Author Topic: Rough day for my best buddy  (Read 10423 times)

Offline lewk24

• 10 Pointer
Re: Rough day for my best buddy
« Reply #75 on: Nov 02, 2011, 05:28:29 AM »
great story man. glad to hear Ruger made it through in the end. Thanks for sharing.

Luke

Offline hunts2long

• 12 Pointer
  • Northville,NY
« Reply #76 on: Nov 02, 2011, 06:10:21 AM »
Glad to hear Ruger is back in the field....hunts2long
Some days are diamonds some days are stone

Offline huntny30

• Non-typical 13 Pointer
« Reply #77 on: Nov 02, 2011, 07:13:18 AM »
Awesome...
"Life is tough, but it's tougher when you're stupid."
John Wayne

Offline OTIS

• 8 Pointer
« Reply #78 on: Nov 02, 2011, 08:00:06 AM »
Good to see Ruger back after the birds

Offline reeleyz

• 8 Pointer
« Reply #79 on: Nov 02, 2011, 11:14:50 AM »
NICE! Way to hunt em up Ruger!!!

Offline Spikehorn11

• 8 Pointer
« Reply #80 on: Nov 02, 2011, 03:21:12 PM »
Wow nice job!!! Where did you get into that many birds??

Offline mookie

• Non-typical 13 Pointer
  • Amigo
« Reply #81 on: Nov 03, 2011, 12:13:13 AM »
Hi! This is Ed's wife Lisa (yes I have officially hacked in...) and I just want to say THANK YOU to everyone on this thread soooooooooo much for all your support!  It is truely a miracle Ruger made it through all this (obviously we did not take any pics of the really grotesque 2 weeks there) and today he is getting his last laser treatment and the last of the staples and stitches come out.  He is officially BAAAAAAAACK!!!  And just as psychotically energetic as ever!  He doesn't even know anything ever happened to him or that he's slightly disfigured, he is just happy crazy quirky Ruger again, and his story could not have possibly had a better outcome. 

Looking forward to meeting lots of you at this (middle of winter, very cold, you are all nuts) extravaganza thingamajigger.  (esp. huntNY30's wife, who I heard was asking for updates on Ruger, thank you)   Lookin forward to meeting other wives of these fishing and hunting crazed men and swapping stories of their antics and lunacy.... 
I am entitled to possess technology equal to that of those who would threaten my liberties.  - "Wizzard of Bog"
  Hunting is a sport and supposed to be fun, and anything that takes that out of the equation I oppose with all of my being.

Offline Chucker

• 12 Pointer
« Reply #82 on: Nov 03, 2011, 06:27:08 AM »
Careful Ms. Mookie, you may become one of us/them, like MossyOakMom or camoedchick.   ;)

We're all glad to hear he's on the mend, and even better to hear that he's back on the birds!
I'm bound to stay where you sleep all day, Where they hung the jerk that invented work, in the Big Rock Candy Mountains.

Offline huntny30

• Non-typical 13 Pointer
« Reply #83 on: Nov 07, 2011, 07:47:01 PM »
Great now I have to ask my wife to go... :o :o :o :D ;D
"Life is tough, but it's tougher when you're stupid."
John Wayne

Offline bogmanjr

• 30 Point Buck
  • Amigo
« Reply #84 on: Nov 08, 2011, 05:53:32 PM »
Glad to hear from you Mrs Mookie. My better half will be there, she's almost as nut's as I am.  ::)
" Those who forge their guns into plows will plow for those who did not " Thomas Jefferson.

Offline aj454

• Forked
« Reply #85 on: Nov 09, 2011, 01:59:26 PM »
the bond between a dog and his or her owner is a in credable thing. Its amazing the love and respect we give to each other and how it melts your heart and saddens you when something happens to them. I'm thinking of my Shepard i had for 12 years and lost to cancer. My eyes are watering up thinking about it and that was 11 years ago.  it took me 5 years before i got another Shepard and he is 6 now will be 7 in February. I'm so glad for you and the Mrs. that you buddy is doing well. Broken hearts sometimes never mend because you always have those memories of your friend. Once again Mr. & Mrs Mookie god bless ruger and by the way my shepard's name is Luger meaning small German gun in German.    My best to you and your family.   aj454

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal