Author Topic: S. Zone Bow  (Read 7303 times)

Offline stka

• 30 Point Buck
S. Zone Bow
« on: Oct 13, 2008, 10:56:34 AM »
Anyone else getting a little anxious. Last year the deer weren't moving around me early in the season, but I still can't wait to get out there. I've already got two ticks, and seen a small buck from my stand. In the last couple days a rub appeared about ten yds from my ladder. I didn't fill a single tag last year, nothing is to small for the first one this year. First clear shot I get I'm taking.

Offline TR19

• 8 Pointer
Re: S. Zone Bow
« Reply #1 on: Oct 13, 2008, 11:07:15 AM »
I feel a little better. I just got back in from a morning of muzzleloading up north. No shots but it was nice to be out in the woods with more than a camera in my hand.

I probably won't bow hunt until Monday. I spend Saturday & Sunday in the Northern zone with the rifle. I've got about 60 trial cam pics of a 5 & 4 pointer that are practicaly living under my bow stand. Can't wait for that though. I have yet to kill one with the bow & not have the Yotes get it before me.

halfrack33

« Reply #2 on: Oct 13, 2008, 11:19:05 AM »
ill be going out saturday. i don't know the area too well but my gf lives down there and will be working so i figured ide give it a shot while she's gone. found a spot yesterday that borders a field i always see deer in and it's not posted so we'll see. good luck to everyone else

Offline Stuck-on-Seven

• 10 Pointer
« Reply #3 on: Oct 13, 2008, 07:31:23 PM »
im pumped i cant wait to get out in my southern zone spot where i know theres deer......i know i wont be gettin much sleep friday night because there will be nothing else on my mind.....its lookin like saturday morning and night, sunday morning and night and i might skip school and go monday morning and night...CANT WAIT!!

Offline pieman1998

• 6 Pointer
« Reply #4 on: Oct 14, 2008, 03:43:20 AM »
me and my son are ready his 15 and didn't get a shot last year and didn't have doe permit we do this year and he can with gun  :)
love the outdoors

upstatehunter

« Reply #5 on: Oct 14, 2008, 05:33:34 AM »
Lost my area a couple years ago and haven't been down to southern zone since. I do miss the bow hunting there though. So I guess my son and I will be hunting the big one till December when late muzzle loader opens.

Offline XII Outdoors

• 6 Pointer
« Reply #6 on: Oct 14, 2008, 08:13:58 AM »
I am so ready.  I keep staring at the photos from the trail cam and hope that buck provides me with an opportunity.  Good luck fellas

FrankM

« Reply #7 on: Oct 14, 2008, 11:25:02 AM »
I can't wait. I'll be in my stand bright and early Saturday morning.  Good luck to all.  Be safe.

Offline saranacjoe

• Forked
« Reply #8 on: Oct 14, 2008, 12:40:39 PM »
I'm ready!  my son is going for the first time and is excited as h***.
" Follow your passion and success will follow you"-Arthur Buddhold

Offline Shed94

• 6 Pointer
  • 24/7 Antlerman
    • Shed Antler Nation
« Reply #9 on: Oct 14, 2008, 06:41:49 PM »
I can't wait for Saturday,to get here,good luck guys!!!
Antlers ~ N ~ Artifacts

Offline vivlamored

• 8 Pointer
« Reply #10 on: Oct 14, 2008, 06:53:28 PM »
i wish all the seasons didn't run together, north hunting season opens saturday and south bow also opens then gesse opens next week, its hard to get time to do it all i wonder if my wife will let me quit my job

Offline stka

• 30 Point Buck
« Reply #11 on: Oct 17, 2008, 09:28:58 AM »
I can't wait. Last year from what I remember, it was so warm for the opening weekend I was swatting mosquitos in my stand, and the deer weren't moving. Now this year they're calling for a frost each night for the next three. Hopefully everyone gets to see some action this weekend. Good luck.

Offline pieman1998

• 6 Pointer
« Reply #12 on: Oct 17, 2008, 02:46:46 PM »
i'm going i just hope my son gets one not so much for but for him
love the outdoors

Offline stka

• 30 Point Buck
« Reply #13 on: Oct 17, 2008, 03:04:09 PM »
Would that be his first, or first with a bow? That's always great.

Offline wile.e.1

• Forked
« Reply #14 on: Oct 17, 2008, 03:45:35 PM »
Yeh sure.....I'll sleep tonight ::) ::)   The wifes about to throw me out of the house...she says I get this way every season....Pacing around , Edgy,  You know...WIRED!!  I ,UH  dont believe her...I told her I think it's her  ;)  Have a great and  safe season all.
remember those who served..ALL gave some, some gave ALL

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal