Author Topic: 2 days away and STILL DONT HAVE MY BOW BACK. NOW IM MAD!  (Read 4399 times)

Offline Step2Jimi

• 6 Pointer
2 days away and STILL DONT HAVE MY BOW BACK. NOW IM MAD!
« on: Sep 25, 2012, 04:40:49 PM »
I'll start by saying its all my fault. I knew I needed a new string and thought I could get one more season. As to not have a problem I decided last minute to have it done. I brought it in to a shop iv had mixed feelings about, but its close so i brought it. Two weeks ago. They said they would have it done in a few days but would tell me a week to be safe. After a week without a call I call the shop and they say it will be done in a couple days. That was three business days ago and still no word. Now I know these guys are busy but this s getting ridiculous.

Offline drobertsinMaryland

• 30 Point Buck
Re: 2 days away and STILL DONT HAVE MY BOW BACK. NOW IM MAD!
« Reply #1 on: Sep 25, 2012, 04:44:07 PM »
Sounds like they need a kick in the doodads. >:( What is their number? I will tell them they are holding up my teammate in the hunting challenge.

Offline adkRoy

• 12 Pointer
  • Beware, the Ghost Deer are going to get you!!!!
« Reply #2 on: Sep 25, 2012, 04:46:31 PM »
WOW.  Usually the places I've been to replace the string while you wait. Usually 30 minutes to an hour.
Tresspassing on my land is bad, Tresspassing on my land with an ATV will get you shot!

Offline huntny30

• Non-typical 13 Pointer
« Reply #3 on: Sep 25, 2012, 04:49:11 PM »
If it was the day before opening day and I didn't have a bow back...I would buy another that day...I'd scrape up the dough...good luck bud that stinks...I have a 2003 BOWTECH Patriot?... :o  I'm ready for a new bow...
"Life is tough, but it's tougher when you're stupid."
John Wayne

Offline drobertsinMaryland

• 30 Point Buck
« Reply #4 on: Sep 25, 2012, 04:54:10 PM »
I have a 2003 BOWTECH Patriot?... :o  I'm ready for a new bow...
It still kills them. ;)

Offline huntny30

• Non-typical 13 Pointer
"Life is tough, but it's tougher when you're stupid."
John Wayne

Offline AugustWest

• Spiked
« Reply #6 on: Sep 25, 2012, 05:46:35 PM »
I'll start by saying its all my fault. I knew I needed a new string and thought I could get one more season. As to not have a problem I decided last minute to have it done. I brought it in to a shop iv had mixed feelings about, but its close so i brought it. Two weeks ago. They said they would have it done in a few days but would tell me a week to be safe. After a week without a call I call the shop and they say it will be done in a couple days. That was three business days ago and still no word. Now I know these guys are busy but this s getting ridiculous.

I have a shop near me that is the same way...I am even friends with the whole family!!!
I hope you get it back and get to shoot it so the string and cable stretch properly!!!
AW

Online Green Mountian Hunter

• 30 Point Buck
  • FREE DROBS !!!!
« Reply #7 on: Sep 25, 2012, 06:09:31 PM »
That place is giving you the shaft don't mean to be rude ; But that mom and pop outfit needs to be out of business
they want business or they don'tlooks like to me they don't need it takes like 1/2 hr. at the most  come on

Offline Step2Jimi

• 6 Pointer
« Reply #8 on: Sep 25, 2012, 06:49:31 PM »
I didn't think I was out of line. Stoping in there tomorrow. Leaving with my bow done or not.

Offline Step2Jimi

• 6 Pointer
« Reply #9 on: Sep 25, 2012, 06:51:27 PM »
They said they had to order the string.

Offline upstatehunter

• 30 Point Buck
« Reply #10 on: Sep 25, 2012, 06:53:18 PM »
Shouldn't take two weeks for a string....I order online and get them in a couple days...so even if they have to order it their screwin with ya....I'm sure there must be someone near you with a press....get a string and put it on yourself....need to shoot it at least a hundred times to get it set....some of the newer materials are better....but I still get creep on mine and it is four years old.....

Offline stka

• 30 Point Buck
« Reply #11 on: Sep 25, 2012, 07:27:15 PM »
Would have been worth a phone call and drive to a good shop. I can recommend one in Colonie and another in Amsterdam if you'r near either.

I actually went to get my string/cable replaced today. I had broad head tuned the bow a while ago and wanted to double check it last night. My first broad head was 18" high at 30 yds, as were the following several. Even the Grim Reapers were off some. I've had such a pita with this bow I planned to drop it off today for a new string and cable, and get my old bow ready for monday. The tech at the shop wouldn't replace the string, he said it wasn't the issue with hardly even looking at it. He knocked an arrow with a ramcat and hit 2-3" left at 20yds, then got one of his with a muzzy and did the same. He recommended I loosen the D-loop stops since I may be getting knock pinch. I walked out knowing the bow wasn't that bad (and at this point I was getting fully frustrated). I knew the knock was snug but hadn't seen any sign of pinching. I got home after work, cut the bottom served stop off from the bottom of the D-loop and now it's shooting broad heads fine again.

Offline aquaassassin

• 30 Point Buck
  • AIM SMALL... MISS SMALL
« Reply #12 on: Sep 25, 2012, 07:41:45 PM »
I hope you get it back. But I got to tell you changing your string this close to the season you are asking for trouble IMHO. Got to break it in. Peep twist. String streaching ect. I dunno having your bow work done excluding emergency situations should be done months prior to the season. But like I said. IMHO.
Good luck.

X2, I hope it works out for you bro, truly! Good luck!
It's not being cocky if you can back it up!

Offline Step2Jimi

• 6 Pointer
« Reply #13 on: Sep 25, 2012, 07:43:58 PM »
 I am near colonie and fear my bow is in the shop you would suggest. Don't want to cause a problem with anyone with ties to the shop so ill keep names out of it.  Talked to a friend who is bringing me to his guy tomorrow. I trust his judgment so well see. Thanks though guys. Looks like I'm going to be doing a lot of shooting in the next couple days.

Offline Step2Jimi

• 6 Pointer
« Reply #14 on: Sep 25, 2012, 07:49:28 PM »
Yea lesson learned. Ill take care of it though. I can shoot in doors 24/7 at the club so ill have it worked out before the first. If I miss early days up north I'm fine with it. But I have to be ready for Monday.

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal