Author Topic: getting ready for deer archery  (Read 4954 times)

Offline fly-in

• 6 Pointer
getting ready for deer archery
« on: Jun 02, 2005, 04:48:20 PM »
I am starting to get the bug for deer hunting, I ran into the guy who owns the land I hunted on last fall, and got my permission, I ran into the other hunter own has on going permission to hunt there and he told me to feel free to use his stands if he isn't there. Now I just need to work on the gear end of it, arrows and broadheads, put up my stand, tighten my arrow groups, This will be my year to bag a deer with my bow (hope it is a large buck).

Offline TJ Bauer

• Forked
  • LIVE LIFE, HUNT, BE SAFE, AND HAVE FUN
Re: getting ready for deer archery
« Reply #1 on: Jun 02, 2005, 05:20:24 PM »
Sounds like you got it all planned out good luck to you.

Offline tk10fire

• 6 Pointer
  • I love stick and string
« Reply #2 on: Jun 07, 2005, 05:29:59 PM »
You go fly-in, I'm sure it'll be a "Poper" ;) ;) . Want to hear all about it.

My sights are set a little high this year. Hoping for a P&Y Caribou, Elk, and Deer. I think I'm a little over confident after my Bear eh. ::) ::)
OH TO BE A FIELD

Offline Deer-Downer

• 6 Pointer
  • Total deer taken in my life....7.... still count'n
« Reply #3 on: Jun 07, 2005, 08:02:11 PM »
Same here this is my first year and I am practicing with my bow i am actually shooting all of my arrows with in an inch so I guess thats pretty good. ;D ;D

DUCKDOWNER
I May Be Small But I Hunt Big!!

!!Hunting!! I'm in it for the !!BUCKS!!

Deer-Downer

Offline TJ Bauer

• Forked
« Reply #4 on: Jun 07, 2005, 10:06:15 PM »
Yea this year will also be my first year bow hunting I have the urge to go but you cant get to excited theres alot of time left before it comes. I'll just have to fish the time away

Offline Deer-Downer

• 6 Pointer
« Reply #5 on: Jun 08, 2005, 08:46:28 AM »
Ya same here fish until it gets here. ;D ;D

DUCKDOWNER

Deer-Downer

Offline fly-in

• 6 Pointer
« Reply #6 on: Jun 08, 2005, 06:43:20 PM »
I still would like to get my stand up soon, just so it isn't new and I know where I will be and not search just before hunting. I'm also getting pumped for moose, I just got my gun back now I will be able to hit the same spot acouple times in a row (my scope slid forward on every shot).

TK your sights are high, I would love to hunt elk with bow, My wifes unckle is hoping to get drawn again, it he doesn't then him and his buddy will come moose hunting, they both use to be guides at Webbers, so they could tell you what to look for in a "bou".

Offline tk10fire

• 6 Pointer
  • I love stick and string
« Reply #7 on: Jun 09, 2005, 01:31:20 AM »
Hey I know the owner of Webbers. I'm probably going up to work in trade for a few days to get my P&Y bou.

You really figure my sights are a little high there fly-in? My wife is hoping I don't shoot any more taxidermy bills. I got a bear and a Pronghorn to mount yet, so it could get intresting.
OH TO BE A FIELD

Offline devil-man

• 6 Pointer
« Reply #8 on: Jun 09, 2005, 11:13:55 AM »
I have never taken my bow into the woods because I suck.
This year a friend has offered to be a mentor, so maybe come Fall I'll be ready...
It's easier to escape from a chain gang than a food chain...

Offline TJ Bauer

• Forked
« Reply #9 on: Jun 09, 2005, 04:59:50 PM »
All it talks is a little practice and when out in the field the first time you screw up I bet you wont do it again.

Offline fly-in

• 6 Pointer
« Reply #10 on: Jun 09, 2005, 06:19:25 PM »
TK, I don't know the guy myself but he is my father inlaws cousin. You at least get to go hunting for everything, my wife told me I can't shoot a bear until we have a house to hang it, I wonder why she lets me go moose hunting? that would be a really big one.

Offline Deer-Downer

• 6 Pointer
« Reply #11 on: Aug 08, 2005, 06:14:32 PM »
Well I am going to suit up my bow really soon so that I can start to practice with all of the stuff I will have on it when on I go hunt'n. ;D ;D

Deer-Downer

Offline fly-in

• 6 Pointer
« Reply #12 on: Aug 09, 2005, 04:14:08 PM »
I finally got my stand up last night, there is more bush where I want to hunt then I thought., and it is so thick when I walked in I thought I was heading toward the fence and I made a half circle and came back out in the field. I did find the fence and hung my stand, I just hope I can find it again when I hunt. I should have gone out earlier and did some trail clearing, maybe for next year.

I don't know what I did out there putting up that stand, I am so sore today. My legs ache and my back, I guess climbing trees is somthing I have to put in my past, after I got my stand up I had to clear one tree and anothers branches to get a clear shooting lane, its small but it is all I will need I hope, if it isn't I may be glad, I don't know how I will get a deer out of there.

Offline Deer-Downer

• 6 Pointer
« Reply #13 on: Aug 09, 2005, 08:01:01 PM »
COOL!!now you are even closer to being ready for this years Archery season can't wait...DUCKDOWNER... ;D ;D

Deer-Downer

Offline camo

• Nubbie
« Reply #14 on: Aug 09, 2005, 09:24:49 PM »
Hey guys.  I am new to this forum and have read a few of the entries.  I do have a question for someone who knows more about archery.  I was told that when shooting at deer during archery, you are to aim a tad bit low because the deer can hear the release and ducks down a bit to jump up.  Is this true??

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal