Author Topic: S. Zone Bow  (Read 7305 times)

Offline webs820

• Spiked
Re: S. Zone Bow
« Reply #30 on: Oct 24, 2008, 09:33:11 PM »
Skipped out of work early today...got in the stand around 2...3 does came by at 6pm.... was able to harvest a nice doe.  now i get to sleep in tomorrow.

Offline stka

• 30 Point Buck
« Reply #31 on: Oct 27, 2008, 08:09:08 AM »
The deer were feeding like crazy saturday morning. Got a 1.5yr old 5pt. While I was looking for him I walked up to a nice buck standing 30yds away, go figure. I would have never seen him from the stand I was in though. I wound up seeing 5+ deer by 8:30am. At least my freezer isn't empty again this year. I've been trying to shoot a doe and haven't seen one close yet, how often does that happen?

FrankM

« Reply #32 on: Oct 27, 2008, 11:21:52 AM »
I've been trying to shoot a doe and haven't seen one close yet, how often does that happen?
It happens quite often to me.  To date I have shot 5 bucks and 2 does with a bow.  I would like to shoot a doe just as much as a buck but I don't get as many good shot opportunities with does.  Does are like turkeys in that they typically show up in groups and one of them is always looking at you so as soon as you move to draw you're busted.  Bucks tend to travel alone so it's easier to find a time when his head is down or he's behind a tree so you can get your bow drawn without him seeing you.

FrankM

« Reply #33 on: Oct 27, 2008, 11:22:55 AM »
By the way, nice shot webs!

Offline headhunter10

• Spiked
« Reply #34 on: Oct 27, 2008, 08:59:34 PM »

another picture and story on the hunting pictures post

upstatehunter

« Reply #35 on: Oct 28, 2008, 05:23:40 AM »
Congrats to all successful in the southern zone. I do miss being able to continue bow hunting in the fall, but we lost our spot last year due to people thinking because they had a snowmobile trail through their property you could just bust the gate down and tear up things with a four wheel drive. Thanks to them the land owner closed it off to hunting.

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal