Author Topic: 2 days away and STILL DONT HAVE MY BOW BACK. NOW IM MAD!  (Read 4398 times)

Offline stka

• 30 Point Buck
Re: 2 days away and STILL DONT HAVE MY BOW BACK. NOW IM MAD!
« Reply #15 on: Sep 25, 2012, 08:02:33 PM »
Really surprised if it was them. I know they're swamped now but that's inexcusable. Browns in Schenectady was always great but I haven't been there in many years.

Offline Raquettedacker

• Cactus Buck
« Reply #16 on: Sep 25, 2012, 08:12:55 PM »
Hope you get it back in time Jimi...
"Dying is the easy part. Learning how to live is the hard part..."

Offline Step2Jimi

• 6 Pointer
« Reply #17 on: Sep 25, 2012, 08:17:45 PM »
Yea I know theyre busy and if something happened that made it take this long I would understand but this long.

Offline joe snag

• Non-typical 13 Pointer
  • I will Stand and Salute the American Flag always
« Reply #18 on: Sep 26, 2012, 05:06:21 AM »
One day S2J,,go get it today,,

Offline ship of fools

• 8 Pointer
« Reply #19 on: Sep 26, 2012, 05:29:33 AM »
you want to feel better  .... listen to this one  :o

i bought a new bow last year ..... left my old one that i had borrowed from a friend with the shop to put a new string on, tune up etc

called last fall and left a couple messages ... they were not returned

called in the spring - no return call

called in august - no return call ....  called in september - no return call .... called later that day and the guy told me he sold it because he had not heard from me  :-\  .......   

he had the balls to tell me he tried my number but there was no answer ... it's the cell i have had for over 10 years... and it has voicemail

so now he is supposed to order me a replacement and take care of me on the pricing so i can get my buddy a bow again

i just don't get it??
« Last Edit: Sep 26, 2012, 05:30:45 AM by ship of fools »

Offline Chucker

• 12 Pointer
« Reply #20 on: Sep 26, 2012, 05:30:30 AM »
That's just crazy, John!
I'm bound to stay where you sleep all day, Where they hung the jerk that invented work, in the Big Rock Candy Mountains.

Offline ship of fools

• 8 Pointer
« Reply #21 on: Sep 26, 2012, 05:31:29 AM »
That's just crazy, John!

yep .....  i am up in the air as to what i should do ...  i figure i will give him a chance to make it right

Offline Raquettedacker

• Cactus Buck
« Reply #22 on: Sep 26, 2012, 05:52:09 AM »
That's just crazy, John!

X2     >:( >:(
"Dying is the easy part. Learning how to live is the hard part..."

Offline upstatehunter

• 30 Point Buck
« Reply #23 on: Sep 26, 2012, 06:56:53 AM »
SOLD IT?????

What kind of (and I use this term loosely) business person, sells the property of a customer without consent....and now wants you to purchase a new one???? Sorry but this guy would be reported to the better business bureau....then a lawyer contacted....then slammed repeatedly to all to know what kind of business this is.....remember, it's not slander or libel if it's true....Completely unacceptable...I'm sure your phone service has complete records of who called you in the last year.....
I had the chance to start a shop a number of years ago, and after close scrutiny of the archery industry(spent a lot of time in other shops).... I found that a huge reason most people do all of their own work on their bows is the incompetence or lack of service they received at the local shops....why so many little shops pop up and then as quickly go away....
They are people who love archery and think they want it to be their livelihood...then realize they are in over their heads....can't or won't go for factory training.....get angered when people are banging their door down, when they want to be out hunting.... or people hear horror stories like these about them.....just a myriad of reasons they fail....Most people learn this very quickly, and start doing everything except buy the bow from the shop....I even buy online....don't need to pay someones overhead for hanging a bow on a hook and letting me look at it.....Good god this makes me angry!!  OK rant done.....off to your regular scheduled programing.....shoot well people and learn as much about your bow as possible.... :o :o :o

Offline loonyone

• Non-typical 13 Pointer
« Reply #24 on: Sep 26, 2012, 07:02:02 AM »
does not see right not me.......not right at all......and now he gets a sale out of it too...seems like he does this type of thing regular like

Offline ship of fools

• 8 Pointer
« Reply #25 on: Sep 26, 2012, 07:39:23 AM »
as i said i am unsure what to do ......  i really liked the guy and he treated me fairly when i bought my 1 year old firecat last year

i think it is more of a case of a guy who loves archery but is not a good businessman and doesn't return phone calls

as it stands now i am going to give him a chance to make it right .....  he said he would give me credit from the sale (gee thanks  ::)) and then fit it up inexpensively  .. and he said the martin sabre can be bought dirt cheap so i am hoping the whole thing won't be too bad

i had the bow in for a tune up so if i can get away for $50 or $100 i will look at it as if i just paid for the tuneup and move on

i take a little of the blame for leaving it there but only a very little ..... the place is an hour plus away and i was waiting for my calls to be returned

Offline Spikehorn11

• 8 Pointer
« Reply #26 on: Sep 26, 2012, 08:27:18 PM »
If it was the day before opening day and I didn't have a bow back...I would buy another that day...I'd scrape up the dough...good luck bud that stinks...I have a 2003 BOWTECH Patriot?... :o  I'm ready for a new bow...

Credit cards is for emergency's like this.

Offline Step2Jimi

• 6 Pointer
« Reply #27 on: Sep 27, 2012, 11:09:52 AM »
150 dollars for a string and cable. Seems a little high no?

Offline drobertsinMaryland

• 30 Point Buck
« Reply #28 on: Sep 27, 2012, 02:49:49 PM »
My buddy just paid $110 for his string/cable winners choice from Cabelas. Of course he came to Dave's bow shop to have them put on. What kind of strings did you get?

Offline Step2Jimi

• 6 Pointer
« Reply #29 on: Sep 27, 2012, 06:21:03 PM »
He said it was a Matthews zebra.

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal