Author Topic: Winter Bow Practice  (Read 7210 times)

Offline upstatehunter

• 30 Point Buck
Re: Winter Bow Practice
« Reply #60 on: Mar 17, 2011, 07:58:51 PM »
They have always been super tough bows. Like Bear.  I've never had one go out of a tree...(knocking on the desk)
Did drop a brand new thermos one morning. Swore out load too....had three doe come to me about 5 minutes later.
Go figure, couldn't even have a cup to calm my nerves after the shot... ;D

Offline stka

• 30 Point Buck
« Reply #61 on: Mar 17, 2011, 08:14:38 PM »
It was probably made after they were strengthened, but I was shooting a 3D buck out of a buddy stand with the Z-Max and had the cam slam into the arm rail. It actually didn't do as much damage as I would have expected, maybe because I don't hold the bow tight and it was able to bounce. Ruined the cam, but the cable didn't even come off. Bow hunters plus was the only place that had one on hand, the bow tech was great mounted the cam and went over the whole bow for less money than I could find one online. I dropped my bow once as well, now I only tie knots and double test them before I rely on them. I'm waiting to get my finances sorted out, then I'll be shopping for the new bow. I'm interested in looking at Hoyts carbon fiber, but the weight difference isn't much compared to the new Mathews. Looks like one more day of ice fishing at my brothers this weekend, then the ice gear gets put away.

Offline upstatehunter

• 30 Point Buck
« Reply #62 on: Mar 17, 2011, 08:31:11 PM »
Was when they went to the Switchback (DX) model. The edges of the cam felt like they would cut you they were so thin.

I've been getting asked to go one last time this weekend. Tried the fish finder I thought was toast again...It works.. ;D
So might go try to jig a laker....As opposed to the laker jig for ST. Patty's day... ;)

Offline joe snag

• Non-typical 13 Pointer
  • I will Stand and Salute the American Flag always
« Reply #63 on: Apr 10, 2011, 06:19:57 AM »
Headhunter--did you go to the banquet??I won a gift certificate and a turkey huinting hat in the balloon shoot----great food andf fun shoot we had there,,

Offline ssminnow

• 6 Pointer
« Reply #64 on: Apr 17, 2011, 05:44:49 PM »
I actually do not find them to be very friendly at Bowhunters.  I have been in there and stood there for 20 minutes and still had nobody acknowledge me.  I have also had arrows fletched there and had the fletchings fall of in mid air on every arrow.  Three times until I stopped wasting my gas to go there to get them done.  My cousin and my buddy had the same problem.  They do not take their time cleaning them or do not use enuf glue?  I spent $1400 in there 2 years ago on a mathews bow and love it,  but will definetly not buy arrows or get arrows fletched there again.  I shot at a 6 point last year with one of their fletched arrows and had a fletching come off in mid flight.  That was when I had them all redone by someone who does it right.  The 3D range is awesome and the screen is fun though. 

Offline major257

• Forked
« Reply #65 on: Apr 22, 2011, 08:51:37 AM »
Just traded in my Dren for a Z7 X there last month and they could not of been more helpful. Dennis set up 2 different bows for me to shoot and let me shoot as much as I wanted to make up my mind. No pressure to buy new sights or rest just put mine right on the new bow when I was ready. Both times I was in there they were busy but that is to be expected if guys are traveling over an hour from any direction to get there. I haven't bought any arrows from them so I can't comment on that but the service I have gotten from them has been great.

Offline ssminnow

• 6 Pointer
« Reply #66 on: Apr 22, 2011, 07:19:35 PM »
Just traded in my Dren for a Z7 X there last month and they could not of been more helpful. Dennis set up 2 different bows for me to shoot and let me shoot as much as I wanted to make up my mind. No pressure to buy new sights or rest just put mine right on the new bow when I was ready. Both times I was in there they were busy but that is to be expected if guys are traveling over an hour from any direction to get there. I haven't bought any arrows from them so I can't comment on that but the service I have gotten from them has been great.

they were great when I bought my bow also, but there have been times where they ignore me also.  stay away from their arrows,  nothing but problems.  i would highly recomend a bow from them because they do let you take all the time in the world to decide and do not try to talk you into anything you don't want or need.  they have a huge selection also.  my uncle went in to buy a bow last year and walked out because Dennis had a crappy attitude.  my uncle is left and/or right handed  and Dennis decided that my uncle didn't need to shoot a left handed bow because he was right handed.  my uncle left bowhunters and went the same day and bought a lefty bow somewhere else.  guess it is hit or miss with the service there.  when i bought my bow i think someone named Woody helped me and he was great.  stay away from the arrows for sure though.

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal