Author Topic: L tag?  (Read 1387 times)

Offline aquaassassin

• 30 Point Buck
  • AIM SMALL... MISS SMALL
L tag?
« on: Aug 05, 2020, 10:48:40 AM »
Anyone score one? I got a E-mail saying I did NOT receive one. First time ever. I blame the Covid.

It’s supposed to be a “ management” tool not for money  ::)

Here’s a idea give them to the guys who fill it guaranteed every year so they can be used for management. I filled it every year available. I know so many guys who just got one that don’t shoot a deer period,Work on filling a regular tag first, this makes sense  ::)

The other issue with them anyhow is all the areas in L with to many deer have that issue because it’s posted lol not the open areas. So the bulk of people aren’t getting in there anyhow. While the public areas with less than ideal animal counts in my opinion get pounded further. I use mine on a 100% private farm so it’s great for there. I wouldn’t mind it just done away with but as long as they are there I’ll continue to try for it and use it in a area it should be
It's not being cocky if you can back it up!

Offline zwiggles

• Forked
Re: L tag?
« Reply #1 on: Aug 05, 2020, 01:54:08 PM »
I got mine, first time ever, lol. I never applied mainly because I never kill deer, but hoping to change that this year.

Offline aquaassassin

• 30 Point Buck
« Reply #2 on: Aug 05, 2020, 05:27:15 PM »
Well you make my point!  :P Love ya buddy

Seriously though congrats

Offline zwiggles

• Forked
« Reply #3 on: Aug 07, 2020, 08:21:21 AM »
Well you make my point!  :P Love ya buddy

Seriously though congrats

Thanks, I know in the past I never got one because I never passed on does. If it was furry I was going to shoot it. Now I’m hoping I can tag a doe early and wait for some horns. Herd management should always trump revenue generation, although I’ll freely admit that’s a catch-22 and a half.

But, I totally feel we’re your coming from. Especially from a management stand point I wish they would prioritize those that have filled tags consistently in the past. If not just come out and say this lottery is to generate cash, and not manage the herd.

Offline aquaassassin

• 30 Point Buck
« Reply #4 on: Aug 07, 2020, 09:46:50 AM »
I like your train of thought, because we all know you can’t shoot tomorrow’s Giants today. So I’m glad you will use it to break the ice and get the monkey off your back so to speak then can see that passing deer after that truly works and you’ve still avoided a skunk

Offline bikrsrule

• 6 Pointer
« Reply #5 on: Sep 02, 2020, 04:03:31 AM »
Sorry so late getting back to you Frank, my first year not getting the L tag either, all other years that I got 1 I filled it except last year, just couldnt seem to score. Just the luck of the draw.

Offline aquaassassin

• 30 Point Buck
« Reply #6 on: Sep 02, 2020, 04:59:19 AM »
Almost time Mark! Hey, send me a PM with your number again, new phone.

Offline bikrsrule

• 6 Pointer
« Reply #7 on: Sep 03, 2020, 04:01:52 PM »
PM sent Frank

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal