Author Topic: WHAT KIND OF MUZZLE LOADER DO YOU OWN ?  (Read 44844 times)

Offline XII Outdoors

• 6 Pointer
Re: WHAT KIND OF MUZZLE LOADER DO YOU OWN ?
« Reply #30 on: Oct 16, 2007, 08:49:41 PM »
T/C Omega 50cal with 100grn pyrodex pellets
Its my favorite gun.  I did shoot the Pro Hunter and that is a very smooth shooting gun as well
too expensive for me though

Offline TR19

• 8 Pointer
« Reply #31 on: Oct 19, 2007, 09:14:07 AM »
T/C Omega Stainless with a camo thumbhole stock topped with a Leopold 3-9 stainless, just replaced my T/C Hawken. I'm shooting 150 gr. of pellets with T/C Omega Shockwaves. My boy took a doe with it and the results were AMAZING
Wife bought it for my birthday. Isn't she great ?? 

Offline MZukovsky

• Spiked
« Reply #32 on: Oct 19, 2007, 09:49:49 AM »
Stainless and composite T/C encore

Offline pieman1998

• 6 Pointer
« Reply #33 on: Oct 19, 2007, 08:40:59 PM »
i have the pro hunter muzzle loader / 7-08 cal. i love it i took 7 pointer with 7-08 and my son 450lbs. boar
love the outdoors

Offline MrMarty51

• Forked
  • Huntin`s the name,gettin`s the game.
« Reply #34 on: Feb 28, 2008, 04:53:19 AM »
Hatfield 50.Also a Austin and Halleck percussion in the 50 and a Austin and Halleck in a Flintlock all are traditional.

Here`s the Hatfield.not a real good pic. maby I will change it later.

upstatehunter

« Reply #35 on: Jun 07, 2008, 06:51:22 AM »

I have two inlines and a kit hawken, all 50 cal. one traditions, one cva, the inlines are easier to work with, but I am partial to the kit, I put it together and finished it, had to file on the sights to get adjusted, worked with a friend who does gunsmith work and he showed me how to adjust the trigger, took two men and a boy to pull out of the box.
Plus the only buck I have taken was with the Hawken.
But I don't hunt much with them as bow season is still going when muzzle loading opens. Last fall on opening day of muzzle loading I took a 4 point with the bow that the muzzle guys pushed to me. he he,.
Guess as long as your competent with it and it performs to your liking then it is a good gun for you.
MrMarty, that is a beauty of a gun.
Scott

Offline MnSportsman

• Spiked
  • Called uphill with hens...It can be done
« Reply #36 on: Jun 11, 2008, 08:59:11 AM »
TC Omega(blued) 50cal. I use 100gr of Pyrodex(2 pellets)for a charge & a 250 gr. TC Shockwave round(yellowtip)

This load setup has given me a consistent group with this weapon & I see no need to put an extra pellet in, for more "oomph". I don't have good reason to add the extra charge at this time
At the ranges I usually shoot deer, This setup has done it's job fine for me, since I got it.
One shot,One kill.
;)
    Personally I would prefer a traditional one. But I wanted to get an inline also. It just happened that I got a good deal on the TC first. Haven't found a good deal for a traditional cap & ball rifle yet. One will come along eventually. Until then, I 'm happy.
:D

Next?

Another Spring Tom  <>   Me & some of the Good Ol' Boys  <>  Belle with her first birds @ 9 months{R.I.P.}

Offline MrMarty51

• Forked
  • Huntin`s the name,gettin`s the game.
« Reply #37 on: Jun 11, 2008, 01:24:51 PM »
TC Omega(blued) 50cal. I use 100gr of Pyrodex(2 pellets)for a charge & a 250 gr. TC Shockwave round(yellowtip)

This load setup has given me a consistent group with this weapon & I see no need to put an extra pellet in, for more "oomph". I don't have good reason to add the extra charge at this time
At the ranges I usually shoot deer, This setup has done it's job fine for me, since I got it.
One shot,One kill.
;)
    Personally I would prefer a traditional one. But I wanted to get an inline also. It just happened that I got a good deal on the TC first. Haven't found a good deal for a traditional cap & ball rifle yet. One will come along eventually. Until then, I 'm happy.
:D
Try this site.
http://www.auctionarms.com/
or this one
http://www.gunbroker.com/
I had purchased My Hatfield from Auction arms and was real happy with the price and services. ;D

Offline MnSportsman

• Spiked
  • Called uphill with hens...It can be done
« Reply #38 on: Jun 12, 2008, 11:57:54 AM »
Thanks for the links MrMarty51! :D

I'll go & check them out. $$$ are kinda tight right now, but hopefully later this year. I can still look though!
;)

Another Spring Tom  <>   Me & some of the Good Ol' Boys  <>  Belle with her first birds @ 9 months{R.I.P.}

Offline AD

• Forked
« Reply #39 on: Oct 12, 2008, 05:32:26 AM »
Well, as of this year I'll be shooting two different ones.     
      For in close and thick stuff (under 50 yeards, and closer) ill stick to my TC Hawken .50 cal.     
       But for those longer and more open places I hunt I invested in a Cabela's rolling block .50 cal, .209 primer, with scope.    Beatuiful gun, and I've read some good reports on it, heading to the range later in the week when I get some time off to get it sighted in and get comfortable with it.     
      Would have loved to had vtuck with the old Hawken but after seing a monster late last season too far out for a shot I made the decision change to something a little more modern.     
....  You can't eat the antlers ....

Offline Chucker

• 12 Pointer
« Reply #40 on: Oct 12, 2008, 05:48:52 AM »
AD, I heard a rumor you got a new toy.   8)

I'll still be carrying my CVA Optima .50 in black synthetic  / stainless for smokepole season.  Hope you get home for some of it.
I'm bound to stay where you sleep all day, Where they hung the jerk that invented work, in the Big Rock Candy Mountains.

Offline AD

• Forked
« Reply #41 on: Oct 12, 2008, 06:44:52 AM »
AD, I heard a rumor you got a new toy.   8)

I'll still be carrying my CVA Optima .50 in black synthetic  / stainless for smokepole season.  Hope you get home for some of it.
Not sure when the season will be up north, Ill be home the week of thanksgiving.  Forgot to apply for my doe tags in NY,  :-\  .        Can't really manage any longer off for the trip (well I dont think so at leaste), with it being stocking season and such.      I'll be sure to bring it north with me to show off though.       
....  You can't eat the antlers ....

Offline Bailbuster

• 6 Pointer
« Reply #42 on: Oct 16, 2008, 07:34:51 PM »
I just bought a 45cal.thompson center seneca new in the box,the guy also had a 36 cal. but he would not part with it.BB

halfrack33

« Reply #43 on: Oct 16, 2008, 09:08:07 PM »
bushnell scoped .50 cal T/C black daimond. shooting 100grains of pyrodex and 245 grain powerbelts.

Offline duckey

• 6 Pointer
« Reply #44 on: Oct 26, 2008, 04:46:58 PM »
.50 cal Thompson Center Grey Hawk with Bushnell 3.5 x 9 scope.  Great gun and fun to shoot.
A. White

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal