Author Topic: Moose Hunt 2017 is Game On  (Read 13913 times)

Offline Aziscohosbuck

• 6 Pointer
Re: Moose Hunt 2017 is Game On
« Reply #60 on: Oct 07, 2017, 10:43:57 PM »
Congrats....So sorry about your son but be certain he was looking down full of pride with the efforts of his ole man!
Thank you for those kind words, has been almost 12 years now since he has been gone, but yet it seems as though it was yesterday, still think of him every single day but time has made it easier to cope with.  Special occaissons like this once in a lifetime Maine Moose hunt really bring back memories of those Father/Son hunts that we did together, so grateful for that time we got to spend together deer hunting in the Northwestern Mountains of Maine out of a rough hunting/fishing camp on Aziscohos Lake, I miss him terribly but yet I felt his presence with us on this hunt in a deeply spiritual way.  It's not right to lose a child at age 24 in his absolute prime of life, but this happens to many other parents as well, no fairness to it whatsoever, it's just life and with that always will come death, none of us can escape that, one does not know when and how and I thank the Lord for that.  But seriously looking up into that beautiful Allegash starlit night with a crescent moon shining brightly down, I was humbled while kneeling beside this Beautiful and wild Moose in the total darkness of the Forest and I felt gratitude like never before, felt closer to Troy that night then I have ever felt since he passed on 01/11/2005.  I have learned to accept what happened which has saved me my sanity and helped me to survive and even thrive stronger than ever, but this took a while.  I guess what I took away from this hunt and a successful harvest of a Maine Moose was that love for your child is eternal, death is only a portal to the other side we all must pass through and somewhere in between at moments like this there is a connection between those who have passed on and those left behind who love them so dearly.  I swear I felt his presence beside me and a sense of peace came over me like I have never felt before.  Call me crazy, insane whatever, but I swear it was as real as if you paid a visit to a close friend and were face to face talking to eachother on an otherwise perfectly normal weekend, that's how close I felt to my son in pitch black woods deep in the Allegash with a harvested dead Moose beside me.  What can I say, once in a lifetime experience and it was surreal to say the least!

Live to Hunt and treasure the moments that make you feel alive,
Aziscohosbuck
« Last Edit: Oct 07, 2017, 10:53:21 PM by Aziscohosbuck »

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal