Author Topic: 200 lb. PATCH ACCOMPLISHED! (PICS ADDED)  (Read 42061 times)

Offline aquaassassin

• 30 Point Buck
  • AIM SMALL... MISS SMALL
200 lb. PATCH ACCOMPLISHED! (PICS ADDED)
« on: Oct 30, 2012, 09:07:16 PM »
I went out this afternoon in the downpouring rain, thunder and lightning and all. I was in a new piece in So. Maine I had never hunted. I set out not to far from the truck because it was 68 degrees :o. I had been telling my buddies someone is gonna smoke a GIANT in this hurricane. I found a steep ridge with a flat bottom above a creek loaded with beech and Oaks. Perfect funnel could see 4 rubs from where I sat. Sat for 2 hrs. grunting hard with no action, when the next downpour started I got up and still hunted across the creek into a old clear cut of slash and sat til about a half hr. before dark. Grunting hard still with no action so on the next  downpour I headed back down into the ravine just before dark. I started grunting while standing against a small tree and heard a branch RIGHT BEHIND ME. I turned around and just saw a massive body going behind a Hemlock at about 10 yards. I raised my Ruger Compact .308 and waited for him to go around the tree. When he did all I could see was huge rack I clicked off the safety and fired at 5 YARDS! I couldn't even jack in another shell I could only drop to the ground he was coming right at me and at the last second he veered off to my left and piled up in the creek. When I walked up to him I knew right away I GOT MY 200 LB. PATCH ;D. I had a horrific drag ahead of me up that ravine on the wet leaves, I gutted him in the middle of a downpour with a flashlight in my mouth and loved every minute of it. Pics will be up tomorrow  203 LB. dressed 8pt. biggest main beams and g3's I have ever seen! Scored 137 inches! I am so jacked up to get my patch I have come close so many times.  ;D Pics tomorrow! Absolute STUD 8)

« Last Edit: Oct 31, 2012, 05:40:16 PM by aquaassassin »
It's not being cocky if you can back it up!

Offline jlaclair

• 12 Pointer
  • get closer to the woodland critters
Re: 200 lb. PATCH ACCOMPLISHED!
« Reply #1 on: Oct 30, 2012, 09:10:24 PM »
I went out this afternoon in the downpouring rain, thunder and lightning and all. I was in a new piece in So. Maine I had never hunted. I set out not to far from the truck because it was 68 degrees :o. I had been telling my buddies someone is gonna smoke a GIANT in this hurricane. I found a steep ridge with a flat bottom above a creek loaded with beech and Oaks. Perfect funnel could see 4 rubs from where I sat. Sat for 2 hrs. grunting hard with no action, when the next downpour started I got up and still hunted across the creek into a old clear cut of slash and sat til about a half hr. before dark. Grunting hard still with no action so on the next  downpour I headed back down into the ravine just before dark. I started grunting while standing against a small tree and heard a branch RIGHT BEHIND ME. I turned around and just saw a massive body going behind a Hemlock at about 10 yards. I raised my Ruger Compact .308 and waited for him to go around the tree. When he did all I could see was huge rack I clicked off the safety and fired at 5 YARDS! I couldn't even jack in another shell I could only drop to the ground he was coming right at me and at the last second he veered off to my left and piled up in the creek. When I walked up to him I knew right away I GOT MY 200 LB. PATCH ;D. I had a horrific drag ahead of me up that ravine on the wet leaves, I gutted him in the middle of a downpour with a flashlight in my mouth and loved every minute of it. Pics will be up tomorrow  203 LB. dressed 8pt. biggest main beams and g3's I have ever seen! I am so jacked up to get my patch I have come close so many times.  ;D Pics tomorrow! Absolute STUD 8)

WAY TO GOOO MAN!!! AWESOME STORY!!! cant wait to see this beast, congrats, happy for you!
Take a Kid outside...

Offline loonyone

• Non-typical 13 Pointer
« Reply #2 on: Oct 30, 2012, 09:10:45 PM »
way to go aqua........he ways more than you do......sounds like a adventure I would love to be on with you......glad you got your patchy deer......way to go and can not wait for the pics.....hurry up and show us

Offline huntny30

• Non-typical 13 Pointer
« Reply #3 on: Oct 30, 2012, 09:18:20 PM »
You are on fire Bud...very happy for you cannot wait to see pics...!!!!
"Life is tough, but it's tougher when you're stupid."
John Wayne

Offline huntny30

• Non-typical 13 Pointer
« Reply #4 on: Oct 30, 2012, 09:22:55 PM »
I'm waiting for a text... 8)
John Wayne

Offline jlaclair

• 12 Pointer
  • get closer to the woodland critters
« Reply #5 on: Oct 30, 2012, 09:25:52 PM »
I'm waiting for a text... 8)

wish I was that special  ;D
Take a Kid outside...

Offline drobertsinMaryland

• 30 Point Buck
« Reply #6 on: Oct 30, 2012, 09:27:21 PM »
Awesome deal man congrats to you. I know you really wanted that patch bad. 8) Now quit teasing and get the damn pics up. ;D

Offline huntny30

• Non-typical 13 Pointer
« Reply #7 on: Oct 30, 2012, 09:29:41 PM »
He is a smasher!  Congrats...Can't wait to see the real good pics...Way to go Bud...Great deal!
John Wayne

Offline BIG NINE!!!

• 6 Pointer
« Reply #8 on: Oct 30, 2012, 09:32:10 PM »
Aqua,
Awesome story and great job!! I can't wait to see the pics!!

Congrats!
Later,
BIG NINE!!!

Offline stka

• 30 Point Buck
« Reply #9 on: Oct 30, 2012, 09:40:46 PM »
Congratulations, glad to hear he made the 200 mark.

Offline bikrsrule

• 6 Pointer
« Reply #10 on: Oct 30, 2012, 10:28:44 PM »
Congrats aqua, You were where you needed to be at the right time..

Offline 30-30

• 30 Point Buck
  • Hunt America
« Reply #11 on: Oct 30, 2012, 10:45:07 PM »

Congrats on the 200 lb patch, it's a great feeling. Maine does have some of the biggest! ;D

Offline upstatehunter

• 30 Point Buck
« Reply #12 on: Oct 30, 2012, 11:24:23 PM »
Way to go again!!! Glad ya got the patch buck!! Can't wait to see it!

Offline 200orbust

• Forked
« Reply #13 on: Oct 31, 2012, 03:51:39 AM »
Congratulations on the patch wear it proud!!!!

Offline bogmanjr

• 30 Point Buck
  • Amigo
« Reply #14 on: Oct 31, 2012, 04:07:37 AM »
Whatever.......He's ok I guess,  :P :P :P  Great buck Buddy, Did you trade the Wife for him?  ;D
" Those who forge their guns into plows will plow for those who did not " Thomas Jefferson.

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal