Author Topic: Deer sightings southern tier More or Less than 08 ???????  (Read 6912 times)

Offline myemmy

• 8 Pointer
Deer sightings southern tier More or Less than 08 ???????
« on: Dec 01, 2009, 02:14:46 PM »
Hows everyones season going, ???? So far this season do you think or know that you saw more or less than last year .??????

Offline THEOZON

• 6 Pointer
Re: Deer sightings southern tier More or Less than 08 ???????
« Reply #1 on: Dec 01, 2009, 02:20:17 PM »
Seen 10 form Saturday thru Friday. Hunted every day. Got two could of had eight. Very little sign of Deer in woods.  ??? Cattaraugus County No Mast crop.

USE WHAT YA GOT TO GET WHAT YA NEED !

Offline stka

• 30 Point Buck
« Reply #2 on: Dec 01, 2009, 02:22:42 PM »
I'm hunting a different spot this year, but seems like the guys that hunt where I was past years aren't seeing as much. I think it's been to warm, hopefully this cold snap will get them moving earlier. I did see a decent buck near crossgates today around noon, the only decent buck I've seen since bow opened.

Offline Corporal Punishment

• 8 Pointer
« Reply #3 on: Dec 01, 2009, 02:36:53 PM »
Alot less deer in areas where people hunt this year,but still alot where ya cant/private!!!!Its because it forces doe tag holders to shoot/over kill hunting spots........ :-\

Offline iceplank

• 6 Pointer
« Reply #4 on: Dec 01, 2009, 08:46:16 PM »
I'm hunting a different spot this year, but seems like the guys that hunt where I was past years aren't seeing as much. I think it's been to warm, hopefully this cold snap will get them moving earlier. I did see a decent buck near crossgates today around noon, the only decent buck I've seen since bow opened.
they always move later around there, crossgates.. priceless. i got some sunburban standsthat are very close 2 shopping centers and industrial parks. aint no one hunting those areaa and not a lot of deer but some big older bucks just waiting for the masses to leave and for one of us to kill them. !!!! freakin nocturnal suburban deer.now is the time!!!

Offline Buckseeker

• 6 Pointer
« Reply #5 on: Dec 01, 2009, 08:51:19 PM »
way less for me this year than 08.  I think its the weather, but plenty o' season left!

Offline howesfc

• 8 Pointer
« Reply #6 on: Dec 01, 2009, 09:00:41 PM »
Last year I hunted 9P one week off no Deer this year I've hunted 8X and two Doe's in two weekends!
I was a Soldier I am a Soldier I will always be a Soldier. 11B40 Scout NYARNG RET.

Offline huntny30

• Non-typical 13 Pointer
« Reply #7 on: Dec 02, 2009, 06:21:16 AM »
more than 2008 only because I hunted more, but way less than years prior to that...Does are harder to find than the 30 point buck...I think they are all gone...what is the best way to cook a DMP tag?  Any recipes?
"Life is tough, but it's tougher when you're stupid."
John Wayne

Offline iceplank

• 6 Pointer
« Reply #8 on: Dec 02, 2009, 07:36:30 AM »
i hunted way less this year being a new parent and kid being born on opening day of bow( about 30 hours total in south) and 25 north rifle which does not count...but in addition to hunting  4j which has not been the same since 2002 i moved down to 3m this year. last year i saw about 11 deer in 4j with a look at one huge buck in about 90 hours. i saw at least 6 deer every time down in 3m and on nov 20 i saw 11. i guessed about 21 different deer in 3 half day hunts and one full day down there. cant imagine what it would have been like if the temps where not like summertime

Offline stka

• 30 Point Buck
« Reply #9 on: Dec 02, 2009, 07:45:32 AM »
This weekend looks promising with highs in the 30's both Saturday and Sunday here in capital land. Hope this gets them moving, a little snow would be nice, but I'd rather have none than too much.

Offline venisonman

• 6 Pointer
« Reply #10 on: Dec 02, 2009, 08:21:44 AM »
Hunt 9P. Seeing way more this year, same amount of time in woods.
Genesis 9:2 The fear and dread of you will fall upon all the beasts of the earth and the birds of the air, upon every creature that moves along the ground, and upon all the fish of the sea, they are given into your hands.

Offline deebsey

• Nubbie
« Reply #11 on: Dec 02, 2009, 08:57:43 AM »
Hunt steuben county and hunted just about the whole opening week seen more deer the first 3 hours than  I have seen since.  Seems they are not moving, I know they are there it has been warm but not hot.  I hunt private land with food plots and we just sit in stands.  Doesn't seem to be much pressure anywhere, drove by numerous patches of state land and no cars.....Maybe due to our wounderful governor increaseing the cost of a licence.....

Offline Corporal Punishment

• 8 Pointer
« Reply #12 on: Dec 02, 2009, 09:17:11 AM »
Hunt steuben county and hunted just about the whole opening week seen more deer the first 3 hours than  I have seen since.  Seems they are not moving, I know they are there it has been warm but not hot.  I hunt private land with food plots and we just sit in stands.  Doesn't seem to be much pressure anywhere, drove by numerous patches of state land and no cars.....Maybe due to our wounderful governor increaseing the cost of a licence.....

Yep there hunkered down/nocturnal right now,they did feel the hunting pressure a little this year,more in some areas.Next week is when the big ones might let there guard down.Lotta movement on trail cam,only 2 small bucks though regularly now no big ones,cant be all dead if these 2 small ones outsmarted them so far.... :-\

Offline pyle

• Forked
« Reply #13 on: Dec 02, 2009, 10:01:57 AM »
I hunt 8T and have put in 7 FULL days(for gun) and have seen 5. 5 LITTLE DOES. Shot one,which I regret cause I didnt think it was that small. My mistake. ::) 2 others in my camp have seen a total of 3 all together. 3 of which were the same ones I saw running threw an open field. Even the surrounding neighbors aren't seeing much. Lots of yearlings. All the big ones are either not moving or went nocturnial(sp). If it was easy everyone would be out there...

Still alot of time left so we'll see if it picks up. ;)
« Last Edit: Dec 03, 2009, 10:02:36 AM by pyle »

FrankM

« Reply #14 on: Dec 02, 2009, 11:24:10 AM »
I hunt 9X and deer sightings are way down for me.

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal