Author Topic: BAD DAY  (Read 1819 times)

Offline SDpheasant

• Forked
BAD DAY
« on: Oct 09, 2005, 12:16:49 AM »
ok here goes nothing, well me and my dad got up and left the house about nine, we were gonna drive to my grandpa and grandmas, about an hour drive, and all was well until we find out the gun my grandpa has for my dad is a 16 gauge, and im thinkinh "great" well see the thing is it is resident only weekend and u have to hunt on public land, and on public land u have to use steel shot, and so we are going around looking at every small town hardware store for 16 gauge steel shells, and we had to go all the way back to sioux falls ( where we live) and then we find sum and the cost 14$!!!!!!!!! and by now its a good 4 o clock a nd we go to all our hunting places and theres people at all of them! well we finally find a couple places to hunt and all we see is 3 hens 2 roosters that flushed way ahead of us and 4 deer, and we must have walked a good 5-6 miles................................im sore...........................and tired.......and not to complain but it really pisses me off that the GFP does this i mean do they just want a hunting accident to happen? great idea #1 "lets have a weekend b4 were residents can all load up on to public land, and shoot eachother!" ok now im done!

Offline MASTERGUIDE

• 6 Pointer
Re: BAD DAY
« Reply #1 on: Oct 09, 2005, 01:14:12 AM »
Yeah they do some wierd stuff.

MASTERGUIDE

Offline shrub

• 6 Pointer
  • out looking for the big one
« Reply #2 on: Oct 09, 2005, 04:56:04 PM »
ok here goes nothing, well me and my dad got up and left the house about nine, we were gonna drive to my grandpa and grandmas, about an hour drive, and all was well until we find out the gun my grandpa has for my dad is a 16 gauge, and im thinkinh "great" well see the thing is it is resident only weekend and u have to hunt on public land, and on public land u have to use steel shot, and so we are going around looking at every small town hardware store for 16 gauge steel shells, and we had to go all the way back to sioux falls ( where we live) and then we find sum and the cost 14$!!!!!!!!! and by now its a good 4 o clock a nd we go to all our hunting places and theres people at all of them! well we finally find a couple places to hunt and all we see is 3 hens 2 roosters that flushed way ahead of us and 4 deer, and we must have walked a good 5-6 miles................................im sore...........................and tired.......and not to complain but it really pisses me off that the GFP does this i mean do they just want a hunting accident to happen? great idea #1 "lets have a weekend b4 were residents can all load up on to public land, and shoot eachother!" ok now im done!

wow that sucks, at least you got to go hunting. how old is the 16 gauge?  you might want to be careful about shooting steel shot out if it if its old, i have one form 1916 and all i can shoot out of it is 1 oz. loads.
I didnt reach the top of the food chain to be a vegatarin!!!!

Offline SDpheasant

• Forked
« Reply #3 on: Oct 10, 2005, 09:21:20 AM »
its not like an antique, hes already shot it too, soo it should be alright ;D

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal