Author Topic: 2010 Archery Buck from Westchester County  (Read 3036 times)

Offline jager61

• Forked
  • Waidmannsheil!
Re: 2010 Archery Buck from Westchester County
« Reply #15 on: Dec 10, 2010, 07:21:03 AM »
So Mike, did he make P&Y? Looks to be very close to 125"

Very close.  He green scored 121"!  I'm hoping to win the bow division of my rod and gun club annual contest.  The prize is $150 for best bow and best gun deer.  I killed a good buck from the same stand in 2007 that went 128" which was my personal best with the bow.  I'll post a pic of that one.

Mike

Offline upstatehunter

• 30 Point Buck
« Reply #16 on: Dec 10, 2010, 07:25:41 AM »
Very close!! Nice, I would hang onto the location of that stand!! LOL
Great deer, and a great season for a deserving man.

Offline ramrod

• 12 Pointer
« Reply #17 on: Dec 10, 2010, 07:46:27 AM »
congrats on the bowkilled beauty! i have the same problem when bowhunting. las yr i was hitting milkcaps at 30yds but missed the first 3 shots at deer. this yr i only missed once cuz it was the only shot opportunity i had all bow season. dont know y but its a totally diff rush when u hav a bow in your hands that i cant seem to control. glad u kept it together and made it count!

im not seeing the tom hanks thing either
If vegetarians love animals so much, why do they eat all their food?   

Offline upstatehunter

• 30 Point Buck
« Reply #18 on: Dec 10, 2010, 08:11:45 AM »
A lot of that has to do with the amount we shoot. I missed a few in the early 80's when I started. Then went a few years only wanting to shoot a buck with my bow, but joined a winter league, 3D league, and shot competitive as much as possible.
When I finally decided to just shoot what was presented to me, the deer were falling like crazy. But I moved, and from different reasons I stopped shooting a lot.(one was my shooting mentor passed away from lung cancer) Though to some I still shoot quite a bit. But I started either missing or wounding again.
This post actually started the thought process that I need to shoot more. Both target and 3D. So next spring I'll be looking for shoots to go to. I'm going to call today to ask about a winter league. Thanks guys, and hope you never lose that excitement that bowhunting provides. We all just need to practice enough so our brain turns off at the shot, and we can control those emotions. ;D

Offline jager61

• Forked
  • Waidmannsheil!
« Reply #19 on: Dec 10, 2010, 08:00:17 PM »
Very close.  He green scored 121"!  I'm hoping to win the bow division of my rod and gun club annual contest.  The prize is $150 for best bow and best gun deer.  I killed a good buck from the same stand in 2007 that went 128" which was my personal best with the bow.  I'll post a pic of that one.

Mike

Here's my PB bow kill from 2007, same stand as this years 10 pt.  As usual, I freaked and spined him and then had to shoot him 2 more times but I got him!

Same stand, last year!  Note the exit hole where I shot him IN FRONT of the shoulder!  He went 1/2 mile before he ran out of gas and as usual had to put another arrow into him! 

Lastly, a 10 pt. from the stand I got the Old Man from this year in 2008! This one was a rare one shot kill!

Hope you enjoy the pics and good luck to everyone with the MZ Loader/Late Bow Season!

Mike

Offline Deposit

• 12 Pointer
« Reply #20 on: Dec 10, 2010, 08:36:50 PM »
Wow all good bucks jigger!

Offline upstatehunter

• 30 Point Buck
« Reply #21 on: Dec 12, 2010, 06:25:09 PM »
Boy sure doesn't look like you choke to badly... ::) LOL  No one cares how many shots, when your counting inches of antler!!
Great deer, Take those stand sites to your grave...or maybe since you have two, a friend could sit in one while you were in the other..... ;D

Offline jager61

• Forked
  • Waidmannsheil!
« Reply #22 on: Dec 12, 2010, 08:03:42 PM »
Yeah my spots are priceless to me.  Two of my hunting areas I have had since the early 90's and I do the right thing to keep them i.e.) Christmas gifts, steaks/burgers/pepperoni for homeowners, home repairs etc.  Hunting access is almost impossible in Westchester due in part to competition and a general biased attitude towards hunting.  I'm always prospecting for new leads.  The homeowners either hate the deer due to the shrub damage and MVA accidents or they are bleeding heart PETA types and would rather see you fall out of your treestand before "harming" a deer.  The one I really love is " I don't want my kids to get shot with an arrow" excuse for denying permission! 

Mike

Offline upstatehunter

• 30 Point Buck
« Reply #23 on: Dec 12, 2010, 08:58:00 PM »
Do you ask those who don't want the kids shot with an arrow if the kids are over 100lbs. You know us bowhunters only shoot kids over 100lbs. Not worth the effort if they aren't.......... ::)
Makes me wonder how these people have the jobs they do and make the money they do.

Offline gdominy12

• Forked
  • Hunting is a way of life..
« Reply #24 on: Dec 13, 2010, 12:03:34 PM »
great bucks. would love to stick a big one with my arrows up north someday.

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal