Author Topic: deer gone ??  (Read 3087 times)

Offline mpriceless7

• Spiked
deer gone ??
« on: Oct 31, 2008, 07:17:52 AM »
I need some advice. In 3 weeks I've seen 7 deer, we have 2 guys hunting around 300 acres with food plots and waterholes and so on.We got cameras all over and even they aren't getting any pics of deer! People talk about the october lul but this is crazy. The 2 nieghbors that have 200 acres on both side dont bow hunt, there are no rubs or scrapes any where. W e saw a lot of deer the first week, had some great pics, we have never been big baiters, I thought with no bait we would see more deer, should I just stay home and save gas ???  ??? Is anyone else going thur this ?????

Offline Bgreen02

• Forked
Re: deer gone ??
« Reply #1 on: Oct 31, 2008, 08:45:14 AM »
Its possible they moved onto a nearby property or found a better food source and are sticking there. They will be back. no telling how long though. I wouldn't imagine them going awya for the rest of the season.

Offline mpriceless7

• Spiked
« Reply #2 on: Oct 31, 2008, 11:53:48 AM »
I keep telling my self that on the drive there and its the same story. I've got stands on state land 3/4 of a mile away just to see if any deer are moving over there and there not. I dont hunt close to any farms where there would be standing crops, just trees with no acorns. I have from the 7 -24 off from work so when and if the rut kicks in maybe I'll get lucky.

Offline icefisher69

• Spiked
« Reply #3 on: Oct 31, 2008, 02:33:12 PM »
MPRICELESS,what are of michigan are you hunting?We have been hunting the state land around maple rapids alot and have seen deer everytime,except twice and i think that was because it was raining one time and windy as hell the second.My eaton rapids spot was kinda slow at the beginning of season,but has really heated up this week! I filled both buck tags there wednesday,after 14 years i got my first and second bucks with a bow the same morning!Anyway don't give,i never did and i woulda kept on bow hunting weather i killed a buck or not! For me it's more about being outside enjoying nature!The more you are in the stand the more chance's you'll have to shoot a deer!So shut off the computer and get in the woods!Good luck!

Offline mpriceless7

• Spiked
« Reply #4 on: Oct 31, 2008, 05:30:36 PM »
I like being in the woods too I also like seeing deer. Anyways went to a spot a few mile from my house( mason county) and shot a 7. Boy how the season can change in a matter of hours.Of course i saw the deer go down but backed out and currently waiting for my dad and land  owner finish up trick or teating to go and get him. Hopefully he will be laying there. I am color blind so i have to wait for help when i shot one!

Offline BigBucksBigBucksNoWammies

• Spiked
« Reply #5 on: Nov 01, 2008, 06:12:42 PM »
I am color blind so i have to wait for help when i shot one!

Thats kinda funny. Good luck to ya, i'm sure he's layin right where he should be

Offline icefisher69

• Spiked
« Reply #6 on: Nov 01, 2008, 06:41:25 PM »
way to go MPRICELESS,did you find him?

Offline mpriceless7

• Spiked
« Reply #7 on: Nov 01, 2008, 09:16:50 PM »
no I did not looked for 3 hours friday night and 2 hours saturday morning, nothing. Now I have that sick feeling about hunting, replaying what happened in my head in million times.I FEEL SICK!!!

upstatehunter

« Reply #8 on: Nov 02, 2008, 04:15:57 AM »
call in one of the dog trackers, they can help you find it.

Offline icefisher69

• Spiked
« Reply #9 on: Nov 02, 2008, 02:32:31 PM »
Everybody has a run of bad luck,mine was 14 years long! Stinks you didn't find it,but you gotta get back on that horse! Get back out there and slay a great big buck!!! Good luck brother!

Offline Bgreen02

• Forked
« Reply #10 on: Nov 02, 2008, 03:10:12 PM »
Things will turn around or you. I'm yet to even have a shot at a buck. My first deer was a doe I tracked for hours only to find it had collapsed in a giant puddle. Better times will come.

Offline mpriceless7

• Spiked
« Reply #11 on: Nov 02, 2008, 06:36:06 PM »
thanks for the encouragement guys, My brother shot a doe saturday morning and we got that,it endend up floating in a river!!!!! Sunday night i got back in the stand and saw 13 deer, I let a little 4 pointer go by at 35 yds. Didn't feel that was in my range. Just nice to see bucks. My buddie shot at a 8 and his arrow hit a twig also but he missed the deer completley, I wish I had his bad luck instead of mine.But oh well move on...there will be better times or should i say tines

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal