MHF US Northeast > Hunting Maryland

Tagged Out

(1/3) > >>

hesseltine32:
Tuesday night I finally got an encounter with this 10. He came in at 4 and gave me a quartering too shot at 23 yards.

He ran hard 100 yards then stopped and a second later I thought I heard him falling over but just after that I catch a glimpse of a deers ass crossing the creek there.

I sat in the stand another hour then climbed down to check my arrow it looked good but one side had a little stomach matter on it. So I snuck out and waited till morning to look for him.

While waiting to climb down had a parade  of does cruise down the creek along with this nice 7 pointer.

When I went back the next morning there was good blood for the first few bounds then just small specks. I walked up to where I thought I heard him fall last night and there he was. Guess I should have just checked that night but the last thing I wanted to do was bump a deer hit back. Ended up being a good hit just clipped the stomach when it exited and that plugged the exit hole.

aquaassassin:
Congratulations! When in doubt back out! It’s never failed me. Phenomenal Main beams in that stud. Congrats again

hunts2long:
Congrats, a very nice buck...h2l

Raquettedacker:
Congratulations Cody..👍

hesseltine32:

--- Quote from: aquaassassin on Nov 11, 2022, 03:42:46 AM ---Congratulations! When in doubt back out! It’s never failed me. Phenomenal Main beams in that stud. Congrats again

--- End quote ---

Thanks yeah longest beams on a buck Iv killed just grow straight out no curve. Both 24 and change.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version