The Camp Fire > Wild Game In The Kitchen/Campstove Cooking

grinding burger

(1/4) > >>

wile.e.1:
after years of having someone else process my deer , I cut up a doe myself. Did pretty good on time for the 1st effort....thanks youtube. In the past I would have either pork or beef fat mixed into the grind. On this deer I used bacon. Anyone else ever do that ?   Just wondering if it is OK .  I will find out soon enough....I ate the tenderloins for lunch yesterday,  tonight is backstraps for dinner    :)   then I will try the burger....Seems to me bacon would work,   I mean,   what doesn't taste better with bacon right ?  Appreciate any thoughts,   thanks

stka:
I know people on here have done it. I used pork butt and beef shoulder the last few years. When using pork you should cook it thoroughly, with the beef I don't feel it as necessary for me personally. Did you get a grinder yet?

hickgtx600f4:
should work fine. normaly we add 5lbs of pork butt to 20 lbs of venison. its a good mix ratio for us. we generaly remove all stringy stuff and cut long muscle's into about 1" lengths. helps keep the grinder from clogging up with taloe. we generally grind everything in the 3/8" die first. venison first then the pork. mix the two together and then send it through the 1/8" die after. we use 18x24x6 deep plastic totes to mix everything in. if we make sausage we add add that last and mix well before we send it through the horn or make it onto patty's or bulk. good luck.

Deposit:
I mix in 1 part pork tenderloin to 3 parts venison with a package of maple smoked bacon. Best Berger I ever had.

Raquettedacker:
That's all I do...

http://www.myhuntingforum.com/hunting_forum/index.php?topic=3121.msg170649#msg170649 

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version