Author Topic: Felt like hunting in Florida!!  (Read 6637 times)

Offline lv2hunt

• 6 Pointer
Felt like hunting in Florida!!
« on: Nov 07, 2022, 07:49:45 AM »
Well it was a brutal weekend with Temps in the high 70's nothing really moving. We were going to call it a day and this guy showed up he mulled around about 75yds off in a thicket for way to long. Had a small window in the scrub that he unfortunately did not stay out of.

Offline Raquettedacker

• Cactus Buck
Re: Felt like hunting in Florida!!
« Reply #1 on: Nov 07, 2022, 08:41:13 AM »
Great job l2h congratulations.👍👍
"Dying is the easy part. Learning how to live is the hard part..."

Offline hunts2long

• 12 Pointer
  • Northville,NY
« Reply #2 on: Nov 07, 2022, 08:56:37 AM »
Congrat, nice WARM weather buck...h2l
Some days are diamonds some days are stone

Offline tubeslinger

• 8 Pointer
« Reply #3 on: Nov 07, 2022, 10:50:14 AM »
Awesome congrats! This weather is just ridiculous.

Offline aquaassassin

• 30 Point Buck
  • AIM SMALL... MISS SMALL
« Reply #4 on: Nov 07, 2022, 02:03:21 PM »
Nice job buddy! This weather is Bullshit, I messed up taking this week off.

Had a hammer 10 pt come I. Night before trick or treating with the kids with no shot and all little basket bucks since.

Congratulations!
It's not being cocky if you can back it up!

Offline hesseltine32

• 12 Pointer
  • Run and Gun
« Reply #5 on: Nov 07, 2022, 02:03:55 PM »
Congrats. Not been the best hunting weather things are about to change though.

Offline benny8

• Forked
« Reply #6 on: Nov 08, 2022, 03:25:46 AM »
Congrats! Definitely a warm one this weekend.

Offline swnoel

• 6 Pointer
« Reply #7 on: Nov 08, 2022, 07:39:01 AM »
Nice! The weather sure has sucked , but the bucks don't seem to care. The one I took yesterday I watched for nearly an hour and a half before a shot presented itself. Good luck to all and enjoy the cooler temps on the way!

Offline aquaassassin

• 30 Point Buck
« Reply #8 on: Nov 08, 2022, 10:16:38 AM »
Nice! The weather sure has sucked , but the bucks don't seem to care. The one I took yesterday I watched for nearly an hour and a half before a shot presented itself. Good luck to all and enjoy the cooler temps on the way!

Congrats Steve! What did you get? Oddly enough after thinking about it I’m thinking you and I are possibly hunting some of the same deer. The hammer 10 I couldn’t get hairs on last Saturday is not far as the crow flies even though I’m on the other side of the river. It’s only waist deep anyhow

Offline Adrock

• 6 Pointer
« Reply #9 on: Nov 09, 2022, 10:56:33 AM »
Congrats on the Buck!

Offline swnoel

• 6 Pointer
« Reply #10 on: Nov 12, 2022, 08:49:04 AM »

Congrats Steve! What did you get? Oddly enough after thinking about it I’m thinking you and I are possibly hunting some of the same deer. The hammer 10 I couldn’t get hairs on last Saturday is not far as the crow flies even though I’m on the other side of the river. It’s only waist deep anyhow

I got a 3 point and 6 point. The one I would like to get is certainly a monster and there is no doubt we hunt the same deer on different sides of the river! There's a nice 8 running around too. Someone killed a nice 6pt and it died in the field across from the white church. Could have been poached there though! I heard it was shot by a bow but I don't really know. Good luck!
« Last Edit: Nov 12, 2022, 08:49:49 AM by swnoel »

Offline aquaassassin

• 30 Point Buck
« Reply #11 on: Nov 12, 2022, 08:52:32 AM »

I got a 3 point and 5 point. The one I would like to get is certainly a monster and there is no doubt we hunt the same deer on different sides of the river! There's a nice 8 running around too. Someone killed a nice 6pt and it died in the field across from the white church. Could have been poached there though! I heard it was shot by a bow but I don't really know. Good luck!

So the 6 pt. Is how I came to the conclusion because I have him on camera many times. My wife showed it to me from her Facebook she recognized him, we knew the deer well. I own just a tad north on the opposite side if you have a cell number PM it to me I’ll send you some pics of the deer here some are unreal

Offline swnoel

• 6 Pointer
« Reply #12 on: Nov 12, 2022, 11:10:54 AM »
I have a buddy that used to hunt the NH side of the river and he always shot a monster. The problem on my side is those that hunt around here only push the big bucks across the river or entirely out of the area and then they become nocturnal. It's usually pretty good till regular firearm season starts.

Offline Huntnfish603

• 6 Pointer
« Reply #13 on: Nov 15, 2022, 04:54:44 PM »
Nice job L2H! Way to make the best of the weather. Man that was quite a long heatwave we had, for November WTF. I blew all my Vaca time hunting in 60-70°. So I hear ya with the Florida weather. Atleast we finally got some cold weather.
Been quite a rough season here, that's for sure. Between some long term pain issues and lack of buck activity. Got a few in the freezer but I'm just not seeing the bucks like usual, since a few missed opportunities in September. Something's off...or I'm off this year,  one or the other..lol
I know no one in my circle has taken anything bigger than a 6. Very Weird.
I don't know if this has happened to more people than ever this year either, but I've had my spots blown by other ignorant hunters more than I can ever remember. 3 of my sets that I've had for 15 years in the same location, I had guys hang stands within 40- 80 yards(one of them on my property line) And cameras 30 yards from my cameras. Then they cross in front of me, even when they see me there. I just don't get what's happening to this world. Words have been spoken in the woods, that's where I'll leave that.
Anyway, trying to make the next few weekends count,  then I'm out for back surgery.
Enjoy the rest of the season fellas. Let's see some stud pics.

Offline aquaassassin

• 30 Point Buck
« Reply #14 on: Nov 16, 2022, 05:04:13 AM »
Yep it’s brutal here now, I am actively looking for that dirty L word now, LEASES. You cannot target larger mature deer when you have 4 guys running  through the chunk each night turning everything nocturnal and shooting any deer they see. You can’t shoot tomorrows giants today. Folks don’t get it though because they are still seeing and taking deer, it’s just nothing I’d want. If I can find a lease and manage what gets taken and whos in it things would be much better

Having said that if anyone has a chunk of land, doesn’t haveto be big, within 20-30 mins of Rochester, NH area give me a shout.
« Last Edit: Nov 16, 2022, 05:05:06 AM by aquaassassin »

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal