Author Topic: Bald eagle  (Read 1780 times)

Offline adkRoy

• 12 Pointer
  • Beware, the Ghost Deer are going to get you!!!!
Bald eagle
« on: Sep 12, 2006, 06:24:11 AM »
Sunday we were working on the farm, putting up new posted signs and tree stands. When we got done we started driving home when a bald eagle flew right down in front of then over our truck. It left us all speechless. I wish I could have gotten a picture of him. Its nice to know that they are making a come back in NY.
Tresspassing on my land is bad, Tresspassing on my land with an ATV will get you shot!

Offline archbishop

• 8 Pointer
Re: Bald eagle
« Reply #1 on: Sep 12, 2006, 08:43:52 AM »
we have a few around here, right by allegant state park and allegany national forest, its always great to see them cruising down the allegany river or just soaring over head. cameras are great but i always find my self staring at them, then when i go to take the pic they have gotten pretty far away :D they are truely a majestic animal.

Offline CROWKILLER

• 6 Pointer
  • Kill um - n - Grill um
« Reply #2 on: Sep 12, 2006, 09:31:54 AM »
i know a spot by me and their must be atleast 10 adults and more yung birds we would watch them all the time

Offline Pikeguy

• 6 Pointer
« Reply #3 on: Sep 12, 2006, 10:42:08 AM »
I live about 12 minutes from the National eagle center. I see more eagles than I can shake a stick at!  ;D Guess I'm pretty lucky!
Adam

Offline fshnfool

• 6 Pointer
  • ssssssshhhh....I'm hunting wwwabbit
« Reply #4 on: Sep 13, 2006, 12:50:11 PM »
we' ve got a couple families of birds that've taken hold over the past few years on a lake about 5 miles from me too.  Last winter while ice fishing, we counted over a dozen.  Great to see the comeback
~Scott~

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal