Author Topic: Family FB Page  (Read 1230 times)

Offline benny8

• Forked
Family FB Page
« on: Sep 10, 2020, 03:13:04 AM »
Not sure if this is allowed here, admins please remove if its not. My wife, daughter and myself have started a family Facebook and Instagram page. It is called Fam Bam Outdoors. We share our outdoor adventures with our following and encourage others to get out into the outdoors and share their adventures on our page. We try to post up tips and other things that others may or may not know about. We have recently started using Spypoint cell cams and started placing them higher up in the trees out of the sight of deer and potential theives. Hoping to share some pics from that on the page. Please stop by and have a look and share your adventures with the gang! Have a great day everyone!

Offline Huntnfish603

• 6 Pointer
Re: Family FB Page
« Reply #1 on: Sep 10, 2020, 09:01:27 AM »
I do not use Facebook, Instagram, or any other social media besides this site and ice shanty, but...great idea Benny and fam. Awesome to see everyone involved.
I have not used the cell cams yet but was wondering the "latest" rules with those. Is it that they can't be used during hunting season? , or that you can't take a deer within 24 hrs of recieving a pic?
I remember some talk about it a while back.

Offline benny8

• Forked
« Reply #2 on: Sep 10, 2020, 10:30:52 AM »
I do not use Facebook, Instagram, or any other social media besides this site and ice shanty, but...great idea Benny and fam. Awesome to see everyone involved.
I have not used the cell cams yet but was wondering the "latest" rules with those. Is it that they can't be used during hunting season? , or that you can't take a deer within 24 hrs of recieving a pic?
I remember some talk about it a while back.
Thanks HnF603- The laws pertaining to taking of deer are that you can't take a deer the same day a picture is taken. So I interpret, now mind you this part might be debateable, that if a deer picture is taken before the stroke of midnight, you could feesibly hunt that area the next morning. I think there may still be a gray area.

Offline Huntnfish603

• 6 Pointer
« Reply #3 on: Sep 10, 2020, 11:04:53 AM »
That's what I kind of thought. Never really got a straight answer from a CO or anything. But then again I've only used regular cams up to this point. I can really see the benefit to using them for those spots that are really deep in the woods though.

Offline aquaassassin

• 30 Point Buck
  • AIM SMALL... MISS SMALL
« Reply #4 on: Sep 10, 2020, 02:51:55 PM »
They LOVE that gray area. Can’t call them wrong and can get you 6 ways til Sunday.

I won’t put my fate in there hands. They need money in a bad way.
It's not being cocky if you can back it up!

Offline aquaassassin

• 30 Point Buck
  • AIM SMALL... MISS SMALL
« Reply #5 on: Sep 10, 2020, 02:55:57 PM »
I digress,  ;D

Prob won’t find many FB users here buddy. I actually despise it, it ruined these sites
It's not being cocky if you can back it up!

Offline benny8

• Forked
« Reply #6 on: Sep 11, 2020, 03:04:27 AM »
I digress,  ;D

Prob won’t find many FB users here buddy. I actually despise it, it ruined these sites
I tend to agree on it ruining these sites. I use it for connecting and sharing with family spread out across the map. I'm not political, so anyone who posts anything political is unfollowed but remains a friend. My feed is all positive, which is nice considering I get periodical updates from my aunt in Illinois about my uncle who is battling ALS. If my family was more local, FB would be history.

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal