Author Topic: Will less DMU permits change your plans  (Read 7006 times)

FrankM

Re: Will less DMU permits change your plans
« Reply #15 on: Sep 20, 2006, 11:53:40 AM »
I don't think there is any conspriacy with doe permits but in my experience the issuing agent can make a mistake entering your application that can cause you to be denied.  I own 50 acres in 9X and have always received at least one permit every year for the last 23 years.  This year I got turned down and was issued a preference point.   I thought there was something wrong since the brochure that the DEC mailed out said that all landowners would receive their first choice permit in 9X.  It took 3 calls to the DEC to straighten it out but what I finally had to do was give my preference point stub back to the town clerk and have her call the DEC to notify them that it had been turned in.  I received my permit by mail 3 days later.   Next year I am going to try to apply for all my licenses myself on line.

Offline archbishop

• 8 Pointer
« Reply #16 on: Sep 20, 2006, 12:17:57 PM »
my father in law has a little over a hundred acres in 9x off 305, and he got turned down as well ??? im not sure if he did what you did to get the landowner permit or what, but i know he wasnt happy.

Offline Blindsquirrel

• Spiked
« Reply #17 on: Sep 20, 2006, 01:13:33 PM »
They screw it up every year for my father-in-law and he has to go through the same process with the DEC.  I don’t see what the issue is.  I noticed that there is a check box for “landowner” next to the DMP line on the DECALS system.  The agent must not be checking that box.

I think next year I will do it for him online.  I did my wife’s this year and it was pretty straight forward.
Even a blind squirrel finds a nut once in awhile.

FrankM

« Reply #18 on: Sep 20, 2006, 02:11:44 PM »
Arch & Blind Squirrel:
Here is the text of the e-mail the DEC sent me:
Mr. Marando,
You are correct that all landowners should receive a DMP for 9X.  The license issuing agent may have made a mistake while processing your DMP.  Please call our DMP helpline to resolve your situation (1-866-472-4332). Thanks.

Jeremy Hurst

I called that number and they helped me straighten it out.  You may want to have your father-in-law call them since he should be entitled to receive a permit.

Offline archbishop

• 8 Pointer
« Reply #19 on: Sep 20, 2006, 02:37:54 PM »
he did straighten it out, i just wasnt sure if it was the same chanels you went through ??? i was refering to the fact he was ticked he didnt get it when he knew he was supposed to, but kmart cant do anything about it after they screw up :-\

FrankM

« Reply #20 on: Sep 20, 2006, 02:46:34 PM »
he did straighten it out, i just wasnt sure if it was the same chanels you went through ??? i was refering to the fact he was ticked he didnt get it when he knew he was supposed to, but kmart cant do anything about it after they screw up :-\
The town clerk had the same problem.  I had to give her my preference point and have her call the DEC while I was there to get it fixed.  I hope I have better luck next year when I try to do it online myself.

Offline Blindsquirrel

• Spiked
« Reply #21 on: Sep 20, 2006, 04:41:20 PM »
My father-in-law got it straightened out also.  He has this happen every year, so he pretty much has the process down. 

I am actually starting to find it amusing. 8)
Even a blind squirrel finds a nut once in awhile.

Offline archbishop

• 8 Pointer
« Reply #22 on: Sep 22, 2006, 09:14:02 AM »
who knows dwayne, they may have changed it between the time you asked and the time we asked ??? this is NYS and nothing is the same from day to day, i have on several occasions got an answer from a call line and then when i talked to a DEC officer, he said it wasnt true? if something doesnt get straightened out someone is going to get a fine or worse :-\ remember that slammer questionand debate on IS last year? same thing, one DEC officer says one thing, the next you ask says something different, the books are unclear and the call line gives you a i dont know ???

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal