Author Topic: Turkeys??  (Read 2670 times)

Offline oldfox

• Spiked
  • Jerry
Turkeys??
« on: May 04, 2006, 02:54:50 PM »
Just wondering if anyone is getting their turkey this year  ??? ???...I did'nt get to go, due to a shoulder injury...lets hear some stories !!   ;D ;D

Offline tcfish

• 6 Pointer
Re: Turkeys??
« Reply #1 on: May 08, 2006, 08:15:28 AM »

Nice a cool this am .no black flies!! had 2 toms come in in front and had another behind me gonnling his fool head off .I ended up calling 1 of the ones out in front close enough for a shot DONE at 5:30 this am 1 18 lb tom with 8 inch beard !!!!
       turkey nuggets tonight
My way of life

Offline kenman

• Spiked
« Reply #2 on: May 08, 2006, 01:17:46 PM »
Went out saturday morning.  In the woods well before daybreak.  Heard the birds fly down and I yelped a couple times.  A hen responded to my yelps immediately and came walking into my decoy spread.  COOL...I have a live bird in my set, that ought to help...nothing like a live bird as a deke!!  This hen was cutting constantly (I didn't have to call again)...didn't take long for a tom to start gobbling.  About 3 minutes later the tom made his way up onto the plataeu I was on, about 100 yards away.  All of a sudden she gets nervous and starts running away, tom goes away as well...I didn't move, she didn't bust me, couldn't have.  2 minutes later I yelp a couple times and I spot the culprit....coyote coming towards the dekes.  He catches wind of me (lots of bug spray on) about 50 yards away and turns tail and bounds away.  I would have popped him if he was 20 yards closer.

Tried calling the birds back for an hour or so, but they weren't having it.  Had to be out of the woods by 9 for my sons baseball game, so my hunt was over...maybe next weekend.

Offline Turkeyslayer

• 6 Pointer
« Reply #3 on: May 12, 2006, 09:29:02 AM »
went out tuesday morning saw three toms in a bluebarrie field we got two in 45 minutes one 15.5lb-er and the other was a 14.75lb-er two compleatly differnt bird but they had so much in comon both had 8.5" beards one was nice and thick fans are about the same too.  All in all a good day.  Ummmmmmmm Turkey nuggets.  ;D

Offline oldfox

• Spiked
  • Jerry
« Reply #4 on: May 12, 2006, 02:18:21 PM »
went out tuesday morning saw three toms in a bluebarrie field we got two in 45 minutes one 15.5lb-er and the other was a 14.75lb-er two compleatly differnt bird but they had so much in comon both had 8.5" beards one was nice and thick fans are about the same too.  All in all a good day.  Ummmmmmmm Turkey nuggets.  ;D

Congrads Turkeyslayer...well done! ;D

Offline Scott Wright

• Forked
  • shotgun, rifle or bow... I LOVE to hunt!!
« Reply #5 on: Sep 25, 2006, 06:08:38 AM »

My 18.5 pounder I shot this year with a shotgun I built from parts over the winter.
Let\'s go get \'em

Offline crappie boy

• Spiked
  • hunt for life
« Reply #6 on: Oct 15, 2006, 09:04:07 PM »
crappie boy name brendan   aint no deer in that field

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal