Author Topic: grousemaster789's hunting - peter cottontail 3/30 pg 3  (Read 11721 times)

Offline grousemaster789

• 6 Pointer
Re: grousemaster789's first deer pg 2
« Reply #15 on: Nov 19, 2007, 06:13:19 PM »
Any deer taken with a good clean kill is a good deer. Don't worry about gettin one with a bow it will happen it only took me 14 plus years to kill one with a bow and it finally happened this year. Shot a good doe sunday morning with 15 mins left of our morning hunt, good blood until it hit the swamp/thicket, then it just looked like it disappeared. My buddy was just a bit too eager to get after it and he didn't wanna give it much time to lay down and die and I think he pushed it deep in there and we could have walked 5 feet from it and never noticed it. I have never lost a deer until yesterday, kinda upsetting in my eyes. But anyways nice deer, now that you have one in the freezer get the bow back out and try with that. Good luck!

Im pumped to bow hunt again. I usually see some nice does once the snow gets on the ground. They start getting hungry and a little mor brave
"A peculiar virtue in wildlife ethics is that the hunter ordinarily has no gallery to applaud or disapprove of his conduct. Whatever his acts, they are dictated by his own conscience, rather than by a mob of onlookers. It is difficult to exaggerate the importance of this fact." -Aldo Leopold

Offline grousemaster789

• 6 Pointer
« Reply #16 on: Nov 19, 2007, 06:13:36 PM »
Congratulations on your first deer... 8)

thanks~
"A peculiar virtue in wildlife ethics is that the hunter ordinarily has no gallery to applaud or disapprove of his conduct. Whatever his acts, they are dictated by his own conscience, rather than by a mob of onlookers. It is difficult to exaggerate the importance of this fact." -Aldo Leopold

Offline adkRoy

• 12 Pointer
  • Beware, the Ghost Deer are going to get you!!!!
« Reply #17 on: Nov 29, 2007, 07:21:59 AM »
Congrats on your first deer. What caliber gun did you hit him with?
Tresspassing on my land is bad, Tresspassing on my land with an ATV will get you shot!

Offline Swampbuckster

• Forked
  • I'm out of here, to the great outdoors.
    • Lower Michigan Hunting & Fishing
« Reply #18 on: Nov 29, 2007, 03:31:53 PM »
Nice pictured story there! I did the same thing opening day on a doe, thought I missed her when she started running, shot her again. Hit her perfectly behiund the shoulder on the 1st shot, back leg on the 2nd. So don't feel bad, it happens! ;D Congratulations on your first deer! Maybe next bowseason will offer up some better luck for ya!
Say Fred, you go up that ridge......and I'll go down in the swamp.....we'll get that buck. -The Nuge

Offline grousemaster789

• 6 Pointer
« Reply #19 on: Dec 01, 2007, 04:07:14 PM »
Congrats on your first deer. What caliber gun did you hit him with?

Mossberg 500, 12 guage

Nice pictured story there! I did the same thing opening day on a doe, thought I missed her when she started running, shot her again. Hit her perfectly behiund the shoulder on the 1st shot, back leg on the 2nd. So don't feel bad, it happens! ;D Congratulations on your first deer! Maybe next bowseason will offer up some better luck for ya!

sure looking forward to it. I tend to see more deer in december bowhunting

Offline Chucker

• 12 Pointer
« Reply #20 on: Dec 01, 2007, 04:14:28 PM »
Good job.  You're one deer ahead of me for the lifetime tally.  But I'd like to tie you soon  8)
I'm bound to stay where you sleep all day, Where they hung the jerk that invented work, in the Big Rock Candy Mountains.

Offline grousemaster789

• 6 Pointer
« Reply #21 on: Dec 02, 2007, 11:00:31 AM »
Good job.  You're one deer ahead of me for the lifetime tally.  But I'd like to tie you soon  8)

haha I hope you get one, its quite the experience

Offline Bgreen02

• Forked
« Reply #22 on: Dec 02, 2007, 01:00:31 PM »
It really is. I got my first deer last year which was a doe. I am holding off now for a buck. This year I thought I would get one when the 4 point walked by but stuck in the thick brush and never got a shot. Its funny I saw 2 does and just watched didn't get excited or anything but as soon as I saw the horns on the 4 point the heart was racing. Hopefully muzzleloading season I see some more horns.

Offline grousemaster789

• 6 Pointer
Re: grousemaster789's squirrels pg 2
« Reply #23 on: Feb 17, 2008, 12:09:05 PM »
I did my last bit of hunting for the season. I have to wait 7 months now. Went out in the 1-2ft of snow. Shot 4 in an hour and a half. and saw about 20 deer.

Offline gump

• 6 Pointer
Re: grousemaster789's hunting -squirrels 2/17 bottom of pg 2
« Reply #24 on: Feb 17, 2008, 04:19:06 PM »
Nice way to spend a mid winter day!  Are those black squirrels a color variation of a Grey squirrel?

Offline vivlamored

• 8 Pointer
« Reply #25 on: Feb 17, 2008, 04:38:04 PM »
Nice way to spend a mid winter day!  Are those black squirrels a color variation of a Grey squirrel?
black squirles are getting more and more common. I think same as a grey just black

Offline grousemaster789

• 6 Pointer
« Reply #26 on: Feb 18, 2008, 01:01:57 AM »
black squirles are getting more and more common. I think same as a grey just black

I think I have to agree with vivla on this one

Offline Bgreen02

• Forked
« Reply #27 on: Mar 05, 2008, 08:24:33 AM »
I think I have to agree with vivla on this one
The black squirrels I've heard are actually native to canada.

Offline vivlamored

• 8 Pointer
« Reply #28 on: Mar 06, 2008, 05:58:17 PM »
yeah I saw a ton of them while there the first i saw them in Ny was in syracuse its full of them

Offline grousemaster789

• 6 Pointer
« Reply #29 on: Mar 07, 2008, 07:55:49 PM »
Either way, I see them all the time where I hunt. Their here in michigan  ;D

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal