Author Topic: Bait or Call? Day or night?  (Read 36044 times)

Offline trying to get my first

• 6 Pointer
Bait or Call? Day or night?
« on: Nov 15, 2012, 05:48:30 PM »
I have SO many dogs on the land i Hunt its not even funny its killing my deer heard. I saw one last week while deer hunting couldn't get a shot off. So my question is I'm new to yote hunting. Do you bait them and sit and wait right before dark. Or break the bank get a electronic caller and call those suckers in. Thanks for the help!

Offline Raquettedacker

• Cactus Buck
Re: Bait or Call? Day or night?
« Reply #1 on: Nov 15, 2012, 05:55:00 PM »
I would do both...    And you can get a Johnny Stewart call for $100...    Calling on a full moon with snow on the ground is fun...
"Dying is the easy part. Learning how to live is the hard part..."

Offline bone_and_beard

• 6 Pointer
« Reply #2 on: Nov 27, 2012, 05:49:50 PM »
cabelas has wireless fox pros on sale for 120 bucks they work very well.

Offline aquaassassin

• 30 Point Buck
  • AIM SMALL... MISS SMALL
« Reply #3 on: Nov 27, 2012, 06:24:10 PM »
I keep it simple and cheap and do extremly well. Mouth calls from Johnny stewart Pc-1 and 3 I think I have. Also the flextone all in distress rabbit. I have the long range Mick Lacy too probably my favorite it sounds the best to me but have killed the most with the green Stewart one. I don't use any bait. sunup is best for me with a dusk in second. In the winter they come in all day though. Never stay more than an hour. if they arent there in a hr. they won't come. Says so on all the videos too. I do most of my hunting in the woods most do it in fields though. I use my Benelli Supernova 12 ga. mostly with a Carlsons dead coyote choke and hevi shot coyote loads. It is a lot of fun and helps your deer at the same time. Never saw a single one this year..........
It's not being cocky if you can back it up!

Offline stka

• 30 Point Buck
« Reply #4 on: Nov 27, 2012, 06:38:18 PM »
No need to break the bank on an electronic call. Cheack this one out, we made 2-3 of them and they work very well. A big plus is that you can download and edit your own calls.http://www.varmintal.com/ahunt.htm#El-Cheapo The whole site is good, but the call is worth making for sure.

Calling on a full moon with snow on the ground is fun...

I like hunting them at night with a bright moon. My friend and his daughter will have their AR15's fitted with lasers by the time deer season is over. One green and one red, that would be really cool to see when they light them up in the twilight on a pack of coyotes  ;D.

I saved all the scraps and bones from butchering for bait, will do it with any others we get too.

Offline gradysjeep

• Forked
« Reply #5 on: Dec 10, 2012, 09:18:35 AM »
Be careful you may find coyote hunting is more fun the then deer.  A couple good hand calls is all you need.  Don't forget a howler and learn how to use it.  My best calling times have been first couple hours of light in the morning.

Offline drobertsinMaryland

• 30 Point Buck
« Reply #6 on: Dec 10, 2012, 10:26:19 AM »
Don't bait some will try and discredit you on your harvest. The others that don't know any better will think you do it all the time. Oh wait we are talking about coyotes. I say do both then.

Offline huntny30

• Non-typical 13 Pointer
« Reply #7 on: Dec 10, 2012, 10:51:42 AM »
Don't bait some will try and discredit you on your harvest. The others that don't know any better will think you do it all the time. Oh wait we are talking about coyotes. I say do both then.

You have already discredited yourself Dave...nobody takes you seriously on here anymore...you get challenged or somebody disagrees with you and you get a little angry, you start acting like a spoiled little brat...you log in and act like you have put everyone in their place but in reality and while comical you try to be a keyboard tough guy...I have met you in person and many others on here and reality is you would never act like the baby that you are acting like in front of them, they would all fold your skinny little beak...I'm sure Drama Dave will continue with his little temper-tantrum but honestly none of us care...we find it amusing at least...you have become the new CP...you have killed one Big Buck in your life and act like you are the standard to hunting...truth is you wouldn't stand a chance in the Big Woods or anywhere else in the nation except maybe Texas...sitting in a treestand and crying everytime something doesn't go your way and threating to kick everyone in the doodads because you don't agree with it is plain and simply immature...I am done taking you seriously and your childish posts have ruined anything good you have offered to me...good luck finding a job and a girl and happiness because you are too immature to deal with any of it... ;) 8)

I hope you coyote hunters have a record year and thin the population as much as possible...sorry for ruining your party... 8)
« Last Edit: Dec 10, 2012, 11:30:15 AM by huntny30 »
"Life is tough, but it's tougher when you're stupid."
John Wayne

• 30 Point Buck
« Reply #8 on: Dec 10, 2012, 11:41:23 AM »
You have already discredited yourself Dave...nobody takes you seriously on here anymore...you get challenged or somebody disagrees with you and you get a little angry, you start acting like a spoiled little brat...you log in and act like you have put everyone in their place but in reality and while comical you try to be a keyboard tough guy...I have met you in person and many others on here and reality is you would never act like the baby that you are acting like in front of them, they would all fold your skinny little beak...I'm sure Drama Dave will continue with his little temper-tantrum but honestly none of us care...we find it amusing at least...you have become the new CP...you have killed one Big Buck in your life and act like you are the standard to hunting...truth is you wouldn't stand a chance in the Big Woods or anywhere else in the nation except maybe Texas...sitting in a treestand and crying everytime something doesn't go your way and threating to kick everyone in the doodads because you don't agree with it is plain and simply immature...I am done taking you seriously and your childish posts have ruined anything good you have offered to me...good luck finding a job and a girl and happiness because you are too immature to deal with any of it... ;) 8)
Drama Dave I like that. 8) Is Scotty mad I didn't pay heed to his pm?  So much for controlling your temper Mr. Navy man. Looks real respectable when a Navy Senior Chief is calling people spoiled brats on the internet. I think its funny I am getting under your highly trained skin.  No one cares how I am acting? You obviously sure do. ;D You met me for a whole 45 min. and now you know me? ;D ;D As for the smashing my beak part I wont go there. How's that ankle doing?  How did you injure that again playing paintball? ;D ;D ;D By the way back by popular demand had to do with my avatar. Fast Ball is the name of the high racked 8pt buck Mr. Know it all.  I have also killed more than one decent buck buck in my life. Definitely wouldn't have shot a half racker like you. That was proven on video this year. Fact of the matter is if I wouldn't be messing with your bros you wouldn't say jack.

• 30 Point Buck
« Reply #9 on: Dec 10, 2012, 11:52:00 AM »
No the fact of the matter is you are a loser and the only thing you have going for you is this site, your immaturity is amusing and like I said you wouldn't stand a chance in any of our woods you would cry like a little baby like you do over and over...this isn't temper, I am as calm and collected as ever, I just call it like I see it...you really aren't getting under my skin I am just more annoyed that I have talked to you about your issues, I have shared pictures with you and exchanged texts and I thought I did know someone, but instead you turned out to be a 31 year old spoiled brat that still depends on Mommy and Daddy, you think you are better than everyone else and really you are a bum, or to use your words a little punk, that is fact, I promise that only maybe one of two that have read your tantrums would agree...I don't care if people don't like me, but I try to be as honest and respectful as possible and I am happy with my life...as for you you live a sad little life as a child that never grew up and had to do something on his own or for himself... ;D
lol Is that all your got? Come up with a response that doesn't make you sound like your in elementary school.

• 30 Point Buck
« Reply #10 on: Dec 10, 2012, 11:59:19 AM »
Here is the facts I have lived on my own since I have been 21. Yes I owned property at that age and still do to this day. I didn't need the Military to put a roof over my head.

Offline maineduckhunter

• 12 Pointer
  • 2008 8 pt.
« Reply #11 on: Dec 10, 2012, 12:04:32 PM »
We do it Doggy Style!!  8)

My first 2 over hounds...

• 30 Point Buck
« Reply #12 on: Dec 10, 2012, 12:07:26 PM »

Hey Putz you took that a little far dont you think.  You oughtta be proud of our servicemen not throw stones at em. Not my fight but im chiming in. You need a reality slap my friend.
I have the up most respect for our military. Would you be proud if a Navy Senior Chief was spouting off lies about you?

Offline huntny30

• Non-typical 13 Pointer
« Reply #13 on: Dec 10, 2012, 12:11:30 PM »
Great pictures MDH...you guys get right into it...looks fun!
"Life is tough, but it's tougher when you're stupid."
John Wayne

• 30 Point Buck
« Reply #14 on: Dec 10, 2012, 12:15:03 PM »
The fact of the matter is you are a liar, you have no self control, you need therapy and medication, you have no friends, no girls want to date you and I'm am not going to debate my military sevice because you have no clue about anything I have done or why I have done it...however, back to fact, I regret telling my friends to leave you alone you were going through a rough time and I regret ever considering you a real hunter or someone that I would consider a friend, it is obvious you are not worthy of being called either...you are a train wreck and like pretty much everyone on here I am done with you any of your posts and any other meaningless thing you try to type...good luck...you have to live with sorry little self!  Like I said I wouldn't trade any aspect of my life for anything...have a good one CP jr....
You tell me one thing I have lied about Scott? Fact is you are the most childish person and I just brought it out of you for others to see. You told me I have temper tantrums? Look in the mirror!

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal