Author Topic: Trailcam Photos  (Read 4925 times)

Offline HuntFishSled

• Forked
Trailcam Photos
« on: Aug 27, 2006, 06:44:54 PM »
This is a cool series of pictures. They're from a trailcam set was never moved through all 4 seasons. Notice the little bush in the center. These were taken on a friends property about 45 mins. north of Bangor. I shot a buck there that same fall, but he wasn't one of the one's pictured.

Offline chillywillie

• 6 Pointer
  • Buxton, Maine
Re: Trailcam Photos
« Reply #1 on: Aug 28, 2006, 05:18:53 AM »
That looks like a pretty active spot.  Those apples sure fell from a tree in a mighty neat pile ;D

Offline fshnfool

• 6 Pointer
  • ssssssshhhh....I'm hunting wwwabbit
« Reply #2 on: Aug 28, 2006, 06:51:12 AM »
great shots for sure.....and what a variety.  thanks for sharing and keep em coming.. 8)
~Scott~

Offline scansy

• Forked
  • IX - X - XIII - XIV - XL
« Reply #3 on: Aug 28, 2006, 07:42:54 AM »
Geeze, you could sit in that spot and hunt through all of your seasons - deer, moose, furbearers.  The only thing that didn't go by is a duck or goose!

Offline HuntFishSled

• Forked
« Reply #4 on: Aug 28, 2006, 08:11:35 AM »
Actually the apples were put there the first month he owned the property just to see what types of wildlife were in the area. We've never put apples there again as we found it drew too many coyotes to the area. They love apples. Found coyote scat throughout the woods full of apples. Coyote activity in the area seemed to diminish after the apple pile did. Hopefully that will cause the deer herd to increase as deer sightings are low during the hunting season up there.

Offline archbishop

• 8 Pointer
« Reply #5 on: Aug 28, 2006, 08:52:13 AM »
wow, those are sweet pics, i like the action shot of the doe.

Offline chillywillie

• 6 Pointer
  • Buxton, Maine
« Reply #6 on: Aug 28, 2006, 10:09:44 AM »
Actually the apples were put there the first month he owned the property just to see what types of wildlife were in the area. We've never put apples there again as we found it drew too many coyotes to the area. They love apples. Found coyote scat throughout the woods full of apples. Coyote activity in the area seemed to diminish after the apple pile did. Hopefully that will cause the deer herd to increase as deer sightings are low during the hunting season up there.

I know what you mean about not a lot of deer.  We own 150 acres in Aroostook county and there aren't many deer.  Tons of moose, coyotes, bear and partrdige though.  I'm trying to improve the land for deer, but it's hard when I live in southern maine.

Offline HuntFishSled

• Forked
« Reply #7 on: Aug 28, 2006, 02:05:38 PM »
I know what you mean about not a lot of deer.  We own 150 acres in Aroostook county and there aren't many deer.  Tons of moose, coyotes, bear and partrdige though.  I'm trying to improve the land for deer, but it's hard when I live in southern maine.

Yup...we all know there's not as many deer per sq. mile in the North, but it's that anticipation of seeing a big one that gets us to keep going back.  :) We're also working on improving his 150 acres to draw more deer to the area. Going up there over Labor Day weekend as a matter of fact.

Offline chillywillie

• 6 Pointer
  • Buxton, Maine
« Reply #8 on: Aug 29, 2006, 06:07:22 AM »
I'm headed up Thursday afternoon foe a five day weekend to cut some firewood and do some more improvement work in the woods.

Offline Out4Trout

• 8 Pointer
  • Out4Bucks in November
« Reply #9 on: Aug 30, 2006, 05:20:39 PM »
Those are all great shots. I've thought about getting a trailcam, now after seeing those pics, I really want one. What brand do you have?

Offline crappie boy

• Spiked
  • hunt for life
« Reply #10 on: Sep 01, 2006, 10:06:41 PM »
boy o boy if you were that camera you would have a lot of meat in the freezer  ;D
crappie boy name brendan   aint no deer in that field

Offline HuntFishSled

• Forked
« Reply #11 on: Sep 02, 2006, 06:37:46 AM »
Those are all great shots. I've thought about getting a trailcam, now after seeing those pics, I really want one. What brand do you have?

Don't know the brand. It's my friends camera. Although I know it was an inexpensive one and old. It's gone now as a bear destroyed it.  :o  Here's a few more of a curious cow moose.

Heading up to camp right now for the weekend then over to Linclon to scout and check out the camp we borrowed for moose hunting. Unforntunatly we didn't get a permit for the zone where our camp is.

Offline Out4Trout

• 8 Pointer
  • Out4Bucks in November
« Reply #12 on: Sep 02, 2006, 03:40:09 PM »
More nice pics. I've hear that the flash scares the crap out of the animals, but I wouldn't say those moose were bothered much. The buck in the earlier shots seemed to be fine also. The price range on these cameras varies a lot, if this is a cheep one, then I think I'd be happy with one of the lower cost cameras. Thanks for posting.

Offline skundl

• Forked
« Reply #13 on: Sep 03, 2006, 07:53:58 PM »
Watched a real nice buck walk past one of my cams at dusk, the flash went off and the buck didnt even look in the direction of the camera.  There was absolutely no reaction by the deer.  I dont know of it happens all the time but hope so.

Offline crappie boy

• Spiked
  • hunt for life
« Reply #14 on: Oct 15, 2006, 08:50:52 PM »
nice pics did you git that moose
crappie boy name brendan   aint no deer in that field

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal