Author Topic: 2006 Turkey Season  (Read 1904 times)

Offline adkRoy

• 12 Pointer
  • Beware, the Ghost Deer are going to get you!!!!
2006 Turkey Season
« on: Sep 25, 2006, 07:35:56 AM »
Less than a week to go. We saw a flock of 7 nice toms on the farm this weekend. I can't wait until Sunday.
Tresspassing on my land is bad, Tresspassing on my land with an ATV will get you shot!

Offline Perch Inc.

• Spiked
  • Monster Perch Rulz!!
Re: 2006 Turkey Season
« Reply #1 on: Oct 01, 2006, 11:12:37 AM »
Today is the DAY!!! this rain sucks!! seen five nice Toms yesterday but we don't HUNT our land until Bow season don't want to bug all the BIG Bucks!!
Pass it on the GREAT NY Outdoors!!         

Offline adkRoy

• 12 Pointer
« Reply #2 on: Oct 02, 2006, 06:49:39 AM »
Opening day was a drencher but I still managed to get a nice hen. See my picts in the pictures section.
Tresspassing on my land is bad, Tresspassing on my land with an ATV will get you shot!

Offline tucker

• 6 Pointer
  • What are you lookin at?
« Reply #3 on: Oct 02, 2006, 07:16:42 AM »
I let 3 hens and a jake pass by.  I am hoping to get a nice big tom

Offline adkRoy

• 12 Pointer
« Reply #4 on: Oct 11, 2006, 06:41:38 AM »
I went turkey hunting yesterday on the farm. No sign of turkey anywhere. Normally there in the fields gorging themselves on grasshoppers but there is no grasshopper this year which is very wierd.  Lots of coyote crap all over the place unfortunately.  >:( That is not a good sign.

Offline The Smokestick Kid

• 6 Pointer
  • When the hammer drops, the B.S. stops!
« Reply #5 on: Oct 11, 2006, 10:19:25 AM »
I went out on Monday evening and found a large flock of birds in a field on a farm that I've grown up hunting...in fact, I've shot more birds in this field than all other places combined!  :)  I snuck along the edge of the field, and ran out to break up the birds...It was a little too far for a shot, and with that many birds calling was futile.  It was a good break, and I headed for the woods on the other edge of the field, set up my decoys and waited 15 minutes before slow purring...within 10 minutes, three heads poked up on the other side of a blow down.  They causiously made their way around, but when they started to act a little spooked, I shot the biggest bird.  Turned out to be a nice tom...18.5#, 8 1/2 inch beard and 1 1/4 inch spurs.  Not the biggest bird I've ever shot by any means, but the second biggest I've ever taken in the fall.  ;D  I got some pics on a disposable camera, as my digital went to hell back in the spring.  When I get them developed, I'll get the CD made and post them. So now I've got one bird and I'm happy...Thank god northern muzzleloader starts on Saturday!  ;D

-Zach

Offline adkRoy

• 12 Pointer
« Reply #6 on: Oct 11, 2006, 03:51:27 PM »
congrats on the turkey Zach.  Amen to the northern Muzzleloader this weekend. Good luck.

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal