Author Topic: Here`s a bit of news from My hometown paper.NOT GOOD!!!!  (Read 10777 times)

Offline MrMarty51

• Forked
  • Huntin`s the name,gettin`s the game.
Here`s a bit of news from My hometown paper.NOT GOOD!!!!
« on: Apr 28, 2008, 07:22:26 AM »
Six donkeys shot, five killed
By Elaine Forman
Garry and Bonnie Loomis are nursing a week-old donkey, trying to keep it alive, after its mother and five other donkeys were shot along Sheffield Road on Friday night or Saturday morning. Four died in the field. The mother died on Sunday, and the other donkey is alive as of Tuesday morning but is being monitored.
“It’s totally senseless,” Bonnie said in a telephone interview Tuesday morning.
Custer County Deputy Dave Power said the shooting occurred on Sheffield Road about a half mile from Highway 59.
Bonnie said that even though the mother was dying, she still stood so her filly could nurse. “That’s how loving they are.”
She said one of the jennies killed was pregnant and ready to give birth any time.
“They didn’t die right away. They suffered. ... It’s just evil — that’s all it is,” Bonnie said.
The Loomis couple adopted a jack and a jenny, and all the rest are descended from them.
“We’ve had them 12 years. It’s a terrible tragedy. We’ve lost sleep over it. We just want whoever did this caught. I can’t believe anyone could be that cruel,” Bonnie said.
The Loomis’ 17 grandchildren adored the donkeys. Many friends would go visit the animals. One friend was taking her two young grandchildren to go see the donkeys Saturday when she discovered them dead.
“These donkeys were like a part of our family. They were the most gentle, docile, loving animals. They were our pets,” Bonnie said.
Now they have just a yearling, the week-old filly, and the older one that was shot.
Power said killing livestock is a felony. Anyone with information about the shooting is asked to call the Custer County Sheriff’s Office at 874-3320.
I hope they get these guys. ???  ???  ???
« Last Edit: Apr 28, 2008, 07:26:53 AM by MrMarty51 »

Offline minnowguy

• 6 Pointer
Re: Here`s a bit of news from My hometown paper.NOT GOOD!!!!
« Reply #1 on: Apr 28, 2008, 09:58:14 AM »
There's no excuse for that kind of stuff. Hope they catchem and hang em.

Offline adkRoy

• 12 Pointer
  • Beware, the Ghost Deer are going to get you!!!!
« Reply #2 on: Apr 28, 2008, 10:25:44 AM »
I hope they throw the book at whoever did this!!!! >:(
Tresspassing on my land is bad, Tresspassing on my land with an ATV will get you shot!

Offline BoneHead

• 8 Pointer
  • What a BoneHead!
« Reply #3 on: Apr 28, 2008, 02:02:14 PM »
Cowards.  >:( that just made me sick. I feel real bad for that family. I hope they catch them.

Offline MnSportsman

• Spiked
  • Called uphill with hens...It can be done
« Reply #4 on: Apr 28, 2008, 03:10:46 PM »
I am appalled to hear this. It actually ticks me off pretty bad.
   I have learned some things over the years to handle these types of degenerates, but they are not appropriate to this forum. Let me just say that the correct way to respond here is: "Let the law handle this".
For that is the appropriate way to respond here.

But in a different world, I can think of things that would help the ones who are responsible for this situation,... well ... I think it would make them uncomfortable.

I hope that the ones responsible for this situation, are found & dealt with in an appropriate manner..

Remember, young impressionable folks read these words also.

'Nuff said", by me,on this subject. Their behavior disgusts me.
« Last Edit: Apr 29, 2008, 07:13:14 AM by MnSportsman »

Another Spring Tom  <>   Me & some of the Good Ol' Boys  <>  Belle with her first birds @ 9 months{R.I.P.}

Offline Coach

• 6 Pointer
  • member of the Durham Boys
« Reply #5 on: Apr 28, 2008, 08:40:12 PM »
Cowards.  >:( that just made me sick. I feel real bad for that family. I hope they catch them.
I can't believe that someone would sink that low, hopefully the owners will get to have some input on their punishment when they are caught.
2011 Buck Wild, 2012 Tine Lords

Offline er-e-is

• 6 Pointer
« Reply #6 on: Apr 28, 2008, 10:16:07 PM »
I hope they catch the people that did this and throw the book at em. That won't be enough punishment.

Offline vivlamored

• 8 Pointer
« Reply #7 on: May 01, 2008, 05:10:24 AM »
 and people wonder why everyone is posting their land

Offline ALASKANSS

• 6 Pointer
  • HUNTIN'MOONSHINE ISLAND
« Reply #8 on: Aug 14, 2008, 08:09:29 AM »
sad very sad.....

Offline BigBuckTaker16

• 6 Pointer
  • It must be the "hat"
« Reply #9 on: Sep 14, 2008, 09:13:08 PM »
Why would somebody do this, what is the point ???
Iceshanty= AirManCam

Offline MrMarty51

• Forked
  • Huntin`s the name,gettin`s the game.
« Reply #10 on: Oct 07, 2008, 10:19:53 PM »
Three charged in local donkey shootings was the headlines.2 men and one boy.Corey Knipple 18,James Cranford 19 and Ty Nelson soon to be 18.Knipple and Cranford are in jail and Nelson is a minor so He is`nt.All three males are charged with six felony counts of aggrivated animal cruelty by accountability which is two years in prison and a 2500.00 fine and the six counts of criminal mischief which is a up to ten years in prison and a 50,000.00 fine. There will be other charges filed also. I`ll post the rest of the story after it appears in the milescitystar.com website and then I can do a copy and paste to get it on here.

Offline deerman

• 6 Pointer
  • ya get what ya need
« Reply #11 on: Mar 30, 2009, 10:50:56 AM »
thats just rediculous why would anybody want to shoot a freikin donkey?
i can relate to how furious i would be because i live on a farm a with a whole bunch of livestock and that is just cowardly and rediculous.
Every man dies, but not every man lives.

Offline Bunk

• Spiked
  • The spirit of the wild lives on!!
    • photobucket
« Reply #12 on: Apr 12, 2009, 01:10:48 PM »
pointless. whoever whould do that deserves to be shot.
"The beast is dead! Long live the beast!"

Offline Zorros Shack

• 6 Pointer
« Reply #13 on: Jun 06, 2010, 07:52:39 AM »
That's really pointless shoot donkeys come on! It's a pet not food you don't shoot some elses pets!!!!

Offline smokey94

• Nubbie
« Reply #14 on: Jul 09, 2010, 05:41:47 AM »
   just a few days ago the same stupid act where some idiot & idiots shot a couple of horse as they were just out grazing the the pasture close to a county road were shot 1 died on the spot & the other made it back to the barn before dying. the trouble is unless some one saw them & reported it to our so called clay co. fl. sheriff's office nothing will ever be done about it. i use to love to get out & deer hunt , i have gotten to the age i can't get out in the wild anymore.

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal