Author Topic: ready for sat ????  (Read 2593 times)

Offline mpriceless7

• Spiked
ready for sat ????
« on: Nov 11, 2008, 06:58:32 PM »
Although I love bow hunting I also like being able to shoot bucks that are 75yds away!! Is everyone ready for saturday ? It will be interesting to see if there are more hunters or less with the baiting ban. The bucks are chasing does like crazy here,  probably every where else too.Whats everyones forcast for the opener ?a lot of bucks or no ? can't wait to go to camp...go wings!!!

Offline Bgreen02

• Forked
Re: ready for sat ????
« Reply #1 on: Nov 11, 2008, 07:53:36 PM »
I am excited as well. Supposed to be rain and snow showers where I will be so deer will be moving in the woods. Getting final stuff together and got to finish weekend homework so I am ready to go.

Offline BigBucksBigBucksNoWammies

• Spiked
« Reply #2 on: Nov 11, 2008, 11:13:17 PM »
I've been ready for two weeks now.....i was supposed to be off from this Wed to next Wed, but with work it doesnt look like thats gonna happen. Hopefully i can get a long weekend in.

Good luck to everybody this opening weekend and stay safe.

Offline Hollywood703

• Nubbie
« Reply #3 on: Nov 12, 2008, 11:51:55 AM »
I am getting ready, has been ~15 years since i gun hunted, I have not taken a deer yet, so hopefully this is the year, I live within 10 miles of shotgun land border, and will be exploring new land to me in rifle zone...I have Combo license and Doe permits so if something moves in range, its getting whacked. I have seen quite a few during bow season, passed on a few large does, but time is wearing down so, the passing time is over. I need to acquire a shotgun to go locally where i bow hun, but i just dont like shooting a shotgun.

Offline mpriceless7

• Spiked
« Reply #4 on: Nov 13, 2008, 09:50:30 AM »
WOW 15 years ?????

Offline icefisher69

• Spiked
« Reply #5 on: Nov 13, 2008, 02:28:28 PM »
EVERYBODY BE SAFE AND GOOD LUCK THIS OPENING WEEKEND! I got permisson from the farmer on the corner to hunt his land,he still has 80 acres of corn standing and it is full of deer! Gonna get some guys together and push all the deer out sunday afternoon and fill as many tags as possible in the process. My favorite part of gun season is getting together with friends and doing some pushing!!! Got my nephew setup,over looking the big swamp that monster 10 is running,we spent 3 hours at the range yesterday and his muzzleloader is dialed in! I really hope he gets that monster!!! GOOD LUCK EVERYBODY,WEAR THAT ORANGE AND BE SAFE!!!

Offline mpriceless7

• Spiked
« Reply #6 on: Nov 13, 2008, 05:34:55 PM »
that sounds like a good time.Hopefully come monday everyone has had a good time and has some great stories !!!!!

Offline mbrooks

• Nubbie
« Reply #7 on: Nov 14, 2008, 04:41:34 AM »
Taking my dad out for the opener. He's in his mid 60's and hasn't hunted in a long time.
I'm hoping my scouting has paid off and he at least has the opportunity to see some deer.
There appears to be quite a few guys in the area.......State land, lots of pressure??????
Be safe and good luck.

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal