Author Topic: THE MONSTER 10 POINT!!!  (Read 2911 times)

Offline icefisher69

• Spiked
THE MONSTER 10 POINT!!!
« on: Nov 07, 2008, 06:31:17 PM »
Was out trying to fill doe tags,yesterday morning and about 10:30am i heard something coming through the swamp my way.Then i see a MONSTER 10 POINT coming down the trail 5 yards from my stand,he made a scrap 15 yards from my stand!He hung around for 5 minutes or so,he must have known that i filled both buck tags last week and couldn't shot him.It's funny how stuff like that happens! Im gonna have my nephew hunt my place and see if he can get that monster! It has been a great hunting season,two doe tags to fill and im done! Anybody have something like that happen?

Offline stka

• 30 Point Buck
Re: THE MONSTER 10 POINT!!!
« Reply #1 on: Nov 07, 2008, 07:05:30 PM »
That's why I don't hunt without a buck tag. If you do hunt without one, bring a camera.

Offline icefisher69

• Spiked
« Reply #2 on: Nov 07, 2008, 07:45:56 PM »
Why?They don't let you shot does out there in new york? Or are you one of those guys that are too good to shot a doe?

upstatehunter

« Reply #3 on: Nov 08, 2008, 05:04:25 AM »
Icefisher, they do let us, just some seasons tag's aren't legal to use in other seasons, regular season buck tag can't be used in early bow, or muzzle loader. Just like doe tags can't be used in regular. (except DMP)
He does "shoot" doe's, just knows that the same thing is likely to happen to him that happened to you, in which case he would have a camera with him.
Why so confrontational???
Spell check is right on the bottom of the screen.....

Offline stka

• 30 Point Buck
« Reply #4 on: Nov 08, 2008, 08:36:06 AM »
Exactly right Upstatehunter. I'll let little bucks walk by until I fill my 4J doe tag and get my bonus either sex tag. Having only got three bucks under my belt, that's not always easy. I just assume shoot a doe rather than a 1.5yr buck when possible. I actually target does in the early season before the bucks get active. I guess my point is that I haven't got a decent buck yet and I wouldn't want to see one and not be able to take it.

upstatehunter

« Reply #5 on: Nov 08, 2008, 04:41:40 PM »
4j, I think my son got two for 3 or 4 not sure. He is going down with friends that live down there. Should be fun. He just wants to shoot a deer with his muzzle loader, doesn't matter what it is.
I am sorry for blasting icefisher, just didn't think the comment was necessary.

Offline icefisher69

• Spiked
« Reply #6 on: Nov 11, 2008, 04:02:55 PM »
STKA, sorry for the attitude! I was upset with someone else and i let my tude carry over! I'm glad doe permits aren't that complicated here in Michigan! Again i apologize for the attitude!

Offline stka

• 30 Point Buck
« Reply #7 on: Nov 11, 2008, 04:09:53 PM »
Not a problem, we've all been there. Yeh some of our tagging is a bit complicated, but I get up to 5 tags a year plus two farm tags so I'm not complaining. Glad to hear you saw the big one, just hope he comes back when you're packing a tag. Good luck.

Offline icefisher69

• Spiked
« Reply #8 on: Nov 11, 2008, 04:34:05 PM »
I'm trying to help my nephew get him! We have seen him 2 more times,just out of range! Anyway good luck to all sportsman and sportswoman out there!

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal