Author Topic: GREAT Bow Shop in ALbany Area ... new bow  (Read 7031 times)

Offline danpshack

• Nubbie
Re: GREAT Bow Shop in ALbany Area ... new bow
« Reply #15 on: Aug 24, 2011, 01:33:51 PM »
Martin makes an awsome bow..good luck for the season opener.

Offline hookon

• Nubbie
« Reply #16 on: Aug 24, 2011, 02:02:11 PM »
Colonie there's one. havac archery ask for mark he's been doing it for awhile with a people skills

Offline stka

• 30 Point Buck
« Reply #17 on: Aug 24, 2011, 02:14:51 PM »
Havoc was Lemmes. I was there yesterday, seemed like nice guys that knew what they were doing. I was there for over an hour kicking tires and the manager was even swapping cams out on bows for me to try different draw lengths on the same bow. I couldn't have asked for better service and attention, and I hadn't given them a dime yet.

Offline stka

• 30 Point Buck
« Reply #18 on: Aug 24, 2011, 03:15:40 PM »
Got the call with the numbers I was looking for. I'll own a new bow tonight ;D

Offline Stuck-on-Seven

• 10 Pointer
« Reply #19 on: Aug 26, 2011, 06:15:27 PM »
Yea I give all my business to havoc. Good guys that know what they're doing. I shoot techno down there quite a bit. Also their sister store Oakwood trading post is really nice in troy. Not much for archery yet but they have a real nice gun store. Archery section is Mathews only but i know the manager over there pretty well and he's a real good guy to deal with.

Offline Step2Jimi

• 6 Pointer
« Reply #20 on: Aug 28, 2011, 08:58:02 AM »
Two seasons ago my buddy brought his bow to havoc for a new string, sight, and arrows. It was a wed when we brought the bow to the shop and the guy said the bow would be ready on monday. Well we go in to get it monday evening and its not done. No biggie. Then on tuesday when he calls and hears tomorrow. Ok so we go in and pick it up on wed and when we get there the place is packed. My buddy asks if he can shoot it before he leaves and the guy rolls his eyes and sais man were pretty busy right now. Not to go to much further on my buddy because i still have my experience when he finally shoots it he draws and arrow falls off.....too short. So then last year i want new peep arrows etc. The guy at havoc takes 2 days longer then he said again and when i draw the bow back the peep turns and i cant see. On the first draw. So i tell him and he sais just twist the peep to compinsate before you draw. I said are you ******* kidding me fix it or im not paying a dime. Left with my arrows and my peep that still isnt right`. Now i have heard of a number of peoplle who love that place wich me leads me to believe that i come in and im young and dont know everything there is to know about bows so they dont take as good of care tofo me as theyh would some of you guys out there who know a little more then i do.

Offline stka

• 30 Point Buck
« Reply #21 on: Aug 28, 2011, 09:04:03 AM »
What time of year were you in there? You really can't expect any bow shop to do much for you right before the season opens.

Offline ship of fools

• 8 Pointer
« Reply #22 on: Aug 28, 2011, 09:21:12 AM »
Two seasons ago my buddy brought his bow to havoc for a new string, sight, and arrows. It was a wed when we brought the bow to the shop and the guy said the bow would be ready on monday. Well we go in to get it monday evening and its not done. No biggie. Then on tuesday when he calls and hears tomorrow. Ok so we go in and pick it up on wed and when we get there the place is packed. My buddy asks if he can shoot it before he leaves and the guy rolls his eyes and sais man were pretty busy right now. Not to go to much further on my buddy because i still have my experience when he finally shoots it he draws and arrow falls off.....too short. So then last year i want new peep arrows etc. The guy at havoc takes 2 days longer then he said again and when i draw the bow back the peep turns and i cant see. On the first draw. So i tell him and he sais just twist the peep to compinsate before you draw. I said are you ******* kidding me fix it or im not paying a dime. Left with my arrows and my peep that still isnt right`. Now i have heard of a number of peoplle who love that place wich me leads me to believe that i come in and im young and dont know everything there is to know about bows so they dont take as good of care tofo me as theyh would some of you guys out there who know a little more then i do.

Adam - call Joe at point blank .......  this is the sort of problem he will fix for you  ... it's a little bit of a ride but well worth it ... pm me if you need the number

Offline drobertsinMaryland

• 30 Point Buck
« Reply #23 on: Aug 28, 2011, 09:43:57 AM »
I know how that feels, main reason I started working on my own stuff.

Offline hookon

• Nubbie
« Reply #24 on: Aug 28, 2011, 10:29:39 AM »
I
havac has changed owners it was lemmes andthere are some new faces that care about there customers. I had the same problem there's couple of years ago.

Offline Step2Jimi

• 6 Pointer
« Reply #25 on: Aug 28, 2011, 10:43:41 AM »
i liked lemmes. this was after it was havoc. the younger guy that is there is a little better to deal with but the older guy always talks to me like i should be there with my parents. im 26 years old and though i dont know it all when it comes to bows and or hunting but i know a lot. and dont like being treated like a child.

Offline Step2Jimi

• 6 Pointer
« Reply #26 on: Aug 28, 2011, 10:50:48 AM »
i can expext any shop no matter what the industry to do what they say the will. if they were too busy to do it right they shouldnt have done it all. not trying to be disrespectful in any way stka but iv heard that from a lot of people, about how busy these shops are right before the season. i understand that but if they say they are going to do something they should do it. would it be ok if when it came time to pay i said heres half for the half a$$ed job you did sorry its my slow time at my shop.

Offline stka

• 30 Point Buck
« Reply #27 on: Aug 28, 2011, 11:06:58 AM »
I'm not trying to justifying their poor service, they were definitely wrong. I was in there a year or so ago and wasn't impressed with the guys I talked to, but this time there were different guys working and the two I dealt with were really good. I did have to spend a fair amount of time waiting, but with the amount of stuff going on I didn't mind. How much you do or don't know about bows shouldn't make a difference. I'm no expert myself and had to ask some really basic questions about the Z7. They should want to spend more time with you if you're less experienced. I would suggest giving them one more chance, see if they've improved in your opinion. After the last time I was there I had no intention of buying the bow there, but after spending time with the guys there now I did a 180* on my opinion.

Offline hookon

• Nubbie
« Reply #28 on: Aug 28, 2011, 11:14:45 AM »
That's funny I had the total opposite problemwith lemmes.and I had worked in two shops so when I left  there I said would never go back again. When they changed I went in there and had the same problem with him

Offline ship of fools

• 8 Pointer
« Reply #29 on: Aug 28, 2011, 12:48:04 PM »
Any place is as good as the employee you deal with .....  it's the owners who make sure all employees know they need to provide good service that do well  ;)

Adam .... i just PM'd you the info but i figured i would post it here as well

Point Blank Range - owner is Joe ..  # is 518-875-6591

you wont be disappointed... he is knowledgable and cares about his customers  8)

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal