Author Topic: Opinion on Southern Zone Rifle  (Read 5555 times)

Offline the wizard

• 6 Pointer
Re: Opinion on Southern Zone Rifle
« Reply #15 on: Nov 15, 2005, 08:51:15 AM »
I have heard both sides of the arguement, but the big thing is how many rules has the dec made to give hunters an advantage in the past few years [not many]. Any law or ruling that is to a hunters good is one step farther for the animal rights idiots to take our rights away!!!!!
 To me that's the big picture..
   I live in the rifle area and hunt in the shotgun area the most ,  But I will try the rifle area a little.
 I don't think rifles will be as dangerous as people think, because most hunters will be useing a more acurate weapon and making cleaner kills.  Some  shotgun hunters use old guns they borrowed , that have bird barrels and they shoot a refridgerator box at 50 yrds the day before,and then  say 'I'm Good to Go GUY'S .  then the first shot at a deer is a miss so because the the gun holds 5 , 4 more slugs are launched at random...   { that is the scarey part to me}.

Compare : A rifle bullet  is like a motorcycle doing150 mph          [high speed ,breaks apart easly]
               a shot gun slug is like a semi truck doing 65 mph   [heavy, maintains its mass and bounces around]
I'd much rather have the first one hit my house [ per say].
 The chance shots at a deer on the horizon will be the ones that cause the most problems.

These are just my opinions and I can think'em  better than I can type'em.
  Good luck to everyone anywhere you might hunt!!
« Last Edit: Nov 19, 2005, 04:06:10 AM by the wizard »
      >>>>--------> 2014 Venison Villans

Offline Dr. IceGeek

• Forked
Re: Opinion on Southern Zone Rifle
« Reply #16 on: Nov 15, 2005, 09:17:46 AM »
The main thing is just be safe out there guys...know your target and what lies beyond.  If everyone followed that rule of thumb it certainly would be alot safer out there.........

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal