Author Topic: duck blind  (Read 4820 times)

Offline farmall99

• Nubbie
duck blind
« on: Oct 08, 2013, 12:27:25 PM »
We have a creek i hunt in and i want to build a permanant duck blind.  I have all the matterials i might need so any ideas?

Offline Stinginglips

• 6 Pointer
  • I love a nice rack
Re: duck blind
« Reply #1 on: Oct 08, 2013, 07:48:00 PM »
is the blind going to be in water, or on land?

Offline fishnmachine

• 8 Pointer
  • Take 'em!
« Reply #2 on: Oct 08, 2013, 09:21:12 PM »
It's a little late this year to be building a blind. You'll be better off this year to hunt the creek and study the birds' flight patterns, landing zones, and resting holes. Build your blind next september or the earliest legal time allowed for blind construction where this year you have determined as the best location. They're patterns won't change. Usually 4 corner posts driven into the ground or creek bottom with cross gussets support floor joists and flooring. Chicken wire wrapped around the upper posts holds vegetation and brush natural to the area. Add a bench, and bang, you have a basic blind. It's a lot of work, at least 4 good days work, and once it's there, it's there for the season. But remember, it has to be removed, by law, after the season as well.
It'll chew...

Offline nyduckman

• 8 Pointer
« Reply #3 on: Oct 11, 2013, 10:58:47 AM »
4 t-posts some pallets and chicken wire...I drive the t-posts in then nail the pallets together then chicken wire the outside and brush it all in...really cheap and ez to do..just watch your waders on the chicken wire . can make a half dozen for under 100 dollars so you don't burn out one blind

Offline maineduckhunter

• 12 Pointer
  • 2008 8 pt.
« Reply #4 on: Oct 11, 2013, 11:21:00 AM »
First question.....Do the ducks come to the spot you want to build the blind? You want to be where the ducks want to be.

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal