Author Topic: 2012 MHF Turkey Contest Rules & Regulations(Please take all required pics)  (Read 8906 times)

Offline drobertsinMaryland

• 30 Point Buck
 The rules and regulations for the contest are as follows. The contest will start April 11 2012 and run through June 10 2012.The contest is restricted to members only and all participants must be registered by April 10 2012 at 9:00 pm.

We will have three different categories for the contest. The first is highest score overall by a hunter. Which means taking the scores from all birds harvested by a hunter that year. Then adding them together to determine the total score. Highest score overall in that category wins. Then we will have the biggest gun and bow kill category.   

Along with the measurement pics you must also have one pic with the hunter,bird and weapon harvested with. Pics of entries must be posted on the official thread by 9:00 pm on June 10 2012 to be counted. All measurements are based on the honor system and I think we all can handle that. In the event of a tie the person who's bird has the longest spurs out of the two birds wins. If the spur length is the same then the heaviest bird wins. You may upgrade your bird if you take a bigger one than the one you have already entered. All entries must be taken legally or it has no place on this site.

Scoring of the birds will be determined by a series of measurements. All pics of the beard(s) and spurs must have a ruler behind them clearly showing the measurements. The weight of the bird is based on the honor system. If possible please provide a pic of the bird on the scale. You will not be disqualified if you do not have a pic the the bird on a scale. Again everyone this is based on the honor system and the contest is for fun. I can understand people's concern for cheating but you nor I can prevent that. The NWTF scoring method makes this the easiest and most efficient way to run this contest. This is the site's first turkey contest so we are working out the kinks for the future. Please post all measurements along with your pics and story so your score can be double checked. Thank you for your patience everyone and let's all have fun 

1. Measurement(s) of Beard(s). One pic if there is only one beard with ruler in the background. Multiple pics if more than one beard with ruler in the background.

2. Measurement of both the right and left spurs. One pic per spur with ruler behind each spur in the pic.

To simplify scoring the birds we are going to use the National Wild Turkey Federation method of scoring. It's easy to use and can even calculate scores for you. Please click on the link below.
http://www.nwtf.org/for_hunters/how_to_score.html
« Last Edit: Mar 08, 2012, 12:04:00 PM by drobertsinMaryland »

Offline upstatehunter

• 30 Point Buck
bump

Offline loonyone

• Non-typical 13 Pointer
whats a bump????

• 30 Point Buck
Bump

Offline bogmanjr

• 30 Point Buck
  • Amigo
Bump-Bump
" Those who forge their guns into plows will plow for those who did not " Thomas Jefferson.

Offline mookie

• Non-typical 13 Pointer
  • Amigo

Bounce Bounce  ::) ::) ::) ::) ::) ::)
I am entitled to possess technology equal to that of those who would threaten my liberties.  - "Wizzard of Bog"
  Hunting is a sport and supposed to be fun, and anything that takes that out of the equation I oppose with all of my being.

Offline Raquettedacker

• Cactus Buck
The rules and regulations for the contest are as follows. The contest will start April 11 2012 and run through June 10 2012.The contest is restricted to members only and all participants must be registered by April 10 2012 at 9:00 pm.

We will have three different categories for the contest. The first is highest score overall by a hunter. Which means taking the scores from all birds harvested by a hunter that year. Then adding them together to determine the total score. Highest score overall in that category wins. Then we will have the biggest gun and bow kill category.   

Along with the measurement pics you must also have one pic with the hunter,bird and weapon harvested with. Pics of entries must be posted on the official thread by 9:00 pm on June 10 2012 to be counted. All measurements are based on the honor system and I think we all can handle that. In the event of a tie the person who's bird has the longest spurs out of the two birds wins. If the spur length is the same then the heaviest bird wins. You may upgrade your bird if you take a bigger one than the one you have already entered. All entries must be taken legally or it has no place on this site.

Scoring of the birds will be determined by a series of measurements. All pics of the beard(s) and spurs must have a ruler behind them clearly showing the measurements. The weight of the bird is based on the honor system. If possible please provide a pic of the bird on the scale. You will not be disqualified if you do not have a pic the the bird on a scale. Again everyone this is based on the honor system and the contest is for fun. I can understand people's concern for cheating but you nor I can prevent that. The NWTF scoring method makes this the easiest and most efficient way to run this contest. This is the site's first turkey contest so we are working out the kinks for the future. Please post all measurements along with your pics and story so your score can be double checked. Thank you for your patience everyone and let's all have fun 

1. Measurement(s) of Beard(s). One pic if there is only one beard with ruler in the background. Multiple pics if more than one beard with ruler in the background.

2. Measurement of both the right and left spurs. One pic per spur with ruler behind each spur in the pic.

To simplify scoring the birds we are going to use the National Wild Turkey Federation method of scoring. It's easy to use and can even calculate scores for you. Please click on the link below.
http://www.nwtf.org/for_hunters/how_to_score.html

Bump......
"Dying is the easy part. Learning how to live is the hard part..."

Offline maineduckhunter

• 12 Pointer
  • 2008 8 pt.
Bonus Points for taking it with a Bow??  ::)

• 30 Point Buck
Bow kills have their own category. ;)

Offline kyhareraiser

• Forked
do birds taken with a youth count towards our score plus our own
Team Carnivorous Habit

• 30 Point Buck
do birds taken with a youth count towards our score plus our own
No, they would have to be entered on their own and signed up on this thread.http://www.myhuntingforum.com/hunting_forum/index.php?topic=7156.0 That may be a category to add in the future.

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal