Author Topic: bears big an black  (Read 6914 times)

Offline atplayart

• Forked
bears big an black
« on: May 20, 2013, 03:34:12 PM »
checked baits 2 outta three got pope an young bears on em  one of em has a five foot colour phase bear ( not  a shooter for me) save it for a friend who wants a nice rug-- but the big guys hav my attention--will hunt one tonite if not raining-- need to be in stand by 5am if i hunt other bait in morning-- that's early for me-- huntin supposed to b fun so i won't hunt in rain  no more lol:)--- the third bait is where my friend took his bear an there is a mother with 2 cubs on it--shud be filmable light till almost 9:30 2nite and starting at round 5am in morning-- hope weather co-operates --if i get some got pics or vids will try to e-mail them to somebody to post 4 me

art

Offline hesseltine32

• 12 Pointer
  • Run and Gun
Re: bears big an black
« Reply #1 on: May 20, 2013, 07:50:43 PM »
Good luck !

Offline 30-30

• 30 Point Buck
  • Hunt America
« Reply #2 on: May 20, 2013, 07:54:52 PM »
checked baits 2 outta three got pope an young bears on em  one of em has a five foot colour phase bear ( not  a shooter for me) save it for a friend who wants a nice rug-- but the big guys hav my attention--will hunt one tonite if not raining-- need to be in stand by 5am if i hunt other bait in morning-- that's early for me-- huntin supposed to b fun so i won't hunt in rain  no more lol:)--- the third bait is where my friend took his bear an there is a mother with 2 cubs on it--shud be filmable light till almost 9:30 2nite and starting at round 5am in morning-- hope weather co-operates --if i get some got pics or vids will try to e-mail them to somebody to post 4 me

art
             You can e=mail them to me & I'll do it for you. Just go to my profile, I think my e-mail is there. Yep it's there.
« Last Edit: May 20, 2013, 07:55:39 PM by 30-30 »

Offline Green Mountian Hunter

• 30 Point Buck
  • FREE DROBS !!!!
« Reply #3 on: May 21, 2013, 04:02:41 AM »
Good luck Art ;   I'll even post them for you my e=mail is on my profile

Offline atplayart

• Forked
« Reply #4 on: May 21, 2013, 01:05:59 PM »
last nite was rainin so i didn't hunt -- was in ststand @ 5:30 am -- just got up in treestand an digging camera out of bag an nice black bear on its way in-- by the time i got cross bow hung an camera set up he decided sumthing wrong an had snuck back out --- checked trail cam pics an nothing was in since 1 am -- so i guess we decided to hit bait at same time--wanted to b in stand at 5am --- if i haddn't been late wooda had lots of time-- if i hadda hunted last nite the big bear came in at 8 pm  :(-- so only pics i got were on the trail cam the other bait where the other pope an young bear is was not hit  --  but bait where momma an cubs is has big   bear on it now also---got 2nite an 2 morrow morn'n to hunt -- then work next day -- then try em again friday-- keepin u all posted so i won't get lazy an stay home lol--- when i was young i wooda killed 4 this kinda action an set 4 hours but when baits r 15 minutes away i figure i can do it anytime an get lazy lol :) will keep u posted

Offline atplayart

• Forked
« Reply #5 on: May 21, 2013, 11:04:27 PM »
no show 2nite sat from 7 till dark at 9:30  -- trail cam shopwed bears at 11:30 am and 3 pm -- both times bears hung around for bout 15 minutes --- gonna try agin in mornin-- they not playin fair lol :) want to get sum vid wih new camera --last sit b4 hav to wrk  for a day --- then back at it on friday am  :)

• 30 Point Buck
  • FREE DROBS !!!!
« Reply #6 on: May 22, 2013, 04:06:39 AM »
Some times they don't want to play much , I think they like women some times  :-X  But you never now when they will show themselves  :)

• 30 Point Buck
  • FREE DROBS !!!!
« Reply #7 on: May 25, 2013, 08:32:27 AM »
no show 2nite sat from 7 till dark at 9:30  -- trail cam shopwed bears at 11:30 am and 3 pm -- both times bears hung around for bout 15 minutes --- gonna try agin in mornin-- they not playin fair lol :) want to get sum vid wih new camera --last sit b4 hav to wrk  for a day --- then back at it on friday am  :)
How they doing they starting to come around a little more often for you now during the day light

Offline atplayart

• Forked
« Reply #8 on: May 25, 2013, 10:47:30 AM »
How they doing they starting to come around a little more often for you now during the day light

hi Chuck  my friend gabbo is sending u some pics of the bear he shot with me an i think a short vidieo  b4 he shot it --- sorry i hav't had time to send u the pics of the big bears-- will get at it soon i hope  -- big bears hav't returned --got some 5 footers an  mother with cubs on bait only now  --so no shooters 4 me :(   thanks again art

Offline windwalker

• 6 Pointer
« Reply #9 on: May 26, 2013, 07:49:03 AM »
The big boars will be with there sows or wandering looking for a sow .I would put a lot of effort now into having a bait site that offers a lot of calories to draw the sows in .I'm actually surprised that you see them that early in the day ? I have never had a bear come in before seven  or later in the evening ? But it sounds like you're in the right area and should with a little bit of patience get that shot at the big boy  ;)

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal