Author Topic: Stay Safe, Shoot Straight, Have Success  (Read 1097 times)

Offline deerme117

• 6 Pointer
Stay Safe, Shoot Straight, Have Success
« on: Nov 17, 2010, 07:09:18 PM »
Leaving for deer camp on Thursday, November 18, 2010 in New York. I wish my fellow hunters a safe and successful hunting season. Stay safe, shoot straight, hopefully we will have success. The most important thing is to have fun with your family and friends. I have been deer hunting since 1971 and I am no longer able to hunt with my father, 2 brothers, and 1 great friend due to their passing away. They are still hunting with me as there are now sitting spots (Rocks, Trees, Ridges) named for them. I am now hunting with my son, my great friends son and grandson, their friends, and new hunting friends I have made. Hunting is about memories made and memories to be made. Over the years I have been fortunate to have wall hangers of 2 eight-pointers, and 1 ten pointer, my great friend had 1 six pointer, and 1 eight pointer, his son has 1 eight pointer, last year one of my new friends got a 8 point wall hanger. To this day I would not trade any of the above hunting memories with the above people, and I am looking forward to new memories to be made. Again shoot straight, have success, hunt safe, and have fun.

GO TEAM SOUTH

Offline Raquettedacker

• Cactus Buck
Re: Stay Safe, Shoot Straight, Have Success
« Reply #1 on: Nov 17, 2010, 08:13:11 PM »
Have a great time...  Good luck to you and all at your camp......
"Dying is the easy part. Learning how to live is the hard part..."

Offline upstatehunter

• 30 Point Buck
« Reply #2 on: Nov 17, 2010, 08:43:58 PM »
Hope your time is filled with new great memories to go with all the ones with your friends and family that aren't with us anymore.
Good luck and be safe.

Offline Deposit

• 12 Pointer
« Reply #3 on: Nov 18, 2010, 05:07:28 AM »
Good luck, good hunting, and be safe at camp.

Offline jman22

• Spiked
« Reply #4 on: Nov 18, 2010, 09:36:15 AM »
Best of luck to everyone! Stay safe and make some great memories. Can't wait to see all the new pics after the weekend.

FrankM

« Reply #5 on: Nov 18, 2010, 11:15:06 AM »
Good luck to all. go team south!!  As for memories I have been writing mine down in notebooks for the past 15 or so years.  I wish I would have started doing it back in '73 when I first started deer hunting. 

Offline FACINGIANTS

• Nubbie
« Reply #6 on: Nov 18, 2010, 07:23:20 PM »
Sometimes I think its easy to get caught up in all the hype and forget that hunting is really about the memories and the meat.  We have made it about big racks, which don't get me wrong I like em, but we should all stop for a minute and just be thankful that we have the ability and health to enjoy another season in the deer woods.

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal