Author Topic: Buffalo Area Hunting?  (Read 2506 times)

Offline archbishop

• 8 Pointer
Buffalo Area Hunting?
« on: Sep 13, 2006, 12:12:33 PM »
as most of you know, i am moving up to buffalo, my question is, where are good hunting areas/ state land/open to public hunting, im not going to have much time to scout or talk to farmers etc.. and im not really keen on the 60-90 minute drive everyday to my usuall haunts :-\ any info would be appreciated.

Offline pikeon

• Nubbie
Re: Buffalo Area Hunting?
« Reply #1 on: Sep 14, 2006, 09:04:27 AM »
Alabama swamps have hunting access I believe. That may be a 30 minute drive from Amherst. Darien State park off Broadway is also 30 minutes away. The proplem with moving closer to the population is that the hunting pressure goes way up.

Offline archbishop

• 8 Pointer
« Reply #2 on: Sep 14, 2006, 10:11:13 AM »
Alabama swamps have hunting access I believe. That may be a 30 minute drive from Amherst. Darien State park off Broadway is also 30 minutes away. The proplem with moving closer to the population is that the hunting pressure goes way up.

im sure it does :-\ but the southern tier is being invaded as well, so unfortunatley im getting used to it :'(

Offline Bobman

• 6 Pointer
  • Shoot him now, shoot him now!!!
« Reply #3 on: Sep 14, 2006, 11:00:24 AM »
There's all kinds of deer running around Amherst,...just don't get caught  ;)!

I'm not sure there is a lot of public hunting that's much good close by but if you drive around the Clarence, Lancaster or Elma areas and knock on some doors you may be able to get permission to hunt private land, especially with the bow.  Another place to look is Grand Island.  There is a bunch of deer there are fairly large undeveloped areas but I think it's mostly private property as well.  There is also the Zoar Valley area around Springville that is a shorter drive the Olean.  I still make the hour drive to the southern tier to hunt most of the time.
Their comin' right for us!

Offline archbishop

• 8 Pointer
« Reply #4 on: Sep 14, 2006, 11:30:12 AM »
oll probably still end up making the drive this year :-\
i wouldnt have time to scout anything anyway ???

Offline venisonman

• 6 Pointer
« Reply #5 on: Sep 14, 2006, 04:59:15 PM »
KEEP...........YOUR ...............HEAD............LOW!!!!!!!!!
Genesis 9:2 The fear and dread of you will fall upon all the beasts of the earth and the birds of the air, upon every creature that moves along the ground, and upon all the fish of the sea, they are given into your hands.

Offline millermankt

• 6 Pointer
« Reply #6 on: Sep 14, 2006, 09:46:50 PM »
Very hard to say. There are alot of deer in Niagara county , but you need to know the owner. I have personaly been there but i've heard great things about Darien lake state park.

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal