Author Topic: CARBON OR ALUM.  (Read 1783 times)

Offline out door man

• Forked
CARBON OR ALUM.
« on: Sep 27, 2007, 12:55:04 PM »
Just Wonder what people Are Using this year. I am using the New Easton xx 78 super Slams camo arrow. There A lot Better Then Any other Arrow i have ever Shot I am not one for carbon to week of a arrow for me
Get The Spud Launcher !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Offline dhunter83

• Nubbie
Re: CARBON OR ALUM.
« Reply #1 on: Sep 29, 2007, 12:50:28 AM »
carbon all the way, shooting carbon express hunter select with either a rage head or montec g5 I've shot lots of arrows , carbons and alum but i prefer carbon i can go threw bone and not have to worry if my arrow bent but there are carbon that aren't worth the box they came in.

Offline vivlamored

• 8 Pointer
« Reply #2 on: Sep 29, 2007, 02:02:38 PM »
i was dead set against carbon till last season when i was convinced to buy  them now I won't go back to aluminum

Offline johndeere540

• 8 Pointer
  • If the lead aint flyin, the backstrap aint fryin!
« Reply #3 on: Sep 30, 2007, 02:12:47 PM »
Aluminum or carbon? Easy! A aluminum does not come close to the strength or penetration of a carbon arrow. Plus a carbon will fly straight or not at all.

Offline Swampbuckster

• Forked
  • I'm out of here, to the great outdoors.
    • Lower Michigan Hunting & Fishing
« Reply #4 on: Oct 01, 2007, 01:00:37 PM »
Yeah,  I am going to have to agree with the majority here. I too shot aluminum for years and carbon became more and more popular. Now, aluminum arrows are becoming almost more expensive then carbons just because everybody is buying carbons now. I am shooting AMG Airforce carbon arrows. $44.00 half dozen. I think they are on the low end as far as quality but they shoot great for me. I won't go back to aluminum now. I also like how quiet they can be even when they hit the side of your bow. They don't "clank clank" like aluminum arrows do.
Say Fred, you go up that ridge......and I'll go down in the swamp.....we'll get that buck. -The Nuge

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal