Author Topic: 2008 season wrap up  (Read 1934 times)

Offline TR19

• 8 Pointer
2008 season wrap up
« on: Dec 08, 2008, 08:33:28 AM »
Well the 2008 season came to an end for our group yesterday. All in all it was a good and bad season. We took 4 bucks, passed up another 3 but saw way fewer deer this season than normal. 4 of us hunting together this year.

Offline Shed94

• 6 Pointer
  • 24/7 Antlerman
    • Shed Antler Nation
Re: 2008 season wrap up
« Reply #1 on: Dec 08, 2008, 04:20:06 PM »
Congrats to you guys!

I also seen the fewest deer ever during our shotgun season.
Antlers ~ N ~ Artifacts

Offline joe snag

• Non-typical 13 Pointer
  • I will Stand and Salute the American Flag always
« Reply #2 on: Dec 09, 2008, 06:16:55 PM »
I've seen fewer too,i hunted every weekend exept 2 sundays,,and almost every day after work  till dark--seen 5 bucks, about 12 doe and about 5 not sure what they were--but had a great time,,still a few day left here in 5j--looking for the big one ¿

Offline Deposit

• 12 Pointer
« Reply #3 on: Dec 09, 2008, 06:58:02 PM »
thats mor than I have seen. Absolutly no deer durning bow season. Got lucky with the 7 point and doe I got during regular season. Those were the only deer I have see all season. Still...I have the weekend left for muzzle

halfrack33

« Reply #4 on: Dec 09, 2008, 07:44:28 PM »
population was about the same where i was this year and by the looks of all the fawns, next year will be booming. saw countless doe and 5 different bucks several times but only one worth shooting. shot a doe sept 27 first day of early bow then passed on about 20 does and 2 small bucks during bow and early muzzleloader. seemed like as the season went on i saw less and less. let small bucks go all year long then finnally shot a respectable buck today with the T/C from about 50 yards. his neck was still swollen and tarsels were stinky and he has a doe with him. still have one doe tag ill try to fill on either fri or sat. learned soooo much this year and glad it ended like it did, even though its not over yet. now time for salmon fishing till lake george freezes then some coyote hunting and ice fishig before i move away end of january  :-\

upstatehunter

« Reply #5 on: Dec 10, 2008, 04:54:28 AM »
We saw more bucks than doe's this year. I recorded 6 different bucks, spike to 8point. Saw maybe five doe's, mostly smaller. Tyler had the four buck encounter in bow season, missed what I think was the one the sister in law shot. Then shot his big doe.
Talked to another guy last night, they took a six from there. The guy sneaking in on us shot a four point right behind my mothers. All in all so far it's been great. Friend of mine, his son is 15 took his first this year, 3point. (he shot a nice 8). My brother shot one on his dmp, ended a 7 year drought. I had allot of fun sharing all of our experiences here with you people.
Great site with great people, thanks.

Offline pooley

• 6 Pointer
  • don't shoot the 2 legged dear!
« Reply #6 on: Dec 10, 2008, 05:48:51 AM »
a few more days left, then it's over till next year.

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal