Author Topic: Well?????????  (Read 8281 times)

Offline BigBucksBigBucksNoWammies

• Spiked
Well?????????
« on: Oct 01, 2008, 09:42:25 PM »
Did anybody make it out today? and if so how'd you do? I'll be chained to the work desk until Friday, then I'm headin up to the cottage in Harrison.

Good Luck to everybody this weekend

Offline icefisher69

• Spiked
Re: Well?????????
« Reply #1 on: Oct 02, 2008, 02:42:17 PM »
Turkeys and tree rats!Thats all ive seen so far! Got stuff to do today,going out tomarrow morning.Its gonna be cold tonight,should be a good morning.Good luck,fill those tags.Keep us posted!

• Spiked
« Reply #2 on: Oct 06, 2008, 05:22:34 PM »
How did everybody do this opening weekend?   I went up to Harrison with 3 other guys. Should have went 2 for 4 but nobody pulled the trigger. I seen a couple does Saturday morning and evening, but could never get a shot. Sunday same story, two fat does and one 6-8" spike but couldn't get them in range. Didn't see a whole lot of deer heading home.

So How Did You Do?

Offline CJ_FISH

• Nubbie
« Reply #3 on: Oct 06, 2008, 07:04:12 PM »
well i have not been able to get out but one friend got a big 8 and two others got does.  it sounds like a slow opening season.

Offline Bgreen02

• Forked
« Reply #4 on: Oct 07, 2008, 08:40:16 AM »
If I get a day off during the week and have been caught up with my school work I am going to head out to the woods with my bro for some state land archery. This school and work stuff takes up too much time.

• Spiked
« Reply #5 on: Oct 07, 2008, 06:32:47 PM »
Yeah, I hear ya Bgreen02, I took this semester off because I missed to much huntin last year   ;D

halfrack33

« Reply #6 on: Oct 07, 2008, 09:02:45 PM »
I'm a NYer but hear you guys too. I scheduled my classes so tues/thurs end at 11 am and mon/wed/fri end at 3. enough for hunting every day of the week. except ive been too sick and busy with course work to hunt the end of out bow season. what's your guys' majors? mine is bus.management/accounting.

Offline Bgreen02

• Forked
« Reply #7 on: Oct 07, 2008, 10:32:16 PM »
Yeah, I hear ya Bgreen02, I took this semester off because I missed to much huntin last year   ;D

I wish I could just quit the job the to do it. School doesn't frustrate me as much. If I lived off a big field or within 5 minutes of state land I'd be able to get more hunting in.

Offline Hollywood703

• Nubbie
« Reply #8 on: Oct 08, 2008, 04:07:45 AM »
i skewered 3 tree rats, saw a huge doe leading 2 small button Bucks walked up and licked my ladder stand....on the way in Sunday morning saw 4 bucks 4-8 points a piece still in the truck and when we left in the truck they added a buddy probably 10 points....no shots

upstatehunter

« Reply #9 on: Oct 08, 2008, 05:23:23 AM »
 :'(
So far missed a buck last Tuesday and last night hit a small buck at 6pm. Must have clipped a limb or something, arrow hit way back almost to the hams. Left it for almost three hours and Ty went with me to try to find it. Darn thing went in a big circle and ended up crossing a state rd and out on an island in the Hudson. Followed it and found where it had bedded, lots of blood. We debated leaving it and going this morning but as we stood talking we heard it splash into the river headed to the other side.
Yet another buck that I lost with a bow.(3) Not feeling to good about bow hunting right now.
Scott

Offline UPSTATE

• Nubbie
« Reply #10 on: Oct 08, 2008, 08:34:50 AM »
Keep at it man everything happens for a reason... what ever that reason is....now thats the question... I know how it burns ya but isnt this what its all about the thrill of the chase ;D  :-\ hit it hard for the next couple of nights and if it dont  happen then sat wack em with the smoke stick  ;)

upstate

Offline Bgreen02

• Forked
« Reply #11 on: Oct 08, 2008, 01:49:04 PM »
That's what worries me about starting bow hunting is getting bad shots on them and not taking the deer down. I am still hoping to go this year but we will see.

Offline icefisher69

• Spiked
« Reply #12 on: Oct 08, 2008, 04:14:18 PM »
No luck here! Seen lots of does and a little 4 point.Then last friday the crazy lady we leased from forgot to take her med's or something and kicked us off her property.We had already paid for this year and next years hunting rights,we had a verbal contract with her last year to cut her 80 cords of firewood!And we would have hunting rights thru this year.We found out that she had somebody who wanted to lease it! So she deliberatly f#&ked us. It's a bunch of B.S. you can't take anybodys word anymore. I remember my grandfather telling me to always honor my word and live up to what i tell people! What ever happen to that way of thinking!

• Spiked
« Reply #13 on: Oct 08, 2008, 09:12:49 PM »
"what's your guys' majors? mine is bus.management/accounting. "
Construction Management/Economics - 14 credit hours left and I'm done.

I remember my grandfather telling me to always honor my word and live up to what i tell people! What ever happen to that way of thinking!

Unfortunately that way of thinking is long gone.......I wish it wasn't but its the sad truth.

Offline Bgreen02

• Forked
« Reply #14 on: Oct 08, 2008, 09:17:39 PM »
No luck here! Seen lots of does and a little 4 point.Then last friday the crazy lady we leased from forgot to take her med's or something and kicked us off her property.We had already paid for this year and next years hunting rights,we had a verbal contract with her last year to cut her 80 cords of firewood!And we would have hunting rights thru this year.We found out that she had somebody who wanted to lease it! So she deliberatly f#&ked us. It's a bunch of B.S. you can't take anybodys word anymore. I remember my grandfather telling me to always honor my word and live up to what i tell people! What ever happen to that way of thinking!
You actually would have a case here if you chose to pursue it with legal action. A verbal contract is binding on any services or money with an amount less than $500. It would take more time than worth it but you could to stick it to her.

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal