Author Topic: 2010 MHF Spring Turkey Contest  (Read 13380 times)

Offline OUTDOORSMEN

• Forked
Re: 2010 MHF Spring Turkey Contest
« Reply #15 on: Feb 25, 2010, 10:02:32 PM »
I can't wait. My season starts April 28. It's a couple months away but it will go fast I hope.

Offline drobertsinMaryland

• 30 Point Buck
« Reply #16 on: Mar 01, 2010, 03:38:41 PM »
I see we have some new members that signed up today. Newbies please let myself or Whitetail Madness if you would like to participate.

Offline Woods Wise

• 6 Pointer
« Reply #17 on: Mar 02, 2010, 11:04:36 AM »
But its so easy to get a turkey here,even a cave man can do it!!!!! 8)
lets see some pics then if your so good

Offline Corporal Punishment

• 8 Pointer
« Reply #18 on: Mar 02, 2010, 04:54:10 PM »
lets see some pics then if your so good

Never said I was good,just said so many here its easy to shoot one!!!! ;)

Your prolly from the North and there must be a lack of turkeys like the deer population correct.... ???

I shoot jakes/long beards and even shot a bearded hen cause I thought it was a jake!!!!Shoot-em all as long as they gotta beard...... ;D

• 8 Pointer
« Reply #19 on: Mar 02, 2010, 05:27:38 PM »
Here is the one I got last spring,and it actually was the longest spurred bird I ever got.Had a couple with a little longer beards before,but never know the weight because I never weigh-em. :-\

The mistake bearded hen!!!Hated walking up and seeing it knowing its nest eggs were gonna die,but was an honest mistake.

Heres the spurs of the tom above.....

I like fishing more than hunting,and if ya asked me if I was so good to post pics to prove it,then the game would be on LMAO!!!!! ;D

No one can out fish me on the susky........ 8)

Offline Woods Wise

• 6 Pointer
« Reply #20 on: Mar 02, 2010, 06:29:48 PM »
nice birds corporal, just giving you a hard time. I actually have some top notch turkey and deer hunting in my area in midcoast maine. We don't have a shortage of turkeys, but up until this spring we were only allowed 1 bearded bird. It was a lottery drawing for a permit until a few years ago, not anymore though.

• 8 Pointer
« Reply #21 on: Mar 03, 2010, 12:43:16 PM »
I really dont put in much time for them!!!I like to say whats the excitement of killing one when ya can go buy a 20 pounder dressed/cleaned for only around 20$ at the store,and actually tastes alot better..... :-\

• 8 Pointer
« Reply #22 on: Mar 03, 2010, 12:46:56 PM »
But gotta admit it gives ya some good activity after a long winter!!!! ;D

Offline Stuck-on-Seven

• 10 Pointer
« Reply #23 on: Mar 03, 2010, 12:57:28 PM »
I really dont put in much time for them!!!I like to say whats the excitement of killing one when ya can go buy a 20 pounder dressed/cleaned for only around 20$ at the store,and actually tastes alot better..... :-\
You dont get excitement from huntin them? I get just as much excitement if not more than when i deer hunt. I love the sound of them gobbling and seeing them strut into your decoy

• 8 Pointer
« Reply #24 on: Mar 03, 2010, 01:16:30 PM »
I get excited as hell hearing the first gobble in the morning!!!!!!Its just no where near like seeing your first deer on the opener,or the enthusiasm of maybe seeing a monster buck....... 8)

• 8 Pointer
« Reply #25 on: Mar 03, 2010, 01:21:36 PM »
There is so many turkeys here its pathetic with them,3 gobblers across the road minutes ago eating manure a farmer just put out!!!!I drive of the hill and gobblers/flocks of hens are standing in/next to the roads most the spring/summer/winter.....Wish the deer population was as prolific!!!!! :'(

Offline Woods Wise

• 6 Pointer
« Reply #26 on: Mar 03, 2010, 05:07:04 PM »
You dont get excitement from huntin them? I get just as much excitement if not more than when i deer hunt. I love the sound of them gobbling and seeing them strut into your decoy
Man turkey hunting is a ton of fun and is exciting, but I got to agree with corporal, it's nowhere near as exciting as deer hunting.

Offline bogmanjr

• 30 Point Buck
  • Amigo
« Reply #27 on: Mar 03, 2010, 05:24:59 PM »
I don't care what it is that i am hunting as long as I can be hunting ;D. The best thing about spring Turkey hunting is it is at a time of the year that no other season is open. You may find a dumb one on opening day but after they hear a few calls and get a little pressure you better be on your game. That gobbler coming in make's the hair on my neck stand up, the whole interaction thing makes it just as good as deer for me. Takes a few more to fill the freezer though. ;D
" Those who forge their guns into plows will plow for those who did not " Thomas Jefferson.

Offline Stuck-on-Seven

• 10 Pointer
« Reply #28 on: Mar 03, 2010, 09:33:03 PM »
Yup i think its every bit as exciting as deer. I love em both. But i see way more turkeys than deer and i can guarantee almost every time i go out i can at least see or hear a turkey, not the same for deer. But like i said i like both equally. Hunting is my life i dont care what animal im hunting as long as im out haha

• 8 Pointer
« Reply #29 on: Mar 13, 2010, 01:53:27 PM »
WOW what a flock of turkeys I seen today crossing the road in front of the car,at least 50 but prolly more!!!! :o

Well since its getting close to the season,whats required to enter a turkey..... ???

A pic of tag with turkey,or a written paper/sign with date at least!!!!! :-\

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal