Author Topic: 2010 MHF Spring Turkey Contest Comments & Congratulations Thread  (Read 16858 times)

Offline drobertsinMaryland

• 30 Point Buck
Smack talk is allowed as long as it's clean and in good fun. ;D Your going down this year Issiah. ;)

Offline BigRedDodge1500

• 6 Pointer
Re: 2010 MHF Spring Turkey Contest Comments & Congratulations Thread
« Reply #1 on: Jan 22, 2010, 05:08:59 PM »
Hey Buddy you can only go up from that spud you got last year.  LOL....Liked the mount good luck.  I'll call you about the show next weekend.

• 30 Point Buck
« Reply #2 on: Jan 22, 2010, 05:21:57 PM »
Hey Buddy you can only go up from that spud you got last year.  LOL....Liked the mount good luck.  I'll call you about the show next weekend.

That's why I call him a young warrior. Sounds good bud I'll get the camera ready for Waddell and T-Bone.

Offline Stuck-on-Seven

• 10 Pointer
« Reply #3 on: Jan 22, 2010, 10:24:04 PM »
You guys talkin about that show in harrisburg PA? I was thinkin about goin but not sure yet its bout 4 1/2 hours from my house have to leave pretty early to get there.

Offline WhiteTail Madness

• 6 Pointer
  • Watch your step.......
« Reply #4 on: Jan 23, 2010, 12:59:12 AM »
All I can say is........ Watch out this year boys!! I wont screw up my picture this time!!! ;D
White tail madness... ALL .....YEAR....LONG!!<br /><br />aka Mr. Vexilar (IS) Steelie Slayer (MFF)

Offline Raquettedacker

• Cactus Buck
« Reply #5 on: Jan 25, 2010, 04:25:16 PM »
We have toms running around here that have never been hunted and they are old birds..I will give my son  a chance at the first big one so you guys better watch out... ;D ;D
"Dying is the easy part. Learning how to live is the hard part..."

Offline upstatehunter

• 30 Point Buck
« Reply #6 on: Jan 27, 2010, 09:51:36 AM »
So last year it was all about getting other people their birds. I shot the jakes. This year its all about the contest!! watch out Issiah, I'm getting the state record thunder chicken!!

Offline Raquettedacker

• Cactus Buck
« Reply #7 on: Jan 27, 2010, 10:37:50 AM »
This will be my first year and I see its a combination of lengths and weight.. Whats the best way to weigh your bird? And do you need a picture of the scale???

• 30 Point Buck
« Reply #8 on: Jan 28, 2010, 10:35:40 AM »
This will be my first year and I see its a combination of lengths and weight.. Whats the best way to weigh your bird? And do you need a picture of the scale???
I used a digital fishing scale to weigh mine last year. No picture is required of the bird on the scale(honor system) but if you can take a pic. I will say you must have a pic of you, the bird and weapon in one pic. A pic of the beard up against a ruler, more than one pic if there are multiple beards. One pic of each spur up against the ruler as well. All pics must be posted under the contest entires threadto be counted. 

• 6 Pointer
  • Watch your step.......
« Reply #9 on: Jan 28, 2010, 10:53:11 AM »
Another easy way to weigh your bird is to use a scale you would use to determine your own weight... Weigh yourself first, then then weigh yourself holding the turkey.  Add up the difference and you have your bird's weight.
White tail madness... ALL .....YEAR....LONG!!<br /><br />aka Mr. Vexilar (IS) Steelie Slayer (MFF)

Offline Raquettedacker

• Cactus Buck
« Reply #10 on: Jan 28, 2010, 10:59:29 AM »
Another easy way to weigh your bird is to use a scale you would use to determine your own weight... Weigh yourself first, then then weigh yourself holding the turkey.  Add up the difference and you have your bird's weight.

Thats what I will have to do beacuse my fish scale only goes up to 20 pounds and I know my turkey will be well over 20 pounds... ;D ;D ;D ::) ::) ::) ::)

• 6 Pointer
  • Watch your step.......
« Reply #11 on: Jan 29, 2010, 01:20:04 AM »
Dacker... that is all we can ask for is optimism!!! We'll see... One of these years im bound not to get a turkey bc/c of spending my time on others... I should be able to tag out again this year!!

Guys dont be afrard to go TOOOOO the birds... YOu can talways wait for them to cme to you!! Get dirty, get nasty!!! LET THEM SOB'S HAVE IT!!!!!!!!!!!!

Offline Raquettedacker

• Cactus Buck
« Reply #12 on: Jan 29, 2010, 05:31:42 AM »
Yea, with my luck the neighbor will cross the property line and shoot the big one.... ;D ;D ;D ;D

But I really want to see my son get one, its his first year....

Offline Woods Wise

• 6 Pointer
« Reply #13 on: Jan 29, 2010, 05:13:27 PM »
You guys don't have anyhting on the turkey we have up here in midcoast Maine. Looking forward to see all the turkeys on here this spring.
« Last Edit: Jan 29, 2010, 07:00:46 PM by Woods Wise »

Offline Stuck-on-Seven

• 10 Pointer
« Reply #14 on: Jan 29, 2010, 09:00:16 PM »
Cousin saw 8 big toms together the other day on his farm. We only took 3 toms off there last yr and we still saw tons of jakes and big toms after tge season. Like WTM said i wont screw my pic up again either. Cant wait.

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal