Author Topic: Buck Down!  (Read 6425 times)

Offline Mtnman

• Forked
Re: Buck Down!
« Reply #30 on: Nov 30, 2020, 07:49:52 AM »
It was worth a shot, and I dont blame you. I prefer it as well... until the drag. I will just keep reading your posts to figure it out!

Offline aquaassassin

• 30 Point Buck
  • AIM SMALL... MISS SMALL
« Reply #31 on: Nov 30, 2020, 02:00:19 PM »
Yes! The drag does suck but in a way I enjoy it still.
It's not being cocky if you can back it up!

Offline Mtnman

• Forked
« Reply #32 on: Nov 30, 2020, 06:11:54 PM »
Yes. The drag is always one of those "good problems" to have!

Offline The 3Ps

• 6 Pointer
« Reply #33 on: Dec 02, 2020, 08:12:33 PM »
The drag out by yourself always allows you and your deer to get better acquainted. I have great conversations with mine on the way out. Out loud even. Lol! If you were to see me and not really know what I was up to, you might think I was off my rocker! If its a long drag I usually tell them they could've let me get them a bit closer to the house...obviously the outcome was the same.
patience, persistence, presentation

Offline aquaassassin

• 30 Point Buck
  • AIM SMALL... MISS SMALL
« Reply #34 on: Dec 03, 2020, 06:20:02 AM »
Lmao! Been there!
It's not being cocky if you can back it up!

Offline Dirt23

• Forked
« Reply #35 on: Dec 04, 2020, 05:32:35 AM »
Oh the drag funny how they put weight on still after a dirt nap.  Starts out 110 lb spike by the time get to truck that sucker gotta go 180 barley lift it in truck.  Then there's the reckoning at weigh station

Offline Raquettedacker

• Cactus Buck
« Reply #36 on: Dec 04, 2020, 05:47:09 AM »
The ol timers use to carry them out over there shoulders.  8)
"Dying is the easy part. Learning how to live is the hard part..."

Offline Dirt23

• Forked
« Reply #37 on: Dec 05, 2020, 05:06:06 AM »
The ol timers use to carry them out over there shoulders.  8)
funny you say that brought a buddy out hunting for his first time set him up where deer come from. Bout an hour goes by after first light and here comes this small deer figured doe must have walked 30 yards by this kid in wide open.  Deer starts walking straight at me at twenty yards see it has legal spikes center on throat patch and let her eat thing flips over.   Kid comes running down logging road yelling you get one.  Yup over here so show him how to get... Start dragging make it probably 300 yards and he's saying this is stupid let me carry it .  Told him normally drag but he insisted carry my gun and help me get legs around shoulders. Sure this will be good 7\10 a mile I have 2 rifles and deer head in arms not bad for me he's got blood running down neck and shoulders by the time we get to truck he's exhausted and dry heaving.  Get to check station local store owner is mortified looking at this kid thinking he got deer because he's coated literally from head to toe.  I pull license to check in clerk says what the hell kind of freind are you make him do all the work I just smile. Poor kid never asked to go deer hunting again

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal