. just not seeing them .

Offline The Jigger

• Forked
« Reply #12 on: Dec 07, 2017, 09:29:11 AM »
no dick. and im getting frustrated. just not seeing them .
[/quote

Sorry to hear that, You generally have a couple stacked up by now.
Same with me for quite a while I've only seen 3 so far. Got a 3 pointer. Then a 5 pointer that we found the next morning, It was coyote food.
Then I hit a doe on Friday but I think it was a flesh wound Good blood but she just kept on the move.
Oh well back at it.

Offline SHaRPS

• 6 Pointer
« Reply #13 on: Dec 09, 2017, 02:19:23 PM »
I am just over the boarder in RI. 5 deer for me this season and heading back out tomorrow for the season ender. Had a doe today but let her walk. 8 pointer, big 6 pointer, big doe, and 2 skippers. No need to buy beef this year thats for sure.
Honor Respect Loyalty

Offline deerhunter

• 6 Pointer
« Reply #14 on: Dec 13, 2017, 11:45:45 AM »
I need to hunt ri

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal