Author Topic: so close but yet so far away  (Read 3452 times)

Offline Got Deer?

• Spiked
so close but yet so far away
« on: Oct 25, 2006, 07:20:57 PM »
was out last night and was sitting on a pole line i have been going to lately since i was walking out the first time there and jumped a few all i saw was flags so there i sat last night again and out comes 4 does couple pretty good  size all out of range watched for about 30 minutes till it was allmost dark stood up to try to get a little closer and there they go, all of them.

Offline chillywillie

• 6 Pointer
  • Buxton, Maine
Re: so close but yet so far away
« Reply #1 on: Oct 26, 2006, 05:25:56 AM »
You sound like me.  I've seen 11 deer from my stand so far.  The only one I had a shot at was a little skipper and I let her go.  I had my bow drawn on one nice doe but she didn't want to take the last one or two steps to get into my shooting lane.

Offline buddah

• Spiked
« Reply #2 on: Oct 26, 2006, 08:39:39 AM »
Sure would be nice to have a doe permit come saturday would'nt it?  :'(

Offline chillywillie

• 6 Pointer
  • Buxton, Maine
« Reply #3 on: Oct 26, 2006, 09:52:17 AM »
I've got one ;)

Offline fshnfool

• 6 Pointer
  • ssssssshhhh....I'm hunting wwwabbit
« Reply #4 on: Oct 26, 2006, 09:58:06 AM »
Sure would be nice to have a doe permit come saturday would'nt it?  :'(

sure would  :-\  hopefully the bucks are right on em.  I haven't seen squat in the woods...heard em, tons of sign, they're there, seems like weekend conditions have been lousy (or the 1st half anyway  ;D). with the climber, if I go out after work, by the time I get out there, up the tree, just settle in.....it's dark!  :-\ go figure.

once we change the clocks this weekend, that hour moves to the morning and we can use a gun... ;D

Saturday plans are hunt around home till late morning and then the wife has a scrapbooking thing in Standish at 2. Got invited to hunt off Oak Hill road for the afternoon out there with her friends husband.  He's got a stand out by his place and says they're there too.

anyone else got plans?..rituals?
~Scott~

Offline fshnfool

• 6 Pointer
  • ssssssshhhh....I'm hunting wwwabbit
« Reply #5 on: Oct 26, 2006, 09:59:28 AM »
I've got one ;)

shanty food, eh chilly?
~Scott~

Offline buddah

• Spiked
« Reply #6 on: Oct 26, 2006, 10:30:37 AM »
I just picked up one of those TSC blinds from ameristep.I set it up sunday in some thick jack furs on the edge of a swamp about 300 yards behind a nice field.There's a few rubs and 1 nice ground scrape within view.I got a nice comfy beach chair in there and i'm sitting all day.If it sucks,at least i'll be dry!I've been seeing quite a few deer in the field at dusk so maybe they'll head my way at daybreak.  :-\

Offline chillywillie

• 6 Pointer
  • Buxton, Maine
« Reply #7 on: Oct 26, 2006, 12:01:53 PM »
shanty food, eh chilly?

I havn't got a deer since I came home from the service 4 years ago.  Whatever offers me a shot is going down.  If it's small I'll just keep hunting expanded archery and try for another one.

Offline Thestanimal

• 6 Pointer
« Reply #8 on: Oct 26, 2006, 04:15:23 PM »
sure would  :-\  hopefully the bucks are right on em.  I haven't seen squat in the woods...heard em, tons of sign, they're there, seems like weekend conditions have been lousy (or the 1st half anyway  ;D). with the climber, if I go out after work, by the time I get out there, up the tree, just settle in.....it's dark!  :-\ go figure.

once we change the clocks this weekend, that hour moves to the morning and we can use a gun... ;D

Saturday plans are hunt around home till late morning and then the wife has a scrapbooking thing in Standish at 2. Got invited to hunt off Oak Hill road for the afternoon out there with her friends husband.  He's got a stand out by his place and says they're there too.

anyone else got plans?..rituals?

I live off the Oak Hill Road and saw 2 nice does a few days ago.  Good luck out there-if you see the beaver behind my house-don't be afraid to send him a warning.....

Offline cdc

• Forked
« Reply #9 on: Oct 27, 2006, 05:34:29 AM »
I was out last night and a buddy hit one and we tracked it till 9ish It was a good clean shot nice dark blood. He said that it was a little high....gave up for the night...I am getting ready to go find her now....just as soon as the sun comes up...He's is at work...but I think I have to work harder getting his deer out of the woods  :-\
 I was in my stand and had 3 come out...just after last light....I was in the same spot last week with my ground blind and got busted because of it..had 2 doe come in to my left and was getting ready to take a shot and one looked rignt at me in the blind...and took off....she was spooked any ways cause of the wind...

Good luck to all on Sat..

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal