Author Topic: when should I start seeing rubs?  (Read 2085 times)

Offline addicted2ice

• Nubbie
when should I start seeing rubs?
« on: Sep 11, 2008, 09:32:59 AM »
I have 10 wood acres mostly oak, it opens to a 4 acre field and 2 acre garden of my dads.  All I can find is 1 and 2 yr old rubs.  I passed up 2 small bucks last year and shot at and missed an eight point last November with my bow.  Are they gone or is it early yet?

Offline icefisher69

• Spiked
Re: when should I start seeing rubs?
« Reply #1 on: Sep 11, 2008, 12:04:19 PM »
we went scouting a week and a half ago and found 7 ground scrapes,didnt really see any rub's. Was cutting wood yesterday and found 2 fresh rub's. you should see some soon if there's buck hangin on your land! I don't you scared him away,i think you educated him!Good luck this year!

Offline grousemaster789

• 6 Pointer
« Reply #2 on: Sep 11, 2008, 12:34:01 PM »
ill be out doing some scouting for ducks, and deer this weekend, and ill let you know if I come across some
"A peculiar virtue in wildlife ethics is that the hunter ordinarily has no gallery to applaud or disapprove of his conduct. Whatever his acts, they are dictated by his own conscience, rather than by a mob of onlookers. It is difficult to exaggerate the importance of this fact." -Aldo Leopold

halfrack33

« Reply #3 on: Sep 11, 2008, 07:13:16 PM »
Im in Northeast part of NY. Found a fresh one today and went into the field next to it and found 10 deer including 2-3 bucks, couldn't confirm one that looked like a smalllll spike. I doubt you scared him away i shot at the same one 3 times in about 10 days last year before i killed him. He'll come back especially if his hormones are raging. Long story short, i guess it should be soon if not now.

Offline mbrooks

• Nubbie
« Reply #4 on: Sep 30, 2008, 07:35:12 PM »
Hung my stand last weekend and had several rubs within range so they are out there.

Offline addicted2ice

• Nubbie
« Reply #5 on: Oct 02, 2008, 07:53:17 AM »
update,  found 2 new rubs, and best of all, seen my 8 point twice over the last 2 weeks.  Got out to my stand last night at 5pm and had 4 doe follow me in 15 minutes later......its on like Donkey Kong....

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal