Author Topic: 2006-2007 license  (Read 5720 times)

Offline archbishop

• 8 Pointer
2006-2007 license
« on: Aug 10, 2006, 12:12:43 PM »
The 2006-2007 hunting and fishing licenses go on sale August 14th 2006

Offline billybono

• Fawn
Re: 2006-2007 license
« Reply #1 on: Aug 12, 2006, 08:25:51 PM »
i always seem to put that off too

billybono

Offline CROWKILLER

• 6 Pointer
  • Kill um - n - Grill um
« Reply #2 on: Aug 12, 2006, 08:33:41 PM »
i dont get mine untill the middle of sept

Offline Chucker

• 12 Pointer
« Reply #3 on: Aug 13, 2006, 03:15:30 PM »
Got a lifetime here.  Only have to invest in archery/trapping/muzzleloading/DMPs each year.  Sportsmans is covered until the day I die.
I'm bound to stay where you sleep all day, Where they hung the jerk that invented work, in the Big Rock Candy Mountains.

Offline archbishop

• 8 Pointer
« Reply #4 on: Aug 13, 2006, 04:11:59 PM »
Got a lifetime here.  Only have to invest in archery/trapping/muzzleloading/DMPs each year.  Sportsmans is covered until the day I die.

i didnt think that included turkey ???
or dont you turkey hunt ???

Offline Blindsquirrel

• Spiked
« Reply #5 on: Aug 13, 2006, 07:03:15 PM »
I usually wait a few weeks to get mine.  By then there is no crowd and I can just walk up to the counter.

BTW, I like the new licensing system.  I hated filling out those forms every year.  I also hated having to wait for the DMP permits to be mailed, not knowing if I even received one until it arrived. >:(
Even a blind squirrel finds a nut once in awhile.

Offline Chucker

• 12 Pointer
« Reply #6 on: Aug 14, 2006, 05:37:10 AM »
i didnt think that included turkey ???
or dont you turkey hunt ???

Nah, it doesn't.  Brain is still a little fried from shopping for hot water heaters.  Big puddle under mine when I got home from the weekend.   >:(
I'm bound to stay where you sleep all day, Where they hung the jerk that invented work, in the Big Rock Candy Mountains.

Offline archbishop

• 8 Pointer
« Reply #7 on: Aug 14, 2006, 09:10:32 AM »
Nah, it doesn't.  Brain is still a little fried from shopping for hot water heaters.  Big puddle under mine when I got home from the weekend.   >:(

ah man, i have been there just this spring >:( good luck

Offline dogfish

• Spiked
« Reply #8 on: Aug 17, 2006, 03:13:07 PM »
Done deal, got my wife and my super sportsman and 2 doe permit for 7J.  We are ready to wack and stack.

Offline OTIS

• 8 Pointer
« Reply #9 on: Aug 18, 2006, 07:28:51 AM »
With the super sportsman, can both of the bow and muzzle loader tags be used for just muzzle loader?  I believe that they can, but the more we discuss it, the less we believed ourselves.

Offline tucker

• 6 Pointer
  • What are you lookin at?
« Reply #10 on: Aug 18, 2006, 08:26:41 AM »
with a bow and muzzle tag, you can use both in either season, but can't be used in the regular season.  So i you can get a doe tag also, you can take all 3 before the reg season starts.

Offline archbishop

• 8 Pointer
« Reply #11 on: Aug 18, 2006, 01:22:34 PM »
with a bow and muzzle tag, you can use both in either season, but can't be used in the regular season.  So i you can get a doe tag also, you can take all 3 before the reg season starts.

you can tag a deer with your bow or muzzleloader tag in regular season as long as its taken by that method.

Offline Blindsquirrel

• Spiked
« Reply #12 on: Aug 18, 2006, 03:23:34 PM »
you can tag a deer with your bow or muzzleloader tag in regular season as long as its taken by that method.

Straight from the DEC Website http://www.dec.state.ny.us/website/dfwmr/wildlife/guide/faq.html

Q.How does the "3/2" deer tag system begun in 2002 work?

A.Under the new structure, there are separate season licenses for the regular, archery and muzzleloader seasons. Regular season tags can be used only during regular season and late special seasons for those hunters with late season license privileges. Special season tags are valid for use only during special seasons. See our The "3/2" System page for a complete explanation.

Q. Can I use my bow/muzzle either sex or antlerless only carcass tags in the regular season?

A. No. Bow/Muzzle either sex and antlerless only deer carcass tags may only be used in special archery and muzzleloading seasons, depending upon which privileges were purchased. If you purchased both bow and muzzleloading privileges, both tags may be used in either archery or muzzleloading seasons.

Q. Can I use my regular season deer carcass tag during the special seasons?

A. Your regular season deer carcass tag cannot be used in the early archery* or early muzzleloading seasons. It can only be used in the regular big game seasons in the Northern and Southern Zones to take a buck. It can also be used to take an antlered or antlerless deer in Westchester & Suffolk counties, in areas restricted to bowhunting only, and during the late seasons with the appropriate bow or muzzleloading privileges.

* Your previous year's unused regular season deer carcass tag, accompanied by your previous year's bow privilege, can be used in the Northern Zone during the September 27-30 dates of the archery season to harvest a deer of either sex.

Q.Can I use my Antlerless Only special season tag in a unit where the muzzleloader hunting regulations specify only antlered deer can be taken?

A. No - You may only shoot deer that can legally be taken in the unit in which you are hunting. You may take antlered deer only in "Antlered Deer Only" or "Either Sex" units and similarly, you may take antlerless deer only in "Antlerless Deer Only" or "Either Sex" units. The individual unit regulations and tag requirements must both be satisfied and dictate what may be taken during the muzzleloading seasons.

Q.Which deer tags can I use during the first four days of the Northern Zone archery season (September 27-30)?

A. Since the first four days of the Northern Zone archery season are part of the previous license year, you must have a valid license and an unfilled tag from the pervious license year to hunt during this period. A hunter must have bowhunting privileges (Bowhunting, Super Sportsman, or Conservation Legacy license) to hunt during this archery only season. Any unfilled Bow/Mz Season Either Sex Deer Tag, Bow/Mz Season Antlerless Deer Tag, or Regular Season Tag, from the previous license year, is valid for use during this 4 day period. In addition, during this 4 day period, the Regular Season Deer Tag is good for either sex. Deer Management Permits are not valid during this 4 day period because the regulations specifically state that they are valid only through the end of the muzzleloading season.

Q.Can I still purchase the Special Second Deer Permit ?

A.The Special Second Deer Permit is no longer available. The 3/2 system replaces the Special Second Deer Permit and eliminates the return trip to purchase a replacement license.

Q. Where should I attach the carcass tags to my deer?

A. Although it is not specified, it is recommended that it be attached to the head of the deer, either to an antler or through a small slit through the ear. Twist ties or small cable ties work well for this. The attachment hole in the carcass tag may be difficult to see. It is located near the county and town locations on the green side of tag, and between "Sep" and "Oct" on the white side of tag.

Q. When can I use my DMP?

A. You may use your DMP in the Southern Zone during any season. In the Northern Zone you may use your DMP during the regular season and the late muzzleloading season. Previous year or current year DMPs may not be used during the Northern Zone archery or early muzzleloading seasons.
« Last Edit: Aug 18, 2006, 03:49:21 PM by Blindsquirrel »
Even a blind squirrel finds a nut once in awhile.

Offline skundl

• Forked
« Reply #13 on: Aug 19, 2006, 07:18:33 AM »
This year its easy to purchase your license and doe permit online.  It immediately tells you if you were selected or not for a doe permit.  Its mailed to you within 14 days.

Offline archbishop

• 8 Pointer
« Reply #14 on: Aug 19, 2006, 09:24:20 AM »
This year its easy to purchase your license and doe permit online.  It immediately tells you if you were selected or not for a doe permit.  Its mailed to you within 14 days.

same thing at walmart, except you get the permit right there ;)

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal