Author Topic: Deer sightings southern tier More or Less than 08 ???????  (Read 6911 times)

Offline stka

• 30 Point Buck
Re: Deer sightings southern tier More or Less than 08 ???????
« Reply #45 on: Dec 05, 2009, 07:34:02 PM »
Saw a "sputton" buck this morning (had little points like sharks teeth) and another(?) deer in 4J. Didn't see anything in the afternoon in 5R.

Offline iceplank

• 6 Pointer
« Reply #46 on: Dec 05, 2009, 07:58:10 PM »
yeah i hit northern part of 4j this morning .nothing. hitting another stand tomorrow. i am not in pinebush tomorrow but saw 2 pic yesterday o 130 plus class bucks wacked out there in october. gots my blood a boiling over bow only. my rublines have dried up but i know the big boys are around.2 week and a couple days....

Offline Stuck-on-Seven

• 10 Pointer
« Reply #47 on: Dec 06, 2009, 06:18:19 PM »
Saw 4 doe last night in the blizzard. Little too thick to shoot. Only saw 1 set of horns with the gun in about 20 times on stand. They're somewhere i just dont know where

Offline stka

• 30 Point Buck
« Reply #48 on: Dec 06, 2009, 06:46:46 PM »
Slept in this morning, saw nothing this afternoon not even a squirrel. Saw at least eight sets of tracks form over night around the edge of the field.

Offline Corporal Punishment

• 8 Pointer
« Reply #49 on: Dec 06, 2009, 06:53:42 PM »
They're somewhere i just dont know where

Someones freezer!!!! :-\

Offline rocky

• 6 Pointer
« Reply #50 on: Dec 06, 2009, 08:20:04 PM »
Well my sightings have gone way down.  The bow season was ok at best but the gun season this year is by far the worst.  I have only seen one deer since opening day of the southern gun season.  Walked the entire property today to see if i cold even find a fresh track in the snow and i did not even see a track.  This to me is very unusual and makes me wonder about how healthy the deer herd is in the area i hunt (7a).

Offline iceplank

• 6 Pointer
« Reply #51 on: Dec 07, 2009, 07:39:36 AM »
Bow hunted 4j both mornings over weekend. saw no deer but saw tracks in snow that indicated they where moving a little after dark.i found some scumbag took my trail markers out so i walked around and stunk up woods for 35 minutes until i found it. thenas i was leaving i found an arrow under my stand... tough enough sitting home with injured knee and newborn baby most of season but having some pig sitting in my stand i a paid for and put up and scouted ..... no wonder i did not see anything. to the guy who is a disrespectful pig in the woods around albany county airport, we will find you... hoping to see more deer this week and maybe catch a scumbag on camera and have a talk.taking tomorrow off and going to orange county looking for DMP camp meat, but wont pass on a good buck ;)

Offline mcully

• Forked
« Reply #52 on: Dec 09, 2009, 09:51:10 AM »
Deer might be coming out of shock a little. Saw a 6 point yesterday out walking at 3pm and many tracks on my way in that weren't in the snow Sunday when i walked out.

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal