Author Topic: Grouse Hunting  (Read 11089 times)

Offline Raquettedacker

• Cactus Buck
Re: Grouse Hunting
« Reply #15 on: Oct 25, 2018, 06:20:18 PM »
Nice....
"Dying is the easy part. Learning how to live is the hard part..."

Offline Gasblaster

• Nubbie
« Reply #16 on: Oct 26, 2018, 03:48:13 PM »
Lots of birds around this year in northern Maine .

« Last Edit: Oct 26, 2018, 03:49:50 PM by Gasblaster »

Offline SHaRPS

• 6 Pointer
« Reply #17 on: Oct 29, 2018, 08:18:40 AM »
I am jealous Gasblaster. We no longer have any grouse here in RI and that species has actually been closed to hunting for a few years now. The only wild birds that we get are doves and woodcock. Speaking of woodcock, we have seen 6 in 2 trips which is more than we have seen in the last 10 years. Maybe just luck but I am thinking there is a huge movement of them right now and they are all here in RI. Got them at both ends of the state as well.

On the bright side, we did well this weekend and my yearly stash of "chicken" is secured. Just wish i had some grouse. lol

Honor Respect Loyalty

Offline Green Mountian Hunter

• 30 Point Buck
  • FREE DROBS !!!!
« Reply #18 on: Oct 30, 2018, 05:24:32 PM »
I am jealous Gasblaster. We no longer have any grouse here in RI and that species has actually been closed to hunting for a few years now. The only wild birds that we get are doves and woodcock. Speaking of woodcock, we have seen 6 in 2 trips which is more than we have seen in the last 10 years. Maybe just luck but I am thinking there is a huge movement of them right now and they are all here in RI. Got them at both ends of the state as well.

On the bright side, we did well this weekend and my yearly stash of "chicken" is secured. Just wish i had some grouse. lol

Hay sharps you planning on inviting me me the cooler cook out  ;) :) Congrads on a great outing ....

Offline SHaRPS

• 6 Pointer
« Reply #19 on: Oct 31, 2018, 06:26:01 AM »
Thanks Green Mountain. 1 cooler full of birds, 1 cooler full of beer, and hopefully 1 cooler full of venison after this weekend. Come on down.
Honor Respect Loyalty

Offline Green Mountian Hunter

• 30 Point Buck
  • FREE DROBS !!!!
« Reply #20 on: Oct 31, 2018, 05:05:18 PM »
Thanks Sharp but going to Maine hunting for 2 weeks planning on a awesome time with the boy's  :) :)
Been looking forward to this all year  :) :).....

Offline SHaRPS

• 6 Pointer
« Reply #21 on: Nov 05, 2018, 08:33:06 AM »
Good luck and have fun up there GMH.

I was lucky enough to get a babysitter yesterday and was able to tag this 105 lb dressed doe. Clean shot with the .50 through both lungs. She was still able to go up a steep cliff about 50 yards before expiring. Now I need to fill my buck tag.

Honor Respect Loyalty

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal